Youtube 3D in full screen, interlaced?

3DWolf
One Eyed Hopeful

Youtube 3D in full screen, interlaced?

Post by 3DWolf »

Has anyone figured out how to play Youtube 3D videos in full screen, interlaced? It works great in the regular/large player but when I go to full screen it messes up. With glasses it looks block like with horizontal lines through it. You can still see the image but it isn't 3D anymore. Or, is it not possible?

I am using a Vizio 32" passive-glasses TV.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Youtube 3D in full screen, interlaced?

Post by cybereality »

Its probably inverting the image (for example, first line left eye instead of right eye). You can click the 3D button on the YouTube player and choose "swap eyes" I believe.
3DWolf
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DWolf »

Just tried the Swap Eye switch. It still isn't showing in 3D.
:cry:

Here is a Youtube link if anyone wants to try it. It's the Tranformers 3D trailer. It looks good in Regular/Large window at 1080p. Just doesn't work in full screen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV4Kj3zftkk
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Hmm.. Just tested with my Zalman (passive interleaved) and it works fine in both windowed and full-screen mode.

What browser/OS version are you using? Latest version of Flash?
3DWolf
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DWolf »

Flash: 11.3.300.257, latest.
Browser: Mozilla, 13.0 , latest.
Video Card: Geforce GTX 275
NVidia Drivers: 296.10 (The newest version killed my 3D in some games, Descent 2 using GLDirect, so I'm one driver behind for now.)
DirectX: 11.0
Monitor: Vizio 32" 3DTV, 1920x1080, passive glasses

I am using a funky driver for my Vizio 32" 3DTV, ZMT ZM-M240W (ZMT2400 EDID Override) . It isn't an issue anywhere else (videos, games). I use it because it lets me go to my maximum 1920x1080p resolution in 3D, instead of 720p like the generic driver was doing. It was a fix I read about that worked great. I wouldn't think that it hurts anything because it works so perfectly on everything else.

One last thing. I can right click on the flash player, then choose "Pop Out" and it will create another window that can be as large as the screen. This shows in 3D. It just has the browser top bar and leaves the computer task bar at the bottom. But it too can't show 3D in full screen, even though it is the exact same size.

Anyone else have problems with 3D in full screen on Youtube?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Maybe there are some GPU settings that are messing with the image. For example, overscan, GPU scaling, deinterlacing, etc. I would go into the Nvidia panel and try to disable as much as I could and see if it helps. You can start in the "Adjust desktop size and position" (no scaling / perform scaling on display) and maybe in the "adjust video image settings". Not sure if thats the problem but its worth a look.
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

works in full screen checkerboard (but I have to play a downloaded 3D movie with Stereoscopic Player to activate 3D in the TV menu). I always download youtube 3D vids.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”