Palmer Spotted with Valve's Gabe Newell and Michael Abrash

benz145
Two Eyed Hopeful

Palmer Spotted with Valve's Gabe Newell and Michael Abrash

Post by benz145 »

Palmer thought he could sneak away to Wahsington for "something that relates to the Kickstarter" and thought we wouldn't find out. Seems he's be caught red-handed ; P

http://www.roadtovr.com/2012/07/31/ocul ... el-abrash/
mayaman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Palmer Spotted with Valve's Gabe Newell and Michael Abra

Post by mayaman »

Lol awesome Palmer!

Can't wait. Anybody got a link to the kick starter?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Very nice.
benz145
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by benz145 »

mayaman wrote:Lol awesome Palmer!

Can't wait. Anybody got a link to the kick starter?
Nothing yet, I'm watching closely though.
pierreye
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pierreye »

Hopefully this will kick start a new revolution in VR gaming. I'm hitting 40 soon and I want to be in VR golden era before I die. :lol:
LordJuanlo

Post by LordJuanlo »

Excellent news! I hope he is allowed to share some info with us ;)
Comunidad española de RV / Spanish VR Community
mayaman

Post by mayaman »

pierreye wrote:Hopefully this will kick start a new revolution in VR gaming. I'm hitting 40 soon and I want to be in VR golden era before I die. :lol:
I'm over 40 and used to be heavy into VR in the early 90s when I worked for VGA magazine. I actually visited Atari several times to play with their Jaguar VR and went to the first five E3s, it was really a golden age. I'm hoping before I hit 50 that what I experienced back then will finally be commonplace. C'mon Palmer and John, make this happen! :)
Guspaz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Guspaz »

I tried the Jaguar VR; they had a setup for it at the local video rental store. It was a huge disappointment, the FOV was so tiny that it was little better than sitting in front of a couch. It was just like a not-so-large screen hanging out in front of you. The head tracking was also bad enough to be annoying instead of immersive.

That was my only experience with actual VR hardware, and the fact that it was so disappointing is what makes me really excited about the Rift... Finally, high FOV low latency VR done right for a price that the average person can afford.

Current VR kits that meet these requirements have price tags high enough that you can weigh them against "Should I book a trip to space on a suborbital craft, or buy a VR headset? The prices are similar."
mayaman

Post by mayaman »

When did you try the Atari VR? In 94 it was pretty awesome buddy.
STRZ
Certif-Eyed!

Post by STRZ »

It's great that Valve is supporting this, as somebody ho primarly uses Linux for all m stuff, except gaming (dual booting actually :roll: ) i can't wait to see Steam for Linux and getting rid of Windows in the future. Gaming in Linux with the Oculus Rift on my head ould be like a dream becoming true :)
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Synexious »

mayaman wrote:
pierreye wrote:Hopefully this will kick start a new revolution in VR gaming. I'm hitting 40 soon and I want to be in VR golden era before I die. :lol:
I'm over 40 and used to be heavy into VR in the early 90s when I worked for VGA magazine. I actually visited Atari several times to play with their Jaguar VR and went to the first five E3s, it was really a golden age. I'm hoping before I hit 50 that what I experienced back then will finally be commonplace. C'mon Palmer and John, make this happen! :)
You'll see it, probably in ten. You may not have to die, though - cryonics offers a nonzero chance of survival. I'm attending Alcor 40 in Scottsdale this October, and am going to take out a neuropreservation plan. I'm only twenty, but the younger you are, the cheaper it is (funded by life insurance).

Return to “Oculus VR”