Take a picture of Your 3D gear

Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Take a picture of Your 3D gear

Post by Freke1 »

50" 3D TV + Nvidia 3D glasses(1) + Sony 3D Bloggie (+ Battlefield 3)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Take a picture of Your 3D gear

Post by cybereality »

Here is a pic of my main setup:

I also have a 3D projector in the living room, I will take a pic when its dark outside.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

cybereality wow! you have a 3dconnection 3d controller thingy? wanted to get one a while back for 3d max? is it any good?
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

yuriythebest wrote:cybereality wow! you have a 3dconnection 3d controller thingy? wanted to get one a while back for 3d max? is it any good?
Yeah, it works really well. A lot more intuitive to move the camera around like this. Well worth the $60 I spent on it. It also works with Blender, which is nice (haven't tried on the latest version but probably still works). I honestly haven't been doing much modelling lately so the thing just collects dust on the back of my desk. But its well worth buying.
howsTricks
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by howsTricks »

How do you like the Razer controller? I love that portal demo they did with it
Zloth
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zloth »

It collects dust? Hmmm.... I might be able to use that.

I've got a tall, skinny setup so I took my shot sideways. I can hook the TV on top to the computer but I almost never bother.

http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=5080
"Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of."
- They Might Be Giants
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

howsTricks wrote:How do you like the Razer controller? I love that portal demo they did with it
I like it, it works pretty good. It adds a lot to Portal 2, the other games with joystick emulation not as much. Still cool, though.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

now the million dollar question - when gaming, do you prefer the HMD or Monitor - if so which one?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

yuriythebest wrote:now the million dollar question - when gaming, do you prefer the HMD or Monitor - if so which one?
So far the best thing I have right now is my 3D projector (Optoma GT750). Its DLP so it has literally NO GHOSTING, and also like a 100" screen. Very nice.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

cybereality wrote:
yuriythebest wrote:now the million dollar question - when gaming, do you prefer the HMD or Monitor - if so which one?
So far the best thing I have right now is my 3D projector (Optoma GT750). Its DLP so it has literally NO GHOSTING, and also like a 100" screen. Very nice.
some more questions:
1.the lamps are 195$ - have you done some foruming as to whether or not it is possible to use non-standard lamps with some hacking/etc?
2. what shutters are you using in combination with this monitor? any eyestrain?
3. are there newer higher-res models for a similar price?
4. Do you accept me as your lord and savior?
5. how is the experience better than the sony 3d HMD?
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

:lol:
This just made my day - Thank you!
yuriythebest wrote:...
4. Do you accept me as your lord and savior?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

@yuriythebest

1) I just got the projector, so I am not worried about the lap dying in 1 or 2 years time. Whenever the time comes I will get a new lamp.
2) I am using some $40 generic chinese DLP-Link glasses I got on eBay. They work great, very bright and comfortable to wear (though not as comfortable as passive obviously).
3) This is a relatively new model. Won't really matter if you get a 1080P projector since HDMI 1.4a only supports 720P for gaming. The higher end one is the HD33, but like I said, its useless for gaming.
4) No comment.
5) The experience is different from an HMD. Not sure its better. With the Sony you get a brighter image, with much better colors. Both are 720P, but the image is probably sharper on the Sony HMD. Though the projector still looks bigger I would say, but its a close call. The Sony does have a decent image size. Mainly HMDs in general are more of a hassle unless you are doing specific things with it where they are necessary (like head-tracking, which is very cool). If you are not using head-tracking, then a 3D monitor or projector is more practical and comfortable than using an HMD. But both have their purposes.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”