In SHADOWoftheTOMBRAIDER you can now easily activate DX12-3DVision (updated v2.0)

Pure Mana Supreme
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: In SHADOWoftheTOMBRAIDER you can now easily activate DX1

Post by Pure Mana Supreme »

Hi again all, I was wondering if anyone with an 8700k has managed to get TimFX7's Shadow of the Tomb Raider DX12 fix to work? If I remember correctly the fix was meant to work with older processors and there were quite a few additional and confusing steps to do to try to make it work with Cheat Engine, just curious if anyone with this processor has managed to get this working with this or similar processor.

I recently upgraded from 1080 Ti to 2080 Ti and am really curious as to whether or not this is playable in 3D Vision @ 2560x1440 now on the GPU side of things but only if I can resolve the CPU bottleneck that exists in most areas of the game, particularly Paitit!

Thanks for any help with this, I've also reached out for help at 3D Vision discord but apparently no-one is with 8700k trying to get this fix with Cheat Engine to work.
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Re: In SHADOWoftheTOMBRAIDER you can now easily activate DX12-3D

Post by WickedScav »

Couldn't get the Start3D tool to work properly (it starts, runs in the background but does nothing) but SotTR DX12-3DV works perfectly with the Cheat Engine instructions!

Amazing work guys! I can't believe how perfect and smooth 3DVision runs with this game in DX12, makes you wonder why the devs disabled DX12-3DV in the first place, couldn't find any problems. Happy to have waited so long, to finally be play SotTR the way it's was meant to be played :)
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

Got a strange problem: everything works perfectly until I do a restart of Windows. After a reboot, the 3D is messed up . Resetting the driver profiles using nvidia inspector doesn't help, neither does running the 3D wizard again. The only thing which helps is reinstalling the driver (I currently use the last official 3DV driver from nvidia 425.31 without any hacks), then SotTR works again until the next reboot...

So for the moment, everytime I like to play SotTR, I first have to reinstall the graphic driver, very annoying. Anyone experiencing the same issue?
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Hi , if only tomb raider not working : ( this is a problem I frequently encounter with each driver installation. I do not know why. but my solution works.)
turn on in-game overlay from nvidia experence. If I do not activate after in driver installation. After First reset or first start Tomb raider definitely crashes. (note: once it works properly, there is no need to turn on this feature next time. you can turn it off if you want.)
Windows 10 Pro x64 (20H2) , i7 6700K 4.7GHz , DDR4 3000MHz 32GB, GTX 1660 Super , PG278Q , 3D Vision 2
My 3D Epic Screenshots I - II and Videos ----- GHOSTING Fix PG278Q ------- HITMAN-2 3D-FIX TOOLBOX
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

TimFx7 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:44 am Hi , if only tomb raider not working : ( this is a problem I frequently encounter with each driver installation. I do not know why. but my solution works.)
turn on in-game overlay from nvidia experence. If I do not activate after in driver installation. After First reset or first start Tomb raider definitely crashes. (note: once it works properly, there is no need to turn on this feature next time. you can turn it off if you want.)
Thanks, I will try this later today and report back. Indeed for some reason, this issue only happens with SotTR so far...

UPDATE: Did not work. Enabling the GF experience overlay after driver installation and before starting the game, does not resolve the problem of having to reinstall the graphic driver after each reboot to be able to play SotTR with 3DV :(
doberso
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by doberso »

Losti's method always works. I am using 3dfixmanager in driver updates. sometimes, the latest driver update does not appear on 3DFixmanager , then, I go back to the Losti's method.
Kermitou
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kermitou »

Someone could tell me how to activate 3D vision with DirectX 11, there was a solution by changing some values in the nvidia profile with nvidia profile inspector app, but it seems to get lost in the NVIDIA crappy forum (https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... raider/25/)… I 'm using 445.87, win 1909 and the bringback3DV tool ...Last version of SotTR updated in steam … Thank you so much ...
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Kermitou wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:02 am Someone could tell me how to activate 3D vision with DirectX 11, there was a solution by changing some values in the nvidia profile with nvidia profile inspector app, but it seems to get lost in the NVIDIA crappy forum (https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... raider/25/)… I 'm using 445.87, win 1909 and the bringback3DV tool ...Last version of SotTR updated in steam … Thank you so much ...
You have to set 0x70CCB5F0 = 0x00000000 for the SOTTR driver profile. This re-enables 3D Vision direct mode + the optimizations for Stereo 3D added by the game developers.
This fix is only required for DX 11 but it doesn't hurt if it is also applied when playing in DX 12 mode.

@Tim: Just wanted to leave a big thank you for your "Start3D.exe" and your 3DFM profile. I'm using latest Steam Tomb Raider version + Win 10 v.1909 + Geforce drivers 445.87 and it just works out of the box. Awesome! I think I have to play the campaign again with smoother framerate in 3D and all DLCs included :)
Actually a real shame that Square Enix was not able / interested in giving us the Stereoscopic "on" menu option back! That's actually all what is missing.
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Pauldusler wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:48 am @Tim: Just wanted to leave a big thank you for your "Start3D.exe" and your 3DFM profile. I'm using latest Steam Tomb Raider version + Win 10 v.1909 + Geforce drivers 445.87 and it just works out of the box. Awesome! I think I have to play the campaign again with smoother framerate in 3D and all DLCs included :)
Actually a real shame that Square Enix was not able / interested in giving us the Stereoscopic "on" menu option back! That's actually all what is missing.
man, thank you for your feedback. Have fun !
Windows 10 Pro x64 (20H2) , i7 6700K 4.7GHz , DDR4 3000MHz 32GB, GTX 1660 Super , PG278Q , 3D Vision 2
My 3D Epic Screenshots I - II and Videos ----- GHOSTING Fix PG278Q ------- HITMAN-2 3D-FIX TOOLBOX
Pure Mana Supreme
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: In SHADOWoftheTOMBRAIDER you can now easily activate DX1

TimFx7 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:36 pm https://youtu.be/SMAHaIrfGvw?t=77
In this part of your video, I set the value to 2. I ask you to make the value 1. if the value changes to 1 then the game switches to SideBySide mode. This means that Cheat Engine is working correctly. if the change is happening it has nothing to do with the cpu cores. there is a problem with driver or other setting.

if cheat engine file I gave does not work. You can create your own computer-specific settings.
cheat engine tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No5plevD8A4
change stereoscopic option sidebyside in game. apply methods described in tutorial on cheat engine. You can find the value that is specific to your computer.

if you find the correct memory address you can replace it with these values
0 : 2D
1 : sidebyside
2 : 3d vision

Good luck
Hi again, is there a way to determine the memory address for 8700k and has anyone else with the same processor (or of similar core count, not sure of memory address denotes core count and is universal across different CPU's)?

I would love to try to get DX12 working with this game.

I'm still on 1809, currently on 445.87

Thanks for any help with this.
Pure Mana Supreme
One Eyed Hopeful

Pauldusler wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:48 am
Kermitou wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:02 am Someone could tell me how to activate 3D vision with DirectX 11, there was a solution by changing some values in the nvidia profile with nvidia profile inspector app, but it seems to get lost in the NVIDIA crappy forum (https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... raider/25/)… I 'm using 445.87, win 1909 and the bringback3DV tool ...Last version of SotTR updated in steam … Thank you so much ...
You have to set 0x70CCB5F0 = 0x00000000 for the SOTTR driver profile. This re-enables 3D Vision direct mode + the optimizations for Stereo 3D added by the game developers.
This fix is only required for DX 11 but it doesn't hurt if it is also applied when playing in DX 12 mode.

@Tim: Just wanted to leave a big thank you for your "Start3D.exe" and your 3DFM profile. I'm using latest Steam Tomb Raider version + Win 10 v.1909 + Geforce drivers 445.87 and it just works out of the box. Awesome! I think I have to play the campaign again with smoother framerate in 3D and all DLCs included :)
What CPU are you using? I'm trying to get this working again and I've followed TimFX7's instructions to the T in this video: https://youtu.be/KbyEpQYwh1U and what I have on my end is that SOTTR starts, but 3D is completely broken. DX12 is checked in the settings, so that's getting somewhere (previously the game would just CTD). Start3D.exe is running alongside the game. I have no idea why the 3D is completely broken.

The last time I tried this my right shutter lens was completely black and Laura was in 2D missing her hair and there was a kind of fog where you couldn't see beyond 10 feet in any direction and the FPS was at 31 FPS.

I'm on 1809 and have recently clean installed 445.87. I'm going through trying to see what games work with the latest version of 3D Fix Manager (1.75) and this is the only one that is giving me serious issues. Middle Earth: Shadow of War, The Witcher 3, RE2 Remake, Rise of the Tomb Raider all work fine. This game with this fix is just impossible.

I've triple checked the instructions and I'm doing everything correctly. Is the problem that I'm still on 1809?

I haven't tried Cheat Engine again, frankly I don't understand nor do I think it's the problem at this point because getting DX12 working doesn't seem to be the problem. 3D is completely broken, not sure what the issue could be.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I'm using 2080 Ti + 8700k and the game is updated to the latest version. Also using Geforce Experience.
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Pure Mana Supreme wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:36 pm What CPU are you using? I'm trying to get this working again and I've followed TimFX7's instructions to the T in this video: https://youtu.be/KbyEpQYwh1U and what I have on my end is that SOTTR starts, but 3D is completely broken. DX12 is checked in the settings, so that's getting somewhere (previously the game would just CTD). Start3D.exe is running alongside the game. I have no idea why the 3D is completely broken.
I have a I7 7700k processor. Start3d.exe works for me.
You might try out 3DFM 1.754. I've added a dedicated DX 12 profile for SOTTR there: http://fixmanager.markus-guendert.de/do ... _1.754.zip
(Still unofficial WIP 3DFM version)
Pure Mana Supreme
One Eyed Hopeful

Pauldusler wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:21 am
Pure Mana Supreme wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:36 pm What CPU are you using? I'm trying to get this working again and I've followed TimFX7's instructions to the T in this video: https://youtu.be/KbyEpQYwh1U and what I have on my end is that SOTTR starts, but 3D is completely broken. DX12 is checked in the settings, so that's getting somewhere (previously the game would just CTD). Start3D.exe is running alongside the game. I have no idea why the 3D is completely broken.
I have a I7 7700k processor. Start3d.exe works for me.
You might try out 3DFM 1.754. I've added a dedicated DX 12 profile for SOTTR there: http://fixmanager.markus-guendert.de/do ... _1.754.zip
(Still unofficial WIP 3DFM version)
Thanks for the help Paul, I believe the problem to be that this fix doesn't work with CPU's of greater core count. Last time TimFX7 attempted to help me with this this was the ultimate problem, and that's why he recommends trying to use CheatEngine (with memory address, which I don't know how to derive) for 8700k.

Is 3DFM 1.754 a beta? Is there any reason 3DFM won't update to this version on it's own? How do I apply this update?

Dude, thank you from the bottom of my heart for 3DFM!
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Shadow of the Tomb Raider
[26-05-2020] PC Patch Notes for patch 1.0.298 (Patch #19)

We have just released the eighteenth PC patch for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, build 1.0.298. This patch focuses primarily on a fix for support for the next Window 10 update.
I had to update the Start3D.exe file.
After this new version, updating the game version will no longer affect start3D.exe and will not need to be updated again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
859_3DFM_Profile.v3.rar
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Sadly I can't get the game to run in DX12 + 3D Vision no matter what. It just crashes to desktop before showing the 1st frame.
I tried all the workarounds presented here, having GFE overlay enabled/disabled.

Im on Win10 1909 with 445.87 driver and 3D Vision & 3D Hack fix enabled in the latest 3DF.
Anyone who had this issue, How did you fix it?

Cheers!
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Perhaps try skipping the intro videos with the launch command -nolauncher

I'm not a fan of GFE, so I'm using dx11. GL

When I do select dx12, I see "Stereoscopic 3D has been disabled because exclusive fullscreen was enabled (DX12)" in the log file for SOTTR in "my documents"

Disabling fullscreen exclusive allows me to select stereo on + dx12, but the image is crap.

Same if I choose windowed + dx12 + stereo on and enable 3D once in game via alt+enter to maximize the window.
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lundamyrstrollet »

Had the same experience as 3D Novice, can start with stereo on + DX 12, but the image is "crap", most of the screen is white, no CTD as Helifax mentioned.... Win 1903 445.87 (with bring back 3D installed) no GFE...
Tried alt enter and the other solutions, no luck...
Psyx
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Psyx »

Problem solved for me.
I copy the "Start3d.exe" from "859_3DFM_Profile.v3.rar" into "3DFM 1.754/Tools/SOTTR".
Works perfect on Win 2009 with 451.85 on Patch 1.0.298.
Last edited by Psyx on Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Win11 Pro x64 (22000.258) , I7 4790K , Z97-GD 65 , 16GB DDR3 , GTX 1070 , XB 272 , 3D Vision 2 , 452.06
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

helifax wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:02 am Sadly I can't get the game to run in DX12 + 3D Vision no matter what. It just crashes to desktop before showing the 1st frame.
I tried all the workarounds presented here, having GFE overlay enabled/disabled.
Im on Win10 1909 with 445.87 driver and 3D Vision & 3D Hack fix enabled in the latest 3DF.
Anyone who had this issue, How did you fix it?
CTD problem can sometimes cause the msi afterburner. Turn off all unnecessary software before you start the game and try again .
You can try reinstalling video card driver using DDU.

Lundamyrstrollet wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:49 am Had the same experience as 3D Novice, can start with stereo on + DX 12, but the image is "crap", most of the screen is white, no CTD as Helifax mentioned.... Win 1903 445.87 (with bring back 3D installed) no GFE...

If 3D looks bad in DX12, the methods I share may not be compatible with your system. I use intel i7 6700k, I know it works at 7700k.
So far, there have been shares that it is not compatible with the i7 8700k (6 core)
[ I think the memory address of the trigger that activates Dx12 3D appears in a different place than the memory addresses I discovered.]

If you share which processor you use in your feedback, we will know if the problem is from CPU.

Psyx wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:25 am Problem solved for me.
I copy the "Start3d.exe" from "859_3DFM_Profile.v3.rar" into "3DFM 1.754/Tools/SOTTR".
Works perfect on Win 2004 with 446.14(BringBack3D) on Patch 1.0.298.
:!: :!: :!: thank you for feedback. :!: :!: :!:
Pure Mana Supreme
One Eyed Hopeful

I can't believe I'm the only one with 3D Vision that is trying to get SOTTR to work with a 6 physical processor (hence no memory address to make this work).

If I was more familiar with cheat engine I would do this myself but I have no idea how to derive my memory address to make this fix work.

i7 8700k + 2080 Ti + PG278Q
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lundamyrstrollet »

Lundamyrstrollet wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:49 am Had the same experience as 3D Novice, can start with stereo on + DX 12, but the image is "crap", most of the screen is white, no CTD as Helifax mentioned.... Win 1903 445.87 (with bring back 3D installed) no GFE...

If 3D looks bad in DX12, the methods I share may not be compatible with your system. I use intel i7 6700k, I know it works at 7700k.
So far, there have been shares that it is not compatible with the i7 8700k (6 core)
[ I think the memory address of the trigger that activates Dx12 3D appears in a different place than the memory addresses I discovered.]

If you share which processor you use in your feedback, we will know if the problem is from CPU.

Yep, have a 8700k,sadly :)
Has anyone tested a 9900k or a 10...?
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

I've been struggling with this one for a while now.

1. Uninstalled all drivers with DDU
2. Installed 451.67 driver
3. Installed 3D Fix Manager beta from TimFx7 (1.754)
4. Copied Start3d.exe next to SOTTR.exe and added it to run concurrently with the game in the 3D Fix Manager profile
5. Installed GeForce experience

I execute the game from 3DFM (DX12 profile) The game works fine with DX11 but with DX12 it opens the black screen and just crashes to the desktop.

I also tried the Cheat Engine 7 method:
1. Disabled 3DV
2. Ran the game in DX12 windowed mode
3. Enabled S3D in Control Panel
4. Loaded the CE profile and set the 3DV setting to 2 (the memory address was set to 806F1464)
5. In the game, I went to Options and I see DX12 ON but I cannot set S3D to ON (it is OFF)

Seems to me there are 2 issues here:
1. Game won't start in DX12 mode if S3D is enabled in nV Control Panel
2. When the game starts in DX12 mode via the above steps, Cheat Engine value switch to 2 does not seem to enable S3D option in-game

I poked around that Cheat Engine editor to try to find the right address for the setting but to no avail. If someone could describe how to obtain that address then I should be able to find it myself, set it to 2 and see if it turns on 3DV in DX12.

I'm on Windows 10 1909, i5 2500k, RTX2060

Any tips?
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Obveron
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Obveron »

Is this guide just to get 3d vision frame interleave? it's not for people interested in side-by-side for 3DTVs? I ask because my game already has side-by-side option available to choose (which is what I want). So I'm not sure if the information in this thread is meant for me.

The issue I have that if I have 3d enabled in the Nvidia control panel. The game renders completely garbage. Even if I don't select 3d in the game, it still looks garbage in 2d, in DX12 or DX11 all the models are blurry and distorted. If I disable 3d in the nvidia control panel, the game looks great, but ofcourse no 3d side-by-side option.

Edit: I discovered that if I press Ctrl-T to turn off Nvidia 3d, the rendering looks correct. I can then turn on SbS mode in-game, and it looks fantastic. Only problem is framerate is really bad. like opening scene walking around in the mexican outdoor party, I'm getting like 20fps. this in with DX12 at 1080p SbS on 9700k with 2060super.
Last edited by Obveron on Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obveron
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Obveron »

double post sorry
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

WickedScav wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:02 am Couldn't get the Start3D tool to work properly (it starts, runs in the background but does nothing) but SotTR DX12-3DV works perfectly with the Cheat Engine instructions!

Amazing work guys! I can't believe how perfect and smooth 3DVision runs with this game in DX12, makes you wonder why the devs disabled DX12-3DV in the first place, couldn't find any problems. Happy to have waited so long, to finally be play SotTR the way it's was meant to be played :)
May I ask your driver version, windows version and game version? For the love of God, I cannot get this to work. Cheat engine, when i set the value to 1, triggers the side-by-side mode in the game, so it's like it finds the right memory spot, but I just can't get it to the "On" option when i set the value to 2 :(
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Obveron wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:22 am Is this guide just to get 3d vision frame interleave? it's not for people interested in side-by-side for 3DTVs? I ask because my game already has side-by-side option available to choose (which is what I want). So I'm not sure if the information in this thread is meant for me.

The issue I have that if I have 3d enabled in the Nvidia control panel. The game renders completely garbage. Even if I don't select 3d in the game, it still looks garbage in 2d, in DX12 or DX11 all the models are blurry and distorted. If I disable 3d in the nvidia control panel, the game looks great, but ofcourse no 3d side-by-side option.

Edit: I discovered that if I press Ctrl-T to turn off Nvidia 3d, the rendering looks correct. I can then turn on SbS mode in-game, and it looks fantastic. Only problem is framerate is really bad. like opening scene walking around in the mexican outdoor party, I'm getting like 20fps. this in with DX12 at 1080p SbS on 9700k with 2060super.
yes, it is for "true" 3D Vision fix. side-by-side is available by default
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Obveron wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:22 am

It used to be that a PC restart was required to fully turn off all the background processes required by Nvidia's stereoscopic drivers. I've no idea, if this is still the case with newer drivers.
So I'd recommend disabling 3D in the control panel, then restart your PC to see if it might help.
Obveron
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Obveron »

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Is anyone able to run this fix on AMD Ryzen 3600X?
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

OMG, I fixed it! Or at least I found a workaround to get it to work. Here're the steps in case someone else is running into the issues I described:

1. My game was crashing when I executed it via 3D Fix Manager or even "manually" in windowed mode (DX12 mode) - the black screen would show up for a second and then just crash.
2. The key to fixing this crash was disabling 3D Vision in nVidia Control Panel. Then, I launch the game manually in fullscreen, DX12 mode. The game launches in 2D with no issues.
3. Now, alt+tab and enable 3D Vision back in nVidia CP.
4. Apply the CheatEngine steps described in the original post (post has changed but you can watch https://youtu.be/SMAHaIrfGvw?t=38)
5. Now, at this point, the CheatEngine hack is working but for some reason the emitter doesn't start in the game. So I tricked it into starting, by simply running the 3D Viewer (easy way is to just click on the screenshot of the game page in 3D Fix Manager, which will launch the viewer and turn on 3D Vision).
6. Alt+tab to the game and voila!

This is with the latest version of the game (298_0x64), 452.06 nV drivers, Win10 1909, Ryzen 3600X + 2060.
I have no idea why the game crashes for me but I see Helifax also reporting the crash above, so something's going on. But it worked for me and I'm glad I held off on playing in DX11 because the DX12 performance is 54FPS avg in the benchmark and with everything almost maxed out (1080p). It looks simply incredible, there are no words to describe how gorgeous this game is in 3DV and I've just seen the benchmark and a bit of the town at the beginning.

Thank you very much TimFx7 for this memory hack!!!
Last edited by Lysander on Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Lysander wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:53 pm OMG, I fixed it! Or at least I found a workaround to get it to work. Here're the steps in case someone else is running into the issues I described:

1. My game was crashing when I executed it via 3D Fix Manager or even "manually" in windowed mode (DX12 mode) - the black screen would show up for a second and then just crash.
2. The key to fixing this crash was disabling 3D Vision in nVidia Control Panel. Then, I launch the game manually in fullscreen, DX12 mode. The game launches in 2D with no issues.
4. Apply the CheatEngine steps described in the original post.
5. Now, at this point, the CheatEngine hack is working but for some reason the emitter doesn't start in the game. So I tricked it into starting, by simply running the 3D Viewer (easy way is to just click on the screenshot of the game page in 3D Fix Manager, which will launch the viewer and turn on 3D Vision).

This is with the latest version of the game (298_0x64), 452.06 nV drivers, Win10 1909, Ryzen 3600X + 2060.
I have no idea why the game crashes for me but I see Helifax also reporting the crash above, so something's going on. But it worked for me and I'm glad I held off on playing in DX11 because the DX12 performance is 54FPS avg in the benchmark and with everything almost maxed out (1080p). It looks simply incredible, there are no words to describe how gorgeous this game is in 3DV and I've just seen the benchmark and a bit of the town at the beginning.

Thanks for this great feedback.it seems that these problems are related to a mysterious windows 10 configuration. It's great that you have found a solution. I hope this method works in everyone's system. I have been using the Windows10 (2004) version for the past few months. The same problem is happening on my system now. While using 1809 and 1909 before, I did not experience this problem. Some users experienced this situation in different versions, we don't know why.

The first time I got a successful feedback from a user whose CPU has 6 cores. CPUs with more than 4 cores must use the "cheat engine" method. I'm out of town here. On my own system using Windows 10 (2004) when I get home, I'll try the method you mentioned.

I share your solution as a link on the first page thanks.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

TimFx7 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:37 pm
Lysander wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:53 pm OMG, I fixed it! Or at least I found a workaround to get it to work. Here're the steps in case someone else is running into the issues I described:

4. Apply the CheatEngine steps described in the original post.

Thanks for this great feedback.it seems that these problems are related to a mysterious windows 10 configuration. It's great that you have found a solution. I hope this method works in everyone's system. I have been using the Windows10 (2004) version for the past few months. The same problem is happening on my system now. While using 1809 and 1909 before, I did not experience this problem. Some users experienced this situation in different versions, we don't know why.

The first time I got a successful feedback from a user whose CPU has 6 cores. CPUs with more than 4 cores must use the "cheat engine" method. I'm out of town here. On my own system using Windows 10 (2004) when I get home, I'll try the method you mentioned.

I share your solution as a link on the first page thanks.
Fantastic, I hope it works for you and helps some other people - this game is just stunning in 3D, I can't get over it :D
Baker1212
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Baker1212 »

3d comes on, game runs with no crashes, 3d glasses active BUT the rendering is all wrong. L and R eye seeing different images etc. not playable.

windows 1909, nv 452.06, build 298_0x64, GTX 1080. Intel 5960x

I used 3d fix manager to install driver and activate 3d. Works for other games but not in DX 12 SOTTR, Run the game from 3dfix manager dx12 profile.
TimFx7
Cross Eyed!

Post by TimFx7 »

Baker1212 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:58 pm 3d comes on, game runs with no crashes, 3d glasses active BUT the rendering is all wrong. L and R eye seeing different images etc. not playable.

I used 3d fix manager to install driver and activate 3d. Works for other games but not in DX 12 SOTTR, Run the game from 3dfix manager dx12 profile.
Did you try the Cheat Engine method described on the first page ? (your processor is 8 core, you sould use this method) ;)
Pauldusler
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Pauldusler »

Has someone made SOTTR DX12 successfully work with any RTX 2000 series card?

When I switched from GTX 1080 to 2080 I got a crash to desktop on game start.

My theory is that DX12 3D doesn't work on RTX 2000 cards in general any more. ROTTR also does not work in DX12 any more. Tested on RTX 2080S, 452.06 driver, Win10 20H2.
Because interestingly the game crashes for Masterotaku, Helifax and me - we are all on RTX 2000 series cards. And when reading through the posts here only people with RTX 1000 series cards confirmed it working.

EDIT: Oh I just read the crash fix post by Lysander who is also on a RTX 2000 series card. I'll test that.
Baker1212
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Baker1212 »

TimFx7 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:19 pm
Baker1212 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:58 pm 3d comes on, game runs with no crashes, 3d glasses active BUT the rendering is all wrong. L and R eye seeing different images etc. not playable.

Did you try the Cheat Engine method described on the first page ? (your processor is 8 core, you sould use this method) ;)

I have not tried this. I watched the video, start the game from 3dfixmanger in dx12 profile, start cheat engine and load .CT file?
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Baker1212 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:14 pm
TimFx7 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:19 pm

I have not tried this. I watched the video, start the game from 3dfixmanger in dx12 profile, start cheat engine and load .CT file?
you don't have to start from 3dfm but yeah, trhat's pretty much it

you can also try these steps: viewtopic.php?p=173252#p173252
Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tullebob »

Hmm, interesting that the DHR fix for Dishonored 2 works better. Are there any significant downsides to using the DHR fix compared to the Masterotaku fix visually or otherwise? will play through dishonored 2 soon :)
3D Vision rig -> 8700k oc 4.9, asus rog 2080ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz ram, Win 7 running driver 425.31 on SSD1, Win 10 running driver 452.06 on SSD2, Win 10 running latest Nvidia driver for Vulkan3dV and 2D gaming on SSD3, for 3d vision display: 1080p on VG248QE (and sometimes 1440p on PG278PR), Valve Index or Optoma UHD42 projector
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Tullebob wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:06 am Hmm, interesting that the DHR fix for Dishonored 2 works better. Are there any significant downsides to using the DHR fix compared to the Masterotaku fix visually or otherwise? will play through dishonored 2 soon :)
Trying to remember what I fixed over the DHR fix:
- Dynamic crosshair (I mention in the blog post how to disable this if it causes crashes for you).
- Realistic specular reflections.
- Perfect volumetric lighting.
- Stereoized many effects that were 2D.
- Fixed lighting clipping for the most part.
- Fixed moon lighting and some fog.
- Fixed some haloing problems.
- Better profile settings and a TextureOverride to fix depth of field.
- Fixed some effects related to dark vision.

Those things are important for me, at least.

If the old fix runs better for you it's probably because of the lower amount of regexes. The new ones are needed to fix many extra things and to stereoize specular reflections. But all this should only affect the initial load and compilation of shaders, not performance (aside from a bit extra GPU usage with dynamic crosshair enabled).

PS: why post this in a Tomb Raider thread?
Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lizzard »

I just want to share something with you guys that I haven't heard others mention before. So excuse my post if it has been discussed before. (Im not an eagle on these forums as i once was).

It will be something to look forward to for those who haven't come to the VR party yet. And for those already onboard there is a tip I just discovered going through the Cyberpunk YT VorpX VR videos. Something I've never thought about. The logic was formulated in my mind but the puzzle pieces missing.

When you render something in your HMD you want to give it a higher resolution than your HMD can handle. That way you give it as much quality as it can handle. From my little understanding this is what super sampling is in a nutshell. Which means minimum/no aliasing/screendoor. For that matter I've been using DSR this whole time. In SOTTR x4 to be specific at 60hz and half-refresh rate Vsync. This basically means 4k at 30fps/eye smoothed out. No stuttering. In VR, stuttering is far more worse than low frames, IMO. Cause I believe this is the Nr1 cause or influence of motion sickness. Many FPS + stuttering actually useless. So as long as the FPS are consistent a game will be playable. But more frames is what makes VR more polished and acceptable.

So this morning I got another mini heart attack when I deactivated DSR and started playing with CUSTOM resolutions and got a silky smooth experience at the best quality my O+ could handle. So instead of feeding my HMD 3840x2160 DSR I started feeding it a custom resolution of 2843x1600 which is its native pixels. 3840x2160p HSBS was quite better than 2560x1440p HSBS. And slightly better than 2560x1440p FSBS. Yes, it still doesn't use the full panel like you would in a VR optimized game. But there is hardly a quality difference between HSBS DSR 4k and custom HSBS 2843x1600. Which means the GPU isn't nearly as overloaded as with HSBS 4kDSR. Now im playing at 100hz half-resolution Vsync with minimum to no stuttering on DX12. Which means 50frames per eye in ultra settings on a gigantic virtual cinema! Currently, this is by far the best way you could enjoy SOTTR!!!! And I would go as far as to say any stereoscopic game.

Set out just to test this but got lost for 4 hours. I couldn't believe it!
Just keep in mind this is with the native SBS. No 3d vision in loop.

You guys struggling with this game and DX12, here is a good alternative. If you've ever wanted to try a 720p 3d projector I can say without a doubt that the Samsung O+ is much better. Instead of struggling to make your whole room dark you simply put a HMD on and it is pitch black. Also no lamps and higher electricity bill. You definitely see a difference on your electricity bill that's equal to 20$ every month when regularly using a PJ. From what I've heard the Vive Pro is just as good if not better with the lens mod. Just be thorough when searching for a HMD.

Custom resolutions are very interesting. Not all games works well with resolutions that aren't perfectly 16:9. So you need to multiply the vertical pixels of your choice with 1,777 to determine the horizontal pixels. Say for example if you use vertical 1800p you will multiply it with 1,777 to get 3199 horizontal. Just do it if you have an alternative monitor at hand to test. Countless times I ended up out of range where I had to kill my PC. Just be careful with the refresh rate. My screen could only handle 120/100/60. 90 seems to cause problems. Just be careful what ever you do. nVidia also warns that you could bust you monitor if you're not careful. Luckily nothing serious happened while i tried this. But i tried not to go to ridiculous numbers.
Custom res.png
I wanted to see if I could fill the entire panel on the HMD without making the virtual screen bigger. Ideally the ultimate would be to have your head tracking connected to another "camera" inside the game without altering the character's view. Your head tracking connected to the in game camera. But not like the one where your head tracking is connected to the crosshair like VorpX. I assume this would need to be game engine dependent.

Any one with links or more information please share.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Share our love for stereoscopic gaming in VR
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... /playlists :anaglyph
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... 5lw/videos :anaglyph
֍ Win 10:21H1 ֍ 251.48 ֍ RTX2080 ֍ i9 9900k ֍ Benq1070 ֍ Samsung S27A950D, Odyssey+ ֍ LG 49UF8509 ֍ FujifilmW3 ֍

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”