Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V3.60] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V1.

Post by Chtiblue »

Awesome work you made Losti with this UE4 Universal fix, thanks a lot!
harisukro
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V1.

Post by harisukro »

Thanks for all hard work Losti, you are now in Hall of Fame of this :shutter community, and maybe your passion will bring you back. BTW the fix look like Turbo Pascal with Dos Box.

Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V1.152]

Post by Losti »

BETA TESTING STAGE REACHED.....for the new config tool......
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

Very cool work you have done. I have been testing it with various demos, working great. I have not bought a UE4 game in a while, but I know there are several in development that I am looking forward to when they release. This universal fix is a gift that will keep on giving, so thanks for all the hard work!
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Nice to here it's progressing well Losti, good job.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
oneofthe8devilz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by oneofthe8devilz »

Hey folks... I would like to bring your attention to something I just recently noticed...

With the introduction of UE4 (version 4.23.1) and also the current version (version 4.24.3) the "Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine 3Dmigito Universal fix" has problems rendering "Screen Space Reflections" in S3D properly.

Now these two latest versions of Unreal Engine 4 introduced RayTraced Rendering and even though I was S3D testing under Directx 11 with disabled Raytracing the screenspace reflection rendering issues occur.

The Unreal Engine 4 version previous to those latest two releases (namely version 4.22.3 which did not yet have raytracing capabilites implemented) renders the "screenspace reflections" properly in S3D with the "Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine 3Dmigito Universal fix".

I have attached two 3D screenshots showcasing the problem comparing "version 4.22.3" with "version 4.24.3":

Properly rendered ScreenSpaceReflections in S3D with "version 4.22.3":
https://ibb.co/yNvL8Qh

Improperly/Bugged rendered ScreenSpaceReflections in S3D with "version 4.24.3":
https://ibb.co/T4xStnV

I think this might be worth investigating since soon games using these new UE4 versions will release...

Thanks for your attention.
I got six little friends and they all run faster than you ;)

Check out our mods at
moddb or the SPS Homepage
Losti

Post by Losti »

IF there is a game using this new engine version just let me know ^^
Losti

Post by Losti »

I deeply apologize to you for delaying the release of version 1.16. I have forgotten a function that I am currently installing so that I can then carry out final tests. Version 1.16 will probably not be released until the weekend. Until then, the current Helix Mod blog will remain empty for the time being. I try to make this as safe and simple as possible and to incorporate as much DAU-ERROR-HANDLING as possible so that countless UPDATES do not have to be done again after the release. I therefore ask for a little patience. It is for your and my best :-)
Blacksmith60
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Ofc np at all, we can't thank enough for keeping this invaluable tool alive!
Losti

Post by Losti »

The current tool is over 1 MB RAW-data in batch lines (0.8 MB for the main script) ..... i am a bit crazy i think ... may be .... :)

Its a bit more to read but its up to you ... JUST READ ^^ hints are provided to understand things and when to choose settings, this is the latest main screen:

TonyBirt
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by TonyBirt »

@Losti, this looks great :)
Losti

Post by Losti »

ITS DONE !!!!!

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/12/u ... fix-2.html

Near 1.000.000 SIGNS for the tool ...
OVER 11.000 LINES IN BATCH :-)
I AM STUPID ^^

CHEERS !!!

harisukro
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V1.16] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Post by harisukro »

Thanks for this Uber work and Happy Easter!
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V1.16] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Post by Chtiblue »

harisukro wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:35 pm Thanks for this Uber work and Happy Easter!
+1 Thanks Losti!!!
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Amazing job Losti, this is an incredible legacy if you finally decide to go, thanks a lot!
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

Great work Losti! I see you fixed Gravel also. I totally forgot the game so I never got to try the fix with it, but great that it works now!

Edit: Now I read that fix description better and I see that it still has that same problem with horizon.
Losti

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V1.17] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Post by Losti »

Update is @ the blog, i do not have given the fix a new release number, its a hard work to do this for all the OSD files ^^

JUSt redownload UNREAL Engine 4 – Universal Fix 2 - V 1.17 - (Update 13.04.2020)
Losti

Post by Losti »

Vaeltaja wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:06 pm Edit: Now I read that fix description better and I see that it still has that same problem with horizon.
As you can read, you need to skip the draw of the shader for the horizon, but this will make the horizon dark. WRONG OR APPROX. FIXED --- ITS UP TO YOU TO DECIDE!!! .... YOU CAN HUNT AND DISABLE it with the UE4-UF2 CFG tool. Believe me, any success will make you stronger!!! This kind of shader hacking is the basic.

The shader you need to disable is d4cbc2c3d8bc0867-vs.txt ^^

Only a hint, nothing more - LEARN !!! - Corona may kill all of us "joke" --- But please i bag you to learn the basics, may some of you will be fixed up to start shader hacking!!!!!
Last edited by Losti on Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V1.17] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Post by Vaeltaja »

@Losti: I think I should have written more specific: When we discussed about Gravel few months ago I had made a fix for it with old Unreal Universal Fix that removed the horizon and made it dark. I even told you about it when I asked if there's anything to do about it. But because there was no solution to that dark horizon I just forgot the whole game.

Now I just saw the Gravel mentioned in the first page of Helixmod so I thought that dark horizon was fixed, but I didn't read the post so precisely, so it was my mistake. I know how to disable effects, no need to get personal.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Vaeltaja wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:46 pm @Losti: I think I should have written more specific: When we discussed about Gravel few months ago I had made a fix for it with old Unreal Universal Fix that removed the horizon and made it dark. I even told you about it when I asked if there's anything to do about it. But because there was no solution to that dark horizon I just forgot the whole game.

Now I just saw the Gravel mentioned in the first page of Helixmod so I thought that dark horizon was fixed, but I didn't read the post so precisely, so it was my mistake. I know how to disable effects, no need to get personal.
Yeah sorry for that!

Just pickes up Gravel to have a look for the things with the reflection there and found a new pattern for reflection RegEx and added this to the UE4-UF2 finally.

Also found some confirmation that the horizon and aun fix i have made for some other games is working with V 1.17.

The "Releases" or lets say the announcements that games are firxed @ the blog from yesterday where games i have checked for the new updated fix or used for develomnment. I am lucky that Gravel gave that Input finall yesterday ^^ :woot

Finding the Soul Orb has a water reflection that is NOT cougth by a RegEx for the Special Reflection and i fixed this in CS .... but this is not the way i want to go with. I think i will have some further investigation on this shader as a last Thing thats left and bother me and blocks me from playing ORI with a free mind :-) :woot

PS: I dont know if there is a fix for the White Horizon because ist a texture that is dwan ober the Scene, ist depth is correct with V 1.17 but the overlay still exists. Ill ask Masterotaku if he know such Kind of Problem. The Problem is not inside the shader itselfe.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Thanks for this update, Losti!

Note that Ashen and We Happy Few still have some invisible/transparent ground textures, even with this update. These transparent texture areas make both of these games unplayable in certain areas. The unfixed 2D version of each game has no transparent textures.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Losti

Post by Losti »

whyme466 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:17 am Thanks for this update, Losti!

Note that Ashen and We Happy Few still have some invisible/transparent ground textures, even with this update. These transparent texture areas make both of these games unplayable in certain areas. The unfixed 2D version of each game has no transparent textures.
Have you checked all the trouble shooting options you got and have you tried to find a shader that may causes this ?

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=24912
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Yes, I checked troubleshooting options, but I am not sure where to begin. Invisible textures are not really decal, lighting, or shadow problem.

I have attached my Ashen save file for the Gnaw area - this is the easiest way to consistently see the issue (missing textures surround the save point). We Happy Few requires more movement from its save location.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Losti

Post by Losti »

whyme466 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:51 am Yes, I checked troubleshooting options, but I am not sure where to begin. Invisible textures are not really decal, lighting, or shadow problem.

I have attached my Ashen save file for the Gnaw area - this is the easiest way to consistently see the issue (missing textures surround the save point). We Happy Few requires more movement from its save location.
Thank you, thats all i need. The problem, that i have often seen in other games not in this particular apperiance but in flimmering or some else is, that the shader was false positive catched by an object RegEx. To create a more individual RegEx for objects it needs a huge extense of time and testing. Many Object shaders are false pos fixed but in 90 % of the cases this will not have a negative effect. I have checked DHRs original fix and its the same. But find out more Speciffic RegEx is a no go here. SO i will try to extend the fix by a trouble shooting option that allows you to uninstall the fix from the shader after hunting, and i will offer easy way to hint as hunting option for this. I only saw this in some games for object shaders, means i will only implement this function for object shaders. Those are the most universal RegEx in this fix.
Losti

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V1.18] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Post by Losti »

UPDATE FOR THE UE4-UF2:

1.18 - MAJOR UPDATE

@ whyme466 you can NOW fix Ashen and may other games using the new trouble shooting option 7-6-2, NOTE: Repair shaders one by one using the tool V 1.18, its working!

GOOD LUCK !

Update is at the blog:

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/12/u ... fix-2.html
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V1.18] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Post by whyme466 »

Thanks for this very useful update, Losti. Sounds like we users might consider sharing these shader repairs in this forum, as well. I will look at Ashen soon.

Is it possible to add this type of trouble shooting option to some of your other fixes, like Beyond Two Souls and Control?

By the way, I have been trying to send you small donation via PayPal for the past 3 days. I am receiving an unknown type of error message that PayPal seems to be unable/unwilling to resolve (terrible tech support)…

Update: After using your new configuration tool to enable hunting to identify false fixed object shaders, pressing "1" and "2" on my numeric keypad do not appear to change anything. How long do I need to wait after each button press? When the script first starts, I receive a message stating v4.0.30319 of .NET framework is not installed, and is required for v3 of Windows PowerShell - but the command script seems to run. Note that I have frozen my OS, including .NET, at 1809 version, in order to use 425.31 driver. Unfortunately, my .NET version 4.8 has somehow become corrupted, and I cannot remove/repair it without rebuilding entire OS (for example, Profile Inspector no longer works on my system). Do you know what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.
Losti

Post by Losti »

You have found the problem by your own. You need powershell support without the config tool is useless. How you manage this to work is from my hands. If you have problems updating your system to new Framework you will not have any chance to get the tool working. It needs powershell working! Otherwhise non of the things in the tool works because powershell will do all the search and replace things here in it. No powershell means you are starting the tool and the game without any changes. Means no hunting enabled. Means you dont see any green overlay HUD for hunting. Means pressing numpad 1 and 2 as you noticed will do nothing .
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

After rebuilding my OS to fix my .NET problem, I was able to try 1.18’s new troubleshooting options with Ashen. I identified/removed a shader creating most of the invisible textures in the Gnaw area. Thanks for this excellent enhancement, Losti!
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

whyme466 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:57 pm After rebuilding my OS to fix my .NET problem, I was able to try 1.18’s new troubleshooting options with Ashen. I identified/removed a shader creating most of the invisible textures in the Gnaw area. Thanks for this excellent enhancement, Losti!
Nice, maybe once you finish the game and see that all is ok would you mind sharing the improved Ashen fix?
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Sorry, I did not write down shader name before the tool removed it (not sure if this information was used for anything else besides removal). This great new troubleshooting tool does not save a list of changes, so we need manually capture the changes during the debug session. I will be more methodical when looking at We Happy Few missing textures. Note that the troubleshooting tool is not difficult to run, just time consuming...

Update:
Ashen
Vagrant's Rest - 59602040f03917fa-ps.txt removed
Gnaw - a9e5abaca77d6c32-ps.txt removed
Gnaw - 4157ffdcb98b333b-ps.txt removed
Did not revisit any other areas, so other issues may exist.

We Happy Few
Same process did NOT identify shader creating invisible ground textures in some areas. Not sure if PS/VS hunting will help (is invisibility an effect?).
Last edited by whyme466 on Sun May 03, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Sometimes there are more than one Shader and you cant hunt it in parallel. So just Hunt one Shader that is responsible. Than restart and hunt again. Sometimes you need to move camera to see wrong effects or right one. Your savegame you gave me having 2 shaders to remove its fix but needs 2 times of hunting attemps after remove the fix from the first one.

Wellcome to Shader Hacking jungle. Some things are easy but Tracking down may be difficult. Its ab bit Time comsiming this trial and error, issnt it :-)

PS: simply sort your Shaderfixes folder by Date and write down the PS.txt shaders there. The UE4-UF2 only have vs-replace.txt by default. So any other and new Shader was modified or added by you.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Thanks for the clarification, Losti. Sorting easily shows all recently modified shaders, as well as provides an easy way for us to capture/document changes. Any thoughts about the We Happy Few issue?
Losti

Post by Losti »

whyme466 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 2:32 pm Thanks for the clarification, Losti. Sorting easily shows all recently modified shaders, as well as provides an easy way for us to capture/document changes. Any thoughts about the We Happy Few issue?
Not a wrong Shader?havnt tried the game. Any save games ? May i ill have a look....if the game is at the Blog.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

DHR provided the fix for the We Happy Few version on the blog. DHR's fix has the same invisible texture problem that V1.18 has; however, V1.18 supports 3840x2160 resolution, while DHR's version does NOT work correctly for 3840x2160.

I have attached partial save file my Slot0 save (which is more than 28 MBs). Save is located near Haute Cuisine in EEL PIE HOLM. If one looks at the grassy ground where the cluster of trees are located near the phone booth, the invisible textures are visible. Invisible textures also exist on some of the nearby cliff terrain by the water. Thanks again for the troubleshooting addition in V1.18 - it worked GREAT for Ashen!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Can you show me what you mean in a screenshot?

I found some reflection problems in this game, i was able to fix it. Seen in some other games but not really notices but in this one it was highly noticable. I will implement this fix in the next UE4-UF2 version 1.9
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

We Happy Few example (see GlimpseGame001 at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 3KmzfSn6ND, since this site will NOT allow .pns - or file renaming to .jpg)
Losti

Post by Losti »

Hm cannot see thosethings, can you give me a savegame to the lokation you have used in the screenshot? Strange game cant walk arround without getting attacked lol ^^ Or which savegame you gave me is the forest one ? cant find it. And i cant find any strange things near the cellphone in the grass/strees behind the bank i sit on.
Losti

Post by Losti »

Ref: UE4-UF2 Version 1.19 (work is in progress)

I have fixed the motion sickness for the reflections in We Happy Few and discovered some similarities to the motion sickness for VolLight and Motion Sickness reflections as well in other games .... i am currently checking the things and try to find an universal solution for this.... BUT if its working, THIS IS GREAT !!! Most remaining things left in many UE4 games!!! Hopefully i can manage it!!

Fixed Motion Sickness of Volumetric Lights for "The Outer Worlds" so far, fixed Motion Sickness Shadows and reflections for Draugen, We Happy Few, Remnant .... Games i have tired and they seems to follow the rules ^^ :woot

I Only need to compare and find a RegEx fix for that ... if i cant ... this would be useless for an universal fix ^^
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Thanks for looking, Losti. The saved game I provided previously is the closest to this spot, at base of trees near phone booth.
Losti

Post by Losti »

I cannot find your issue near the phone booth. If i click continue a save game will be loaded and i am sitting on a bench. thank right from me is a phone both and some ... "green plant things"

Image Image Image

Cant see any fault here.

May i am wrong in the lokation so can you guide me?

PS: The screens containing new reflection fix that will be introduces in V 1.19 i am currently working on. I have also a solution for SSR/light/shadow velocity motion sickness as well as for vol Vog and Vol Lights i currently checking and trying to make universal ^^

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”