Vk3DVision - A Vulkan 3D Vision Driver (With Single-Frame Stereo and RTX Support)

helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Vk3DVision - A Vulkan 3D Vision Wrapper

Post by helifax »

Losti wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:18 am
helifax wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:40 pm I know I've been a bit silent :oops: This doesn't mean I haven't made great progress :D

There are a few things that I want to iron-out and test & fix before I announce anything new :D

A bit off-topic, but it would help me with my testing!
Does any of the shadercrackers know a way on how to test if the coords in a vertex shaders are already stereorized?

For Example: I have VS X. It runs 1st time to render geometry, where I stereorize the coords. The same shader is then called again to render shadows. At this point the coords are already in stereo and I don't need to stereorize them.
Is there a way for me to detect if they are already in stereo? :geek:

Cheers,
Helifax
Its a bit hard for me to get how this works what you do because i dont know your Way to fix in Vulkan. In DX11 with migoto as you know you have saved the VS so its only once beeing modified by yourself ^^ So how do you do the stereorization the first time and why a second time for the same shader?

Just an idea not knowing what/how you exactly do things, may it works or is non sense ^^:

What about saving the cords to a temp register, than stereorize it and save result in a second tmp register.
If cords EQU tempregister2, than they are stereorized
If cords EQU tempregister1, than they are not stereorized

:woot
It's quite simple really:
- Game uses VS X for rendering geometry on Pass1. This needs stereo. -> Outputs and stores results to a buffer.
- Game uses same VS X for rendering shadows on Pass2. The coords are already Stereo as they are read from the buffer from Pass1. The coords don't need extra stereo here.

That's why I was looking in a way to see if they are stereo already ^_^. I haven't seen this behaviour before, well until know that is :) Detroit:Become Human does this.
I can already fix this, by using Unique Shaders created from the same Generic VS X. The downside is that I need to manually go and find them and not add the 2nd stereo correction. I was looking for a more programmatic way of doing it, possibly from the shader code, but I am not sure if it is possible ^_^

Cheers,
Helifax
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

helifax wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:40 pm I know I've been a bit silent :oops: This doesn't mean I haven't made great progress :D

There are a few things that I want to iron-out and test & fix before I announce anything new :D

Does any of the shadercrackers know a way on how to test if the coords in a vertex shaders are already stereorized?

For Example: I have VS X. It runs 1st time to render geometry, where I stereorize the coords. The same shader is then called again to render shadows. At this point the coords are already in stereo and I don't need to stereorize them.

Cheers,
Helifax
Ping DarkStarSword for sure. I don't think he visits these forums.

I'm not as up on hacking as others, but as far as I know there is no programmatic way to determine if a vertex has already been stereoized. Every shader fix that I've seen uses different sets of heuristics to decide whether to stereoize or not. And a lot depends upon what 3D Vision Automatic decided to do based on it's flag settings.

I think what I've seen is that people tweak 3D Vision Automatic with flags to get it as close as possible, then manually decide on a per shader basis on what is left broken.
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

bo3bber wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:34 pm

Cheers,
Helifax
Ping DarkStarSword for sure. I don't think he visits these forums.

I'm not as up on hacking as others, but as far as I know there is no programmatic way to determine if a vertex has already been stereoized. Every shader fix that I've seen uses different sets of heuristics to decide whether to stereoize or not. And a lot depends upon what 3D Vision Automatic decided to do based on it's flag settings.

I think what I've seen is that people tweak 3D Vision Automatic with flags to get it as close as possible, then manually decide on a per shader basis on what is left broken.
Hi,
Yeah, that is correct! I used to do the same thing :D (Rely on the Automatic Heuristic part to get it as close as possible and later fix the other aspects.)
Yes, I don't see a way to determine from "within" a shader if it is stereorised or not already! But luckily, I have my Unique Shaders approach which solves this issue, just a bit more time consuming and problematic in cutscenes, where things move SO FAST that you don't have the time to find the shader and fix it! ( :ugeek: However, I might have a fix for this :twisted: :ugeek: )

I know a lot of people are very familiar with 3D Vision Automatic in DX9/DX11 and ASM shaders (and less people are/were actually interested in my OpenGL to 3D Vision wrapper and GLSL/HLSL). The bottom line is we need to forget what 3D Vision Automatic does (as it relies on a bunch of "UNKNOWN" heuristics to do the decision for us -> Look at Mass Effect: Andromeda and how 3D Vision Automatic FAILS SPECTACULARLY there :( ) as Vulkan and DirectX12 renders a bit differently and requires a new "mindset" :mrgreen:
This time around, in Vulkan, like in OpenGL, we have full control on what we want to do (unlike 3D Vision Automatic - no more "hidden mysteries") :!:

Many thanks, I can definitely try to ping DarkStarSword! (I've been mostly absent from Discord for quite some time :oops:)

Cheers,
Helifax
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Project Update:

I started this "Projekt" officially on the 7th of June 2020 :!: (This doesn't count the time prototyping thing before this date!)

For the Past Month, I've basically dedicated all my free & spare time to this project (during week-days: working from 6:00 Pm up to 2:00 Am. Weekend days: working from 12:00 Pm up to 2:00 Am - just to give a clear scope an idea).
So, let's say on average that I worked 8 hours a day, each and every single day of the week, for the past month, on this project :shock: If we do simple maths : 8 x 30 = 240 hours poured into this project so far!. This is just ONE MONTH.
So, when everyone says that a project like this is A HUNDRED HOURS project (more like 1000x) is not lying! :lol:

Why am I saying this? For a few reasons:
- Most importantly, I always wanted to play Vulkan games in Stereoscopic3D (Detroit, RDR2, the 2x new Wolfenstein games, etc).
- I made the OGL3DVision wrapper for the same reason! I wanted to play "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic" (http://3dsurroundgaming.com/OpenGL3DVisionGames.html#S) in Stereoscopic3D - Sure, it took me some time to get there, but I got there eventually! Damn ARB SHADERS (and fixed rendering pipeline ^_^)! :shock:
- I don't do it for my Patreon Page (with only 6 subscribers and £50 a month + all the other PayPal donors - TO WHOM ALL, I SAY MANY THANKS, FOR TRUSTING IN ME & MY VISION) :!:
(I would actually charge much more per hour, than my monthly Patreon pledge ^_^, just for comparison).
- I love "alternative" modes of viewing things and Stereoscopic 3D - like Virtual Reality is ONE of them!
- Lastly, Because I CAN do it and I CAN SHARE IT :)
There is some of "old functionality" lacking at the present (which will be added later - like Regex, Key shortcuts, blah)!, but there are also new things that aren't seen before :!: :?: :idea: :mrgreen: :ugeek: :twisted: :woot

And it is this thing that prompts me to write this message!
I will be posting a quite a few more updates in the following days, on the NEW AWESOME things developed so far :twisted: :ugeek: :shutter

Cheers,
Helifax

thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

So awesome! Can't wait to experience what you are achieving!
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

helifax wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:47 pm - Lastly, Because I CAN do it and I CAN SHARE IT :)
I love the attitude and dedication, you are basically taking on two full time jobs now :shock: we are lucky you are still here and fighting the good cause! The progress reports are great, I am learning (broad strokes of course) about the whole process..
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

helifax wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:54 am
Losti wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:18 am

Cheers,
Helifax
Its a bit hard for me to get how this works what you do because i dont know your Way to fix in Vulkan. In DX11 with migoto as you know you have saved the VS so its only once beeing modified by yourself ^^ So how do you do the stereorization the first time and why a second time for the same shader?

Just an idea not knowing what/how you exactly do things, may it works or is non sense ^^:

What about saving the cords to a temp register, than stereorize it and save result in a second tmp register.
If cords EQU tempregister2, than they are stereorized
If cords EQU tempregister1, than they are not stereorized

It's quite simple really:
- Game uses VS X for rendering geometry on Pass1. This needs stereo. -> Outputs and stores results to a buffer.
- Game uses same VS X for rendering shadows on Pass2. The coords are already Stereo as they are read from the buffer from Pass1. The coords don't need extra stereo here.

That's why I was looking in a way to see if they are stereo already ^_^. I haven't seen this behaviour before, well until know that is :) Detroit:Become Human does this.
I can already fix this, by using Unique Shaders created from the same Generic VS X. The downside is that I need to manually go and find them and not add the 2nd stereo correction. I was looking for a more programmatic way of doing it, possibly from the shader code, but I am not sure if it is possible ^_^

Cheers,
Helifax
There is an option to let the sahder osomething if the driver apply stereo correction, but i dont think this is what you are searching for. This is some chatlog from DSS ref. individual corrections independency of a driver stereo correction:

Code: Select all

DarkStarSwordheute um 17:54 Uhr
If you're using ShaderRegex you can disable the driver's stereo correction like this (from DOA6):
[ShaderRegexStereoCorrection.InsertDeclarations]
; Disable the driver's stereo correction by declaring cb12:
dcl_constantbuffer cb12[4], immediateIndexed

additions:
In texture filtering, oD will evaluate as one of these:-0.0: No depth buffer bound0.0: Depth buffer bound that did not match any TextureOverride1.0: Depth buffer bound that did match a TextureOverride without a filter_indexother: Depth buffer bound that did match a TextureOverride with a filter_index
-0.0 and 0.0 are considered equal when using floating point comparisons. To test for -0.0 you must use an integer comparison (asint for HLSL, ieq for asm, === / !== in the d3dx.ini)null conviniently evaluates to -0.0 in the d3dx.ini (since by definition there is never anything bound to null), allowing for it to be used as a more descriptive comparitor, as in if oD === nullBut that can equivelently be written as if oD === -0.0

The reason declaring cb12 changes things is because the driver uses cb12 (or whatever DX10VSCBNumber is set to) to pass the separation and convergence to the shader for their stereo correction, but if the driver sees the shader is already using cb12 it skips patching the shader
I assume they did that to avoid breaking shaders already using cb12, but they actually still bind their constant buffer anyway, so they end up still breaking things in that case (e.g. ARK's sky used cb12 and was broken due to this)
The contents of the cb12 constant buffer is
cbuffer DriverStereoParams : register(b12)
{
        float neg_sep_conv;
        float sep;
}
BTW the same technique of declaring b12 works in HLSL shaders, though the compiler optimises it out unless you actually use it, so in cases where I've done that I use the values from cb12 if the driver passed them in (from WATCH_DOGS2):
// Fix the light shaft depth and neutralise the driver's inconsistent stereo
// correction by accessing cb12 if it has passed it in:
if (sep)
        o1.x += sep * o1.w + neg_sep_conv;
else
        o1.x += s.x * (o1.w - s.y);
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

A quick update on the progress:

I have a few things cooked up that I want to show :!:
But, I always get side-tracked with different things.

For example, I started testing the wrapper on new games and as expected things weren't that HOT :lol:

- Wolfenstein: Young Blood (ID-Tech 5) got lots of crashes in Descriptor sets injection and Pipeline Recreation. I managed to fix them in the last 3 days (there are still some issues that I need to address there to be 100% correct) but at least it works :D
(Haven't checked anything Stereo3D yet)

- Red Dead Redemption 2 - lots of crashes and weird behaviour. What makes it worse is that I can't attach the Visual Studio debugger (the moment the game sees a debugger it quits... to prevent people trying to hack/crack the game). So, I am a bit in the dark here, only relying on experimentation and logging :( :ugeek: But, I'll get it working in the next days (hopefully)

No other games have been tested ATM. But, as you can see, it's definitely not a walk in the park to make it "correct" and working on most games. (There will always be that ONE particular app that does things differently :D)

In any case, I wanted to let you know on the progress and I PROMISE the next few updates are going to be a bit more interesting and entertaining :mrgreen: :shutter

Cheers,
Helifax

lohan
Cross Eyed!

Post by lohan »

Great news, helifax!

Your dedication, commitment and tenacity always reminds me of this great scene here from the movie "Facing the Giants"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sUKoKQlEC4

Talk about overcoming all odds!

Yesterday I had a look at this video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfsg3oiPXGc

Just wanted to get an up-to-date overview for the most beautiful PC-games. I know this topic is always up for debate but still...have a look at No.1 & No.2. That's what I call motivation!
Losti

Post by Losti »

+++++
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Nothing Stereo3D fancy yet :)
Fixing lots of bugs and issues in Vk3DVision for decompiling/injectiong/compiling and swapping shaders :) They must have used every single optimisation and trick in every book in
Red Dead Redemption 2
:lol:
This would definitely not be my number one game to start fixing :lol:

I only managed to fix around 10 bugs in my code, in the last few days :lol: and I was able to get Vk3DVision to render and the Shader Manager to work. YEY! :woot
But most importantly, I am now starting to become confident in the system that I have designed :!: Most of the bugs encountered, were made by me, because I "took shortcuts" in my initial prototyping :roll:
And now it's time to actually make it PROPER!. There are a few things that still needs a proper addressing and which I am trying to do presently :mrgreen: :ugeek:

A small image (in plain-2D) cycling through the active shaders and disabling the one responsible for drawing Arthur's jacket ^_^

(I have blacked out some options in the UI ON PURPOSE :!: It's because, I have more announcements to make on features and etc, which will come later :ugeek:)

Still working on my re-design(s) while making sure all the sanity checks pass :ugeek:

Hope you like the screenshot and the future prospect of playing this game one day in Stereo 3D :shutter

Cheers,
Helifax

PS: Ignore the 152 FPS for now. This is actually COUNTED DOUBLE! I was rendering only 76 FPS in the game ^_^ (Debug Build and I was prototyping a few things particular to this game ^_^)

Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Amazing. Really like what's hinted in there with your UI. Exciting stuff. What a hero.
Skawen

Post by Skawen »

Wow! This will happen RDR2 in 3D :)

This is amazing how much You have achieved with this wrapper. Thank you for Your work & interesting updates, it's like game trailers before game launch :)
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

well that made my knees weak, the thought of RDR2 in S3D. really cool stuff, and the UI... 8-)
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Skawen wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:10 am Wow! This will happen RDR2 in 3D :)

This is amazing how much You have achieved with this wrapper. Thank you for Your work & interesting updates, it's like game trailers before game launch :)
Yeah :!:
The moment I got Detroit to render in Stereo on my 3D Monitor (I posted the video) was exactly like watching a new game trailer and getting all hyped about it! :mrgreen:
It is a bit like that for me as well, with every bug fixed and new addition, sometimes I am also amazed on the results (Even if I think *& design them before and imagine how it would work/look, it's definitely an "awe-inspiring moment" to actually see them REAL :shock: )

I'll have quite a few updates soon on quite lot more things! I am now trying to get things mature enough, so I can say "yupp, it's working as intended" :oops:, before I call them out! You know... expectations and stuff :D

Cheers,
Helifax!

helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

A quick video on the performance achieved with Vk3DVision after a full redesign of the Shader Manager.

TOP: Detroit: Become Human running with Vk3DVision in the original Multi-thread environment. All shaders are decompiled/injected/recompiled (there are lots of optimisation details here) in real-time.
BOTTOM: Detroit: Become Human running native.

:idea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lxUSFPbNa0
:idea:

Hope you enjoy it, as I enjoy it seeing it working like this!

Cheers,
Helifax

Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Incredible Helifax!

What is the ingame resolution, 1080p?
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Chtiblue wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:42 am Incredible Helifax!

What is the ingame resolution, 1080p?
Yes, that is 1920x1080 everything on Ultra with unlocked FPS and Vsync at 120Hz. :!:

Cheers,
Helifax

helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Ladies and Gents, I give you Detroit: Become Human first level/mission in Stereoscopic 3D using Vk3DVision:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leYdYS7BBv8

I fixed everything so far, lights, shadows, halos, even screen space reflections work, contextual UI, etc.
This was all done with Vk3DVision internal tooling and I never touched a single shader file from Windows.
Thanks to the Unique Shaders mechanism that I implemented, I was able separate and apply different stereo corrections to the 5 UI shaders the game uses for rendering UI at game depth and rendering the main Menu or screen UI elements. Without this feature, this wouldn't have been possible and I would have had to start Texture Matching (like we do in 3DMigoto). The same mechanism goes for rendering everything in the scene.
To fix this level it effectively took me around 2-3 hours (most likely because I was going forward and backwards between fixing some bugs in the code, recompile, restart game, testing). So, if I would start from scratch, it would probably take me less time.

Currently, I don't have support for convergence/separation kyboard shortcuts added in VK3DVision. Everything is played at the same convergence level.

I hope this will give you a glimpse on how the full game will look in Stereo3D - once I actually finish this fix (and not get sidetracked by other things :lol: )

Please download the video (4k Video Downloader - is a good app to use) and see the video on your 3D Screen of choice :)
Hope you like it!

Cheers,
Helifax

Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

:woot Totally awesome Helifax!

Is it normal this video is in Ultrawide format?
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

It's great to see you have found this new project to get excited about, Helifax. We all know this can lead to great things!

Such is the human life, that after a while you loose that childish excitement you felt when you started something new, like taking up a new sport, buying a new console, seeing a new Star Wars movie at the cinema.
Little by little age and experience takes away a lot of this type of excitement, and you move into a more "contemplative" mood, rather than active involvement. So I believe finding such a project is really important for you. And it turns out, for us too :-)

It's awesome to see already so much progress on such a groundbreaking project, on such a pioneering subject!
Congratulations, and many thanks for sharing your journey (and eventually maybe the result of your efforts) with all of us.

Of course, as I've said before, I would prefer that Wrappers in general became full products, like Bo3b's HelixVision, available for purchase on Steam or elsewhere. A Vulkan wrapper should be about 40 Eur (standalone, or as a module of HelixVision), and the price of the Detroit fix about 5-10 Eur. This would be very reassuring and would point to the financial sustainability of stereoscopic entertainment in general.
But we all know this is not the case (leaving aside the legal/commercial implications, in case the "legal holders" of these abandoned technologies get their panties in a bunch).

In any case, this is a very exciting project and all credit and kudos go to you. In the past, I've never been able to enjoy your OpenGL fixes due to the frame sequential approach. But the truth is that I don't really care. Even if nothing concrete comes out if your Vulkan project, the most important thing is that you tried, and you explored, and you learned, and you shared. And you found for a while that boyish joyful excitement of the new and the unexplored.
Best of luck!
Last edited by Zappologist on Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Chtiblue wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:01 am :woot Totally awesome Helifax!

Is it normal this video is in Ultrawide format?
The video is Full SBS 1920x1080 resolution. Youtube shows it as ultra-wide because it basically is 3840x1080. If you view it with Stereoscopic player, it will display 1920x1080 for each eye as 3D Vision does for games.

Cheers,
Helifax

helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Zappologist wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:09 am It's great to see you have found this new project to get excited about, Helifax. We all know this can lead to great things!

Such is the human life, that after a while you loose that childish excitement you felt when you started something new, like taking up a new sport, buying a new console, seeing a new Star Wars movie at the cinema.
Little by little age and experience takes away a lot of this type of excitement, and you move into a more "contemplative" mood, rather than active involvement. So I believe finding such a project is really important for you. And it turns out, for us too :-)

It's awesome to see already so much progress on such a groundbreaking project, on such a pioneering subject!
Congratulations, and many thanks for sharing your journey (and eventually maybe the result of your efforts) with all of us.

Of course, as I've said before, I would prefer that Wrappers in general became full products, like Bo3b's HelixVision, available for purchase on Steam or elsewhere. A Vulkan wrapper should be about 40 Eur (standalone, or as a module of HelixVision), and the price of the Detroit fix about 5-10 Eur. This would be very reassuring and would point to the financial sustainability of stereoscopic entertainment in general.
But we all know this is not the case (leaving aside the legal/commercial implications, in case the "legal holders" of these abandoned technologies get their panties in a bunch).

In any case, this is a very exciting project and all credit and kudos go to you. In the past, I've never been able to enjoy your OpenGL fixes due to the frame sequential approach. But the truth is that I don't really care. Even if nothing concrete comes out if your Vulkan project, the most important thing is that you tried, and you explored, and you learned, and you shared. And you found for a while that boyish joyful excitement of new and the unexplored.
Best of luck!
Many thanks!
Yes, the sequential frame approach is not the best, but it is the easiest to implement. It also depends on the game and how heavy it is. The plan was always to add same frame rendering to my OGL wrapper, but I dropped since it requires a lot of development time to do it properly.
The plan is to add it in Vk3DVision at some point, but again, it will depend on numerous factors and if it will justify the amount of time required to develop it, or not :)

Cheers,
Helifax

russellk
Cross Eyed!

Post by russellk »

Well done mate, that is a huge achievement and thanks for sharing the behind the scenes with us too 😁
Win 10 1903 (Via 3dfix manager - Non DCH)/W11, 11700K, Gigabyte 2080Ti OC, Samsung G9, LG 3d OLED, 4k Projector, WMR Odyssey+
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Excellent video, showing how a fixed Vulkan game can look. Performance is great, and the graphics too. When a game runs at 60fps per eye like this, the frame sequential way of showing frames is not a problem to me.
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

masterotaku wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:21 pm Excellent video, showing how a fixed Vulkan game can look. Performance is great, and the graphics too. When a game runs at 60fps per eye like this, the frame sequential way of showing frames is not a problem to me.
Many many thanks for the feedback!
I am really curious to get feedback from everyone that looked at a video :) Constructive criticism is welcome, of course :mrgreen:

Cheers!
Helifax

helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

I am honestly interested in your opinion :)

Honestly, only 3-4 people actually saw the video?! Wow... if this is the case... I might re-think this whole endeavour :)) and instead of making a generic toolkit for fixing games in Vulkan, I might just release fixes for the games I care about.
Would that be better?
I kept hearing that everyone wants Stereo3D in Vulkan and yet here we are... with most people not actually caring about it.... or so it seems. Is it because this is not Red Dead Redemption 2 or Cyberpunk 2077 that people don't look at it?!
Is this the same interest for DirectX 12? Or is it because "you can't download it and try it yet" ?

I am really confused right now and any feedback is appreciated :)

Cheers,
Helifax

Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

I saw on youtube that 29 people have seen your video.

Your video is awesome and I can't wait to play Detroit in 3D.

Perhaps you could put the link of this forum on the video description?

Definitely the heart of 3D guilde is here but sadly a lot of people didn't made the move (or don't know the existence) from geforce forums to here.

The hype will come Helifax, don't forget it's only a month since you launched this 3DVulkan wrapper and the progress you made in this time are incredible 8)
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Chtiblue wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:26 pm The hype will come Helifax, don't forget it's only a month since you launched this 3DVulkan wrapper and the progress you made in this time are incredible 8)
Did I move that fast?! In that case, I'll take the rest of the year off! :lol:
On a more serious note, I've been talking with a few people and someone actually asked me in the video comments if they can try it out!

Sure, it is not ready (in the place where I want it to be) yet, but I think I can make a "one-off" Demo of Vk3DVision and the fix for Detroit: Become Human (Demo version - which is the first level that I fixed) :!:
(You can download the Demo for "Detroit: Become Human" from either Epic Store or Steam. I personally have and tried the Epic Store version - since I bought the game on the PS4 in 2018 and on PC on Epic Store when it was released in Dec. 2019.)

Maybe, once people get to try it out and get it in "their hands" will be more "inclined to believe" in the project 8-)

There are still things that I want to address to actually make the tool "be ready" for people to start fixing the games they want :!:
Hence my question! On what we actually want : A tool that allows fixing games, or just Stereo3D Fixes! (I mean the ultimate goal is having 3D fixes for Vulkan games, but if I'm the only one (or 2 other people) that will use it, then there is no need for documentation or trying to make this into "a produkt" :roll:, as it will save a lot of time and I can always work directly with "the team" :D)

Cheers,
Helifax

DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

helifax wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:15 pmHence my question! On what we actually want : A tool that allows fixing games, or just Stereo3D Fixes! (I mean the ultimate goal is having 3D fixes for Vulkan games, but if I'm the only one (or 2 other people) that will use it, then there is no need for documentation or trying to make this into "a produkt" :roll:, as it will save a lot of time and I can always work directly with "the team" :D)
I, for one, obviously would love to see a generic Vulkan tool to be made rather than individual fixes per game. I can't tell you if it would be worth the additional time and effort, but I can at least pledge that I'll make an attempt to learn and fix at least one of the major Vulkan games that need to be fixed, likely either RDR2 or Doom Eternal. I imagine you might have interest in Doom yourself, since you worked on 2016, so by all means you get first dibs if you want it! :lol:
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Yikes... I must have been slow on the trigger! I watched all of the other videos, but somehow missed out on the 3DV video.

Just watched - absolutely stunning!

Unfortunately, as an end-user and not a shader-hacker, I am in no position to offer an answer to your question Helifax... all I can say is that I'll be grateful for whatever ends up coming our way! :D
Losti

Post by Losti »

++ for the Tool and not only 3D fixes !
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Detroit is really not my cup of tea. But that's not impacting my enthusiasm at all and I agree with the tool approach if possible. (even if it's not well documented.)
I simply had no had a chance to check on this thread, and I don't currently have 4k video downloader, will look into this tonight and check it out.
Skawen

Post by Skawen »

This project is absolutely amazing & I think this will the best tool for fixing, because it is in real time, but the decision about tool or fixes is all up to You.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Just watched the Detroit 3d video, that's absolutely stunning, to see this project move so fast and having really good 3d at this point, amazing work Helifax.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

Big thanks for your effort on making this great tools.

Just watched the 3D video on my big 3D projector and I have 2 observations:

1) On my machine the wide video format shrinks the image height in half (screenshot attached).
Could you make a video format like this one below so that I can see the full height ?
https://youtu.be/iwCw25rsPVM?t=2283

2) The depth and the convergence are too high for my eyes and it's uncomfortable to watch in 3D.
Could you lower the depth and especially the convergence ?

3) My personal preference for 3D games is based on how much of the action happens outside in daylight.
I find dark scenes in 3D underwhelming. It's just much more enjoyable for me to watch 3D scenes in daylight than in the dark.

Even with the first 2 issues, I can tell that the 3D is great.
One thing I am interested though is the magnitude of artifacts in moving scenes due to the sequential approach, but I cannot judge right now due to the wide format which makes the image shrinked in half.

I like CM Unleashed so much, I played Assassin's Creed Origins, Odyssey, Far Cry 5, Far Cry New Dawn, and many others and it looks great. Also the image is rock solid if I turn the Vertical Sync On. By the way, does CM Unleashed has the same sequential approach, or the right eye image is generated from the same frame of the left eye image ?

And since I mentioned CM Unleashed, I experienced some issues in Far Cry New Dawn and Hitman 2. When if I rotate the camera in some locations the 3D effect is lost, and if I get out of that area the 3D comes back. Also, I played Assassin's Crees III Remastered and Far Cry 5 just fine in 3D with CMU, but when I started again after a while the 3D effect did not work anymore. Do you have some tips how to fix these issues ?

Once again many thanks and please keep up the good work !
Best regards !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

1. This is a full Side by Side video format : 3840x1080. Maybe Youtube broke the aspect ratio?
2. Depth and convergence are always adjustable, as you know, but I'll keep in mind for the other videos ;) thx!

Regarding CM Unleashed: that is just a driver enhancement to unlock some limitations imposed by 3D Vision Automatic driver. It doesn't change the way 3D Vision Automatic works (and it's problems).
Many thanks for your comments! Much appreciated!

Cheers,
Helifax

floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

helifax wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:18 am 1. This is a full Side by Side video format : 3840x1080. Maybe Youtube broke the aspect ratio?
I managed to set a correct aspect ratio for the video with VLC Player (16:9).
It looks great.

Is it complicated to fix a Vulkan game with your tool ?
ohJah5Ti1A
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ohJah5Ti1A »

Wow, great work, this looks amazing!
Can't wait to test if it is linux/proton/dxvk compatible :)
I can confirm that a forced aspect ratio to 16:9 fixes the view here too
Losti

Post by Losti »

floph wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:34 am
helifax wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:18 am 1. This is a full Side by Side video format : 3840x1080. Maybe Youtube broke the aspect ratio?
I managed to set a correct aspect ratio for the video with VLC Player (16:9).
It looks great.

Is it complicated to fix a Vulkan game with your tool ?
Shader fixing is and will be complicated as hell :-)

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”