vuzix VR920 driver update and soon their own 3D driver

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
wuhlei
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

vuzix VR920 driver update and soon their own 3D driver

Post by wuhlei »

http://forums.vr920.com/Forum19-1.aspx
All,

First, I'd like to say that I'm sorry for not being around for the last few weeks, and I apologize for any messages to me I may have missed, or seemed to be ignoring. With the holidays upon us, things have been crazy here in the office. The orders have been flooding in, and we've all been working very hard to keep up with them all, and make sure that everyone gets their packages in time for Christmas.

And, just in time for the Christmas break, we've got our VR920 software installation version 1.1 on the site, ready for download! You can find it here: http://vuzix.com/support/downloads_drivers.html.

To quote the blurb at that site, here are a couple of the features:

- Framework for Vuzix Stereoscopic 3D (look for VR920 Firmware Update in January 2008)
- Improved Microsoft Flight Simulator X Support - includes Vuzix Stereoscopic 3D support
- Improved World Of Warcraft Support - new floating UI feature
- Improved rFactor support - includes Vuzix Stereoscopic 3D support
- New support for Quake 4 and Quake Wars
- New support for Supreme Commander and Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

The framework for Vuzix Stereoscopy mentioned here is the proprietary USB method you've heard us talk about. Well, it's finally ready, and it will launch with support for MS Flight Sim X and rFactor. We'll be adding game titles to it as we go, since in needs to be done on a game by game basis, like our tracking support. The firmware upgrade coming in January will actually add the stereo to the game; you won't get 3D until the firmware update, which you'll be able to do yourself using a downloaded program. Another feature that will be in this update will be an increase in color depth; no more 16 bit color depth! We plan on launching the firmware in early January; we've already done some very extensive testing, did a bit of tweaking, and want to do at least one more, maybe two more, weeks of intensive hardware testing before launching it.

Happy Holidays, folks, and thanks for being our customers.
Last edited by wuhlei on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Albert Einstein
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

Lets hope they can crank out the game support very quickly. I've been waiting to buy the vr920 until they fixed the 16bit problem and started supporting their own stereo drivers.

Let us know how it looks with Vuzix's drivers.
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”