problems with playing video

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

problems with playing video

Post by yuriythebest »

my problem is this- whenever I try to open any video file-both the normal kind and stereo, the audio will play but the video (along with windows) will be frozen. as in the video won't play at all and windows will be incredibly slow and it's impossible to do anything until the video finishes- then everything unfreezes.

my configuration:
pentium 4
nvidia 6600

I tried several forceware drivers, that didn't change anything. Even tried installing coolbits 2.0 to enable the editing of advanced options and set render advanced frame to "0". I have the following codecs installed -klite, realalt. All my drivers seem to be working properly as in there are no :unindentified devices" or anything. Except for that problem everything else works fine including 3d games.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Had you tried another player to see if the problem persist?. Try vlc: videolan.org.

if it runs with vlc but not with the other player the problem is some setting in your player or codecmessups.

If you have the same problem with vlc (running own codecs) then it's probably driver related (wrong setting somewhere). Either you could tinker with the videosettings in the driver or simply uninstall the drivers and run drivercleaner: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745 for removing even small rests there is. Then install the graphic drivers again and say a little pray....

Good luck!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “General Hardware & Software Technical Support”