Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V3.60] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V1.18] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Post by whyme466 »

Your changes look great, Losti.

Unfortunately, it appears that the partial save I shared does NOT actually provide my game location. I do not recognize the area you shared in your screen captures (may be beyond my save location). I updated the Google drive information linked above with a screen shot of the location on the game map. This location is in the second fast travel area in the game.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V1.18] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Post by Losti »

Working on Version 2.0:

==> Ill call it 2.0 not 1.9 because i plan to fix many remaining annoing things like:

- 100 % volumetric fog fix (current one is approx. only and causes issues in some games and some angles of view
- vol fog motion sickness fix
- shadow/light motion sickness fix
- vol light motion sickness fix
- ssr motion sickness fix (much better than the current workarround-fix that you can enable
- NEW additional reflection RegEx found in 2 games
- new clipping fix

There is no ETA, it will take a bunch of hrs to make this and i will update the things only if i am finished up with the current most remaining problems in some games left! :woot :woot :woot :woot
for3donly
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V1.181] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Post by for3donly »

Hey Losti, just sent a little something via paypal as a small token of my appreciation for your contribution to 3d vision community. wow. i admire your love for 3d vision and the incredible amount of time and energy you put in. cheers.
Losti

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V1.181] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Post by Losti »

Tank you mate. I really appreciate your kind words. ;-)
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

A ton of cool stuff coming, thanks Losti for your hard work.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Losti

Post by Losti »

whyme466 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:17 am Your changes look great, Losti.

Unfortunately, it appears that the partial save I shared does NOT actually provide my game location. I do not recognize the area you shared in your screen captures (may be beyond my save location). I updated the Google drive information linked above with a screen shot of the location on the game map. This location is in the second fast travel area in the game.
Would you be so kind to provide a savegamein which i can see your issue? I do not have played the game and i donw know how to handle/stravel and so on, so please give me a savegame that shows the issue or a savegame AND a DETAILED description how to reach the corrupt things, inclucing keys for actions i need. I do not have time to find out those things, Thanks!!! If i can see and track your issue i may be able to add a fix in the next version here. But i dont have the time to search for!
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

I have included full (compressed) save file at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 3KmzfSn6ND. This save should be next to phone booth and cluster of trees with transparent ground textures.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Perfect Thanks. Ill have a look later.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Using V1.181 with Song of Horror. So far (mid Chapter 1), the rendering has been perfect (minor issue with map screen)! However, I had a SIGNIFICANT performance problem (dropped from nominal 30-40 fps to around 10 fps), but only at house exterior during beginning of Prologue. On the first modded game execution, the game (shader processing) took around 5 minutes - longer than other games - with little task visibility, even in Task Manager window. Thanks for your superb work on the continuing evolution of this incredible UE4 fix, Losti...
Losti

Post by Losti »

whyme466 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:42 am Using V1.181 with Song of Horror. So far (mid Chapter 1), the rendering has been perfect (minor issue with map screen)! However, I had a SIGNIFICANT performance problem (dropped from nominal 30-40 fps to around 10 fps), but only at house exterior during beginning of Prologue. On the first modded game execution, the game (shader processing) took around 5 minutes - longer than other games - with little task visibility, even in Task Manager window. Thanks for your superb work on the continuing evolution of this incredible UE4 fix, Losti...
Please note the follwoing:

1. PLEASE!!!! READ THE FIX DESCRIPTIION!!!

Code: Select all

Performance
The UNREAL Engine 4 - Universal Fix 2 fixes broken effects with the help of Regular Expressions. Only this possibility, which the 3D-Migoto development team
has implemented some time ago, makes a universal correction possible in the first place. The Universal Fix 2 includes over 70 such regular expressions.
Since each shader is checked to see if a correction formula fits, there will inevitably be initial performance losses. This is especially the case with graphically
very expensive games that have thousands of shader files. Thanks to the shader cache function, this improves as the game progresses. The more shader corrections are saved,
the smoother the game becomes.

That means:
When the game starts for the first time, it can lead to increased loading times and longer phases with a black screen, you may need to wait up to 15 min if you run the
game for the first time! Even if the OSD shaders are cached, it also happens to me that some of it was recreated even without any changes in the HLSL files for some games,
may be because of driver change, may be because of other things, THIS takes MINUTES, i cant tell you how many but i think it's CPU dependend. I am using a core I9
(9th generation), so if you have lower CPU it may takes even longer! If this recaching happens, the following happens: You start the game and it obviousely will not load,
it seems to run in the background! WAIT, get a smoke, drink a beer, whatever you want to do but JUST WAIT! The game will start! If it crashes, just start it again, the cached
shaders wont be cached again, you may have to start the game a second or a third time if it crashes while caching OSD shaders.

2. New territory, level or game sections may initially suffer from stuttering and frozen image,
             give the tool the time to make the necessary corrections and cache shaders
- Auto Convergence will kill up to 10 % of performance (fps)
- Auto Depth-HUD will kill another 10 % of performance (fps)
----You can skip this features with "UE4-UF2-Configuration Tool"!!!
2. The HUGE performance impact can have 2 sources:
- 1. 3D
- 2. The FIX
==> You have excluded the first option by trying the game in 2D, thats good! Thank you!
==> You should disable the 3D-Fix and check performance again to ensure its not a problem of the FIX ==> Rename d3d11.dll to anything and start the game, this disables 3D-Migoto/fix. Check performance and report back.
==> If performance you notice is not related to shader chaching and will not change by playing the game a bit and is ONLY present with THIS universal fix, than you have no chance here until a shader hacker will make an individual fix for this one because may be huge extense use of Regex or some formula will kill performance. In this case thats a disadvantage of an universal fix. :woot
Losti

Post by Losti »

whyme466 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:31 pm I have included full (compressed) save file at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 3KmzfSn6ND. This save should be next to phone booth and cluster of trees with transparent ground textures.
This transparency thing is an individual fault i have never seen before and that i cannot prevent in the universal fix until i remove the HUD fix :-)

The strange thing here:
- its related to a HUD fix VS-shader that is very often included in games fro HUD elements. The sahder in WHV is the same as the shader in the universal fix but: It seems NOT draw HUD elements or it draws HUD elements i cannot see.
- if the HUD fixed shader is active, you have the transparency effect BUT: If you disable the sahder fix and press F10 or delete the sahder and the cached files, the transparency effect still remains. (May be a NV shader cache thing)
- You CANNOT hunt this shader effect, it does obviousely not change anything if enabled or disabled BUT its responsible for the transparency effect.

This means for me:
- if you have tried the universal fix tool and removed the HUD fix with it, you have solved this problem but you have HUD at screen depth and i understand that fixing THIS issue is fare away from beeing expected that a HUD shader is responsible BUT:
- i will add some note to the new version of the fix if i update the blog post that in case of troubles its seldom but may HUD fix disable will help to track down...AND i will than add a description how to identify the shader that is responsible....even if i know that nearly now one will give it a try .... äh... im a bit of a pesimist ^^

This means for you in the case of WHF:
- remove 77726e8bd1ae632c-vs_replace.txt from the ShaderFix folder for this game
- also remove 77726e8bd1ae632c-vs_replace.bin from the ShaderFix folder for this game (if its present that should if you have started the game once)

Than the transparency should be gone. Please do this BEFORE starting the game.

==> If you can wait a bit with this game, the new UE4-UF2 version i am working on will also include some new fixes for issues the current version has for WHF. BUT: The new fix version will NOT remove the tranparency effect for this game, this is as descriped a thing you have to do manually ^^

Cheers!

:woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Losti wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:17 am- its related to a HUD fix VS-shader that is very often included in games fro HUD elements. The sahder in WHV is the same as the shader in the universal fix but: It seems NOT draw HUD elements or it draws HUD elements i cannot see.
- if the HUD fixed shader is active, you have the transparency effect BUT: If you disable the sahder fix and press F10 or delete the sahder and the cached files, the transparency effect still remains. (May be a NV shader cache thing)
- You CANNOT hunt this shader effect, it does obviousely not change anything if enabled or disabled BUT its responsible for the transparency effect.
For transparency effects, try using the marking_mode=pink mode instead. That changes the output to bright pink and is there to help find effects like this that don't change the screen when disabled.
Losti

Post by Losti »

bo3bber wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:15 am For transparency effects, try using the marking_mode=pink mode instead. That changes the output to bright pink and is there to help find effects like this that don't change the screen when disabled.
Hey Bob, i know about the different hunting options, i have checked them all. As soon as the shader is modded no hunting option will indicated its failture. This is strange as i wrote even if i remove it and press F10 the transparency is present. We need to restart the game here. But no big issue, if i know this and its one game of many having this effect, ill add a note to the blog for V 2.0

This are the current changelogs, i am at vacation the next week, so i think the release is after this, i want to try to fix the motion sickness for Dyn.Light and Reflectiosn to perfect. Have spend many hrs here ... no success.... but may be with a clear mind and new ideas. Annyway the new version will be a big improvement ^^

viewtopic.php?p=171416#p171416
Last edited by Losti on Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Good job Losti !
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

So I just got a chance to use the Config Tool for the first time on Ashen. Usually I like to do things manually in d3dx.ini just because its good for me to learn my way around 3Dmigoto, but this tool is really really cool. Easy peasy, hunted pixel shader and your tool fixed it - no more eye sore :D

Great Job Losti!!!

oh, also wanted to mention since I saw someone asking about it on the Helixblog comments - SBS/TaB does not work by uncommenting:
;include = ShaderFixes\3dvision2sbs.ini

The lines to set the global constant for output type are missing in the ini. I just set it in the 3dvision2sbs.ini file personally when using the universal fix (but I could see users getting confused why its not working), ex: global persist $mode = 5
Losti

Post by Losti »

3D Mode settings are also included in the config tool. Hab you test it without your additions just for me to know that its working?
Losti

Post by Losti »

@whyme466
What about your We Happy Few problem and my suggestion??

I am still working on version 2.0 for the UE4-UF2, great progress here!!!

Current unsorted changelogs:

- disable AutoConvergence will set convergence to default and will not let remain the last active auto convergence (Convergence 125)
- added more convergences for minimal and maximal auto convergence (min up to 730 and max up to 1480)
- fixed a saving bug for the horizon fix
- changes for mouse depth will now be saved (by F10 or game quit)
- additional mouse depth settings are now displayed in the OSD as well as green overlay message (LCTRL + *)
- enable or disable state for auto depth HUD will now be saved (by F10 or game quit)
- OSD overhaul for arrangement and additional information including new changes and additions
- added maximum depth adjustment for HUD elements if auto depth Hud is enabled to slightly adjust the max depth of the middle Hud/crosshair (ALT + *), settings will be saved by F10 or game quit
- KEY CHANGE: NUMPAD MULTIPLY will now only work with LCTRL or ALT combination for adjust maximum auto depth or mouse depth adjustment
- 100 % accurate volumetric fog fix, current one was only approx; PS: (The Sinking City VolFog is still not fixed ^^)
- SSR velocity/motion sickness soft fix that is cool except in fast motion, enabled by default
- additional SSR velocity/motion sickness fix, (light flickering in motion, really minor!), but you can disable it in case of trouble or choose the soft fix version)
- 100 % fix for motion sickness of shadows or ambient occlusion/lights (except in fast motion and fast FOV change, MINOR ISSUE)
- additional fix for clipping, still unfixed is some static clipping like you can see in some scenes in Draugen, Spyro, Corruption 2029, Sirens Call ....
- fixed some values for some HUD elements that where not equal to others (you may not notice that, is was game depended)
- added green overlay message for convergence presets
- added negative HUD depth to HUD preset key
- further improved "config folder search" to install AA/AO improvements by the script
- fixes for AA/AO installation in some special causes
- AutoConvergence compatibility mode is now only available if auto convergence is enabled
- speedup for config tool
- 3D-Migoto Loader Script fixed if you start it NOT via config tool
- if more than one game executable is present and you have to choose, your choice is beeing saved now
- The game config and save folder is now beeing displayed in the main menu, if found
- config tool can now be started from every cmd script from UE4-UF2, you cannot choose the wrong file to start config tool anymore
- uninstall.bat updated for complete clean uninstall
- AutoConvergence compatibility highly improved, working now for nearly every game, if not, enable compatibility mode in config tool (Trouble shooting section 7/5/3)
- main halo shader from DHR improved to fix every main halo, no more independend from the drivers stereo correction (example: this will fix Man of Medan HALO that was skipped before and was in the need of some hands on of a shader hacker)
- near 100 % motion sickness fix for dynamic lights (Soft Fix enabled by default)
- additional dynamic light motion sickness workaround fix, causes minor flickering while in motion thats much better than motion sickness, but in some games its really noticeable, so it’s up to you to enable or keep disabled, that’s game depended
- 100 % fix for SSR at side of the screen, enabled by default
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

@Losti - sorry for not responding about your suggestion (waiting for new release and missed the part where you said this change still must be made manually). Removing the two shaders fixed the transparency problem - great work!
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

What a huge change log, great work Losti
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

*never mind, I won't be a necromancer here.....*
Losti

Post by Losti »

Necropants wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:43 pm *never mind, I won't be a necromancer here.....*
?
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

as you were soldier, I was going to ask something and I worked it out. Thanks for your work. =)
Losti

Post by Losti »

Just ask, i wont kill anybody:-)
Losti

Post by Losti »

Progress so far added to the latest change logs from above:

- new very unique Decal fix, ASM translation of the HLSL fix i have discovered by DJ-RK, THANK YOU MATE!!!
- removed the decal/effect fix options from the troubleshooting section of the in game options because i have fixed this universal now, means Assetto Corsa Capprizone behavior is now universually beeing fixed, you also dont need to declair your resolution in the d3dx.ini anymore
- quick trouble shooting guide will be added to quickly try the most relevant changes of things to get a game working of its not wroking out of the FIX-BOX
- added RegEx for skipping wrong catched Object shaders that causes transparency textures in several games.

STILL IN WORK on V 2.00 ^^
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

wow, very cool. update V2.00 is gonna be a doozy! :mrgreen:
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Totally awesome 😎
Losti

Post by Losti »

I think i need another 2 or 3 Weeks of work to finish this up. Version 2.0 should be the best I can achieve those times to create an universal fix for UE4 t hats nearly perfectly working for as much as games as possible. Every new thing needs a checkup of over 30 games to ensure it will work universal, thats what the time raises extensiliy to present new things .

Things achieved from the last post until today:

- an error was fixed in a decal RegEx
- correction for an error found in some Decal RegEx added
- overhaul of the EFFECT RegEx to match more speciffic, more performance for games having EFFECT RegEx (+10 % compared to V 1.181 for games using this)
- automatic choose of the right inverse custom shader for effect RegEx and old DHR decal RegEx, troubleshooting entry removed from config tool, no need anymore
- no choose of the correct CB-custom HLSL shader needed anmyore for games having effect RegEx, it will be done automatically by adding speciffic RegEx
- approx. +10 % FPS compared to Version 1.181 due to skip false pos object shaders (if game has extense use of it!)

Currently in creation:
- new config tool main screen, very easy to run the game with 4 possible options, you dont need to sort out possible options for your own anymore to get things working, new easy to handle sub menu for further options to fix a game withing a view "clicks" if standard starting options will not work.

Cheers!
Losti

Post by Losti »

The Fix blog is down until i have updated this to V2.00

ETA: 30.06.2020
Losti

Post by Losti »

New since this post: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:21 pm

ETA is moved 2 weeks into the future because of some trouble with my LTE i have lost 2 days @ he weekend fixing this....

- new config tool main screen, very easy to run the game with 4 possible options, you dont need to sort out possible options for your own anymore, most reliable options to fix also available
- Effect Reg ex overhaul, this is not usinng CB custom shader inverse, save MUCH PERFORMANCE, see ACC, if game uses EFFECT RegEx, also made this as much matching as i can not catching so many false pos as before
- improved performance due to RegEx optimization (max +1 %)
- removed approx. fix option for Sun/Horizon Light because its 100 % fixed now!
- alternative depth buffer scale mode to skip catching near screen HUD (example is Outer Worlds and Dungeon Defenders Awakened that was catching depth buffer for near objects)
- stars-skybox fix added

Need to test over 40 games now, and write the post, but i am busy the next week ^^
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

@Losti: Please don't take down the web page before you are ready. This can prevent people from making progress on games, or testing things in the interim, and as you know it's extremely hard to predict when you'll be done. Best practice is to put up a coming soon- but leave the old links up for people who need them.

Right now the Steam sale is in full swing for example, and people could be trying your awesome UE4 universal to see if something works. As always- thank you for the awesome work here.

Previous link:
https://losti.s3.amazonaws.com/UNREAL_E ... V1.181.zip
Losti

Post by Losti »

bo3bber wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:23 pm @Losti: Please don't take down the web page before you are ready. This can prevent people from making progress on games, or testing things in the interim, and as you know it's extremely hard to predict when you'll be done. Best practice is to put up a coming soon- but leave the old links up for people who need them.

Right now the Steam sale is in full swing for example, and people could be trying your awesome UE4 universal to see if something works. As always- thank you for the awesome work here.

Previous link:
https://losti.s3.amazonaws.com/UNREAL_E ... V1.181.zip
Yeah it was a bit full of bad not planed happenings the last week and i made a mistake with the post saving this as it was empty. And back copy from my word document kills the style :-( So ist better to so like you suggest.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Ill finish up the last things tomorrow and check over 60 games, if nothing went wrong ill release the fix version 2.0 on 11.07.2020

THIS is a loving huge improvement compared to V.1.181 and I HOPE you will appreciate this.

Not tracked the work for creating V 1.181 but from this one to 2.0.......... it was loving 300+ Hrs of work...........Great events cast their shadows ahead...............hopefully.....................
Losti

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V2.0] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Post by Losti »

Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V2.0] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Post by Chtiblue »

Greeeaaaattt!
Thanks Losti

Awesome work and great explanations Losti 8)
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Nice man. I hope you get to enjoy a nice break after all the hard work. You've deserved it!
Losti

Post by Losti »

DJ-RK wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:53 pm Nice man. I hope you get to enjoy a nice break after all the hard work. You've deserved it!
Yeah! ME TOO :woot
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

Great work, Losti! Thank You!
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

Thanks and a big hello

harisukro
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by harisukro »

Huge thanks for this super work!
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Awesome work, you have become one with the UE4 engine :D

I have a couple of games that would benefit specifically from some of your new features, will report back how testing goes. very cool stuff!

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”