Z800 flicker problem

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
UncleJoe
One Eyed Hopeful

Z800 flicker problem

Post by UncleJoe »

Greetings. I want to buy the Emagin Z800 and am convinced it's the best out there for its price.

But the main show stopper for me would be the flicker problem - if the refresh rate drops to < 60Hz, the eyes get swapped.

Can anyone clarify this problem. How bad is this problem and are there any easy work arounds?

I can understand why the eyes will get swapped if the application frame updates isn't synced to the actual monitor refresh, but wouldn't that mean if the application updates the frames faster than 60Hz, you also get swapping?

Also, if there's anything better out there than Z800, for ~$1000, I'd like to hear it. I've heard about VR1440, and TDVisor HD, but they still haven't seen the light of day.
UncleJoe
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Z800 flicker problem

Post by UncleJoe »

OK, apparently IZ3D supports marked shutter mode, which should solve the problem. But does the Z800 support it?
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Z800 flicker problem

Post by crim3 »

No, it doesn't support marked shutter mode.

I think that it also swaps eyes when going above 60 frames/sec. The key is forcing the vertical sync signal to be active, this way the game will hold on before spitting the frame till the vsync arrives, i.e. it can't go beyond 60 fps despite the little time it takes to the game to render the frame.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”