Vuzix vr920 + Nvidia3d on Vista, no s-3d yet!

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
oearmed
One Eyed Hopeful

Vuzix vr920 + Nvidia3d on Vista, no s-3d yet!

Post by oearmed »

Hi everyone,

i've searched the forums a little, but "I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!", so im posting... I'm a little impulsive and when I read that the nvidia 3d drivers were out for vista I ordered the Vuzix vr920 hmd, being the cheapest i could find, and as a personal viewing device they are great! I have been reading however that not 'all' nvidia stereo modes are available on vista. The vuzix drivers come with the glasses, but after two days i havent been able to get them to work. I own an hp tx1000 with a geforce go 6150, running the 174.74 display driver and 174.76 stereoscopic driver. i don't expect a lot out of this card, but since i have gotten the nvidia drivers and the vuzix vr920 2.0 drivers installed i do expect to run a few games in 3d. trying to use the vuzix 2.0 drivers has gotten me nowhere and "Only Anaglyph Mode" works with nvidia. I dont really have a question more specific than, 'How can I see in 3d with this setup?' I don't know where to start! please no negative comments, if you can't help or don't have the same problem or a question please don't waste our time replying. btw I found this site by reading the original thread in the nvidia forums almost a year ago. someone should save it if its still there, bravo on following through and taking some action. 3d should be standard as far as I am concerned. :shock:

p.s the vr920's are great, and I like still being able to look up or down at the real world when i want, they are not 'totally immercive.' only problems so far are my glasses, switched to my contacts, and reading text at @ 1024 by 768, might be the contacts..., and they are a little heavy on the bridge of my nose after a while.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I'm not realy shure, what you did, but:
1) Do your drivers display any S-3D devices except anaglyph? If they are the 'official' ones I'm afraid they are for Zalman only. In that case you'd have to pick a little older driver from the download section:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/dloads/index.php?act=view&id=16
You might have some sucess with it, although its originally designed for XP...

You might want to look here, too:
http://mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t ... sc&start=0

I know there are people who got Vista to run with the different modes and the their devices (not Zalman).

2) Isn't there a 'wraper' for the VR920 to get thing in S-3D???
http://mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t ... ight=vr920

3) do you use vista 64bit or 32bit?

Good luck & success :wink:
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

Vista blocks programs other than installers from copying files to folders in Program Files. I think that the VR920 drivers tries to copy a dll to the game folder when running it for the first time. In Vista, the automatic copying of the file won't work. You'll have to install the game in a folder outside Program Files or you'll have to copy the files manually in the game folder.

I ordered the VR920 and I'm on Vista 64 bits. I still haven't received it so I can't speak about my personal experience. There's a forum for the VR920 that exists. You might have more luck there to get an answer about the VR920 driver.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

The VR920 does officially support around 30 games and more if you tweak some files. Make sure you have the new firmware (1.110.103) and there is also a 2.1 version of the software for increased compatibility. As Tril mentioned, some games need to be manually patched, the instructions can be launched from the iWear monitor panel. Also, they might not work 100% on 64-bit, but I'm not sure about that. Try looking for help on the VR920 forums if you still have problems.
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

I got mine tonight.

It works in 2D in Vista 64 bits.
It does not work in stereo in Vista 64 bits because there's no 64 bit driver. The driver is used to send the sync signal to the glasses through USB. Vuzix needs to make a 64 bits USB driver.

I'm going to dual boot to XP and use it in XP.

I was able to test some S3D screenshots on Vista 64 bits by using sView and manually activating stereo for each picture with the wheel on the glasses. It freezes the picture when you do that so it's only good to take a look at something that does not move.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”