Product idea to go with the rift

Lilwolf
Cross Eyed!

Product idea to go with the rift

Post by Lilwolf »

Ok, so the distortion is exact for the rift (do we know the curvature yet?)

How about a lense that could fit on a camera. So pictures taken (without modification) would be able to be viewed on the Rift perfectly.

then, you could get two of them (and two cameras), set them an exact distance apart, and then be able to film 3d stuff, perfectly for the Rift.

Then you could then put some servos on a mount that are controls from the head tracker...

Then you could mount the whole thing on a remote car...

But the start would be to get the perfect opposite to the optics on the rift.

I guess it could be done in software... but I like the idea anyway.
Namielus
Certif-Eyable!

Re: Product idea to go with the rift

Post by Namielus »

two gopros, with a lens seperation of 65mm, vertically mounted, seem to already have out-of-the-box perfect barrel to counter the rifts pincussion.
(2 people have tried it so far)
Its small enough for rc cars, headmount, etc etc.

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=15308
Riftoholic

My precious 6 month project the Oculus Virtual Lounge:
If you help me in any way I will be forever grateful.
Matoz
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Product idea to go with the rift

Post by Matoz »

Lilwolf wrote:Ok, so the distortion is exact for the rift (do we know the curvature yet?)

How about a lense that could fit on a camera. So pictures taken (without modification) would be able to be viewed on the Rift perfectly.

then, you could get two of them (and two cameras), set them an exact distance apart, and then be able to film 3d stuff, perfectly for the Rift.

Then you could then put some servos on a mount that are controls from the head tracker...

Then you could mount the whole thing on a remote car...

But the start would be to get the perfect opposite to the optics on the rift.

I guess it could be done in software... but I like the idea anyway.
I was thinking of the same thing! Maybe it is also possible to use additional mirrors to record a "rift compatible" video with only one camera. Would be much easier to stream the video feed wirelessly. But then comes the low resolution for actual affordable video tx/rx solutions.

Return to “Oculus VR”