iz3d DIY Projector?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
dukenukesam
One Eyed Hopeful

iz3d DIY Projector?

Post by dukenukesam »

Hi guys, since my iz3d inverter board is gone (No backlights). Can it be possible to put the sandwich on top of a overhead projector and get 3d? Its the same stuff behind DIY projectors using an lcd pannel right? :?:
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: iz3d DIY Projector?

Post by PalmerTech »

In theory, you could make a DIY projector that used it, but you would need a silverscreen projection surface to preserve the polarization.

And there are no overhead projectors large enough for a 22" panel. If you want to make a DIY projector, head over to the LumenLabs forums, they can help you a lot. But there is no easy way to do this, most people avoid larger panels and use smaller, easier to build around panels.
dukenukesam
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by dukenukesam »

Thanks PalmerTech,

My iz3d is actually a 17" one so maybe I can get it to work by using just a silver screen as suggested. Thanks!

:lol:
PalmerTech
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by PalmerTech »

Oh, you are that guy! Yes, you may be able to find one that fits. :) Although to be honest, a silverscreen of any size is going to cost you several hundred dollars... :(
dukenukesam
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by dukenukesam »

Ouch! :woot Lets see if I can find a cheaper solution. Thanks!
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

Nah! Any "decor" spraypaint will do.
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”