Tridef suddenly glitching/artifacting; HELP!

locrow98
One Eyed Hopeful

Tridef suddenly glitching/artifacting; HELP!

Post by locrow98 »

I had Tridef drivers working perfectly last night, but upon loading Vampire the Masquerade:Bloodlines or World of Warcraft today, the graphics are now distorted. In Vampire, when I am walking around the game will randomly look like I am cross-eyed; things also now have purple ghosting. This was not the case just the night before. Also World of Warcraft is now completely berserk, with serious image artifacting, and objects shifting into 2D or 3D at random. I have Tridef, IZ3D, and 3DVision installed (The latter of which work fine). I have tried reinstalling Tridef, reinstalling the games, and fiddling with Tridef controls to no avail...I am at a complete loss at what to do.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Tridef suddenly glitching/artifacting; HELP!

Post by Neil »

Is this a Steam game? Try logging out of Steam completely (exiting the application) and try again. Sometimes Steam retains the DDD in an active state after you exit the game, and this could confuse matters.

Regards,
Neil
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Can you give more details as to your setup? What display are you using, what video card, what OS, which video drivers, which DDD version, etc.?
locrow98
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by locrow98 »

I'm using the Zalman 240W edid on an LG D2342P-PN monitor. I used the Tridef software that came with the LG (Version 1.2) and I have also tried Version 1.3.7. It is very strange because one day it was working fine then all of a sudden its glitching out; especially so considering 3D Vision is working OK. None of my games are through Steam.

System Specs:

i5 2500K @ 3.30 ghz (4 cpus)
8 gigs DDR3 RAM
Geforce GTX 460 1 gig (driver 275.33)
Windows 7 64 bit
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Maybe the issue is that IZ3D and DDD (or even Nvidia) are running at the same time. I know IZ3D has a glitch when you restart the computer it always enables itself (even if set to disabled). What you have to do is enable it, then disable it again. I always hit the 'Apply' button 2 or 3 times just to be safe.
locrow98
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by locrow98 »

It appears my problems have been fixed by updating my Nvidia graphics drivers. :roll:
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Awesome!

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”