softTH users? (with 3d) (software triplehead)

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
hifidelitygaming
One Eyed Hopeful

softTH users? (with 3d) (software triplehead)

Post by hifidelitygaming »

Does anyone else use the "software triplehead" patch http://www.kegetys.fi/SoftTH/ to run 3d glasses of any sort with triple monitors especially on a lower budget? For those not familiar it allows you to use one 'good' card and one 'cheap' card (even pci, although pcie 1x is recommended) to run 3 or even more monitors (yes 5 or more apparently with more cheap cards) rendering the entire business on the 1 good card and then doing a simple copy/paste in Direct X over to the other cards for their part of the display window (including bezel correction) so they can have zero 3d power as they dont contribute to rendering the display. You can even run the outbound monitors at lower resolutions/different resolutions (or 16bit color and such) to reduce the data overhead and it still works pretty well. It only works on DX8/9 games so far, DX11 is being worked on but not out for a bit yet.

They have a forum, however 3d glasses type posts almost never come up and there seem to be no clear answers over there. So I was hoping maybe someone here would know more?

My goal is real simple - 3 monitors, 3d, on a minimum budget. I play older games primarily with very little shader loads and dont even mind slower framerates or resolution if necessary since my CRT's wont do HD at 120hz anyway. I currently have hardware that I thought would run this but finding problems may have to get different hardware to do so, including ATI options if needed.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: softTH users? (with 3d) (software triplehead)

Post by cybereality »

I looked into this once, but never ended up following through with it. It might be possible to run things like anaglyph or interlaced with this type of solution. Not sure if anyone has tried.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”