Need help with DDD software and Samsung 3D DLP

amgini
One Eyed Hopeful

Need help with DDD software and Samsung 3D DLP

Post by amgini »

I am unable to switch the Samsung DLP TV into 3d mode. It's grayed out in the set up menu and when I pressed the 3d button on the remote control it say
"not available" . I am currently using ATI HD2600XT. I don't know if this is compatible with the software. I was told by Samsung support that I need to set my desktop refresh to 120hz in order to switch to 3D mode but I am unable to find the option to do that with the graphic card. I doubt that is true since it's not listed in the manual as one of the compatible mode. I am planning to buy a Nvidia 8800 GT. Does anyone know if this will be compatible with DDD software. I would really appreciate any input from those of you who have gotten a similar setup running. Thanks.
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

ATI HD2600XT.
That means, you can't use the NVidia S-3D driver, but DDD's software might work (dont know).

You should be able to get the newest Stereoscopic Player (right at the top) to run with it. As far as I know, they implemented the support.
It can show some movies like the ones in the Download, Filexchange section of the MTBS3D website.
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
amgini
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by amgini »

Thanks for replying. I changed the graphic card to 8800 GT and everying is working now.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Need help with DDD software and Samsung 3D DLP

Post by pixel67 »

amgini wrote:I am unable to switch the Samsung DLP TV into 3d mode. It's grayed out in the set up menu and when I pressed the 3d button on the remote control it say
"not available" . I am currently using ATI HD2600XT. I don't know if this is compatible with the software. I was told by Samsung support that I need to set my desktop refresh to 120hz in order to switch to 3D mode but I am unable to find the option to do that with the graphic card. I doubt that is true since it's not listed in the manual as one of the compatible mode. I am planning to buy a Nvidia 8800 GT. Does anyone know if this will be compatible with DDD software. I would really appreciate any input from those of you who have gotten a similar setup running. Thanks.
Hello amgini. I hope you enjoy the new HDTV! Which model did you purchase? You should be happy with the 8800GT. I have been using 8800GTX for several months and am quite happy with the results, just need more working games is all... I don't think Samsung support even knows what they are talking about, just hitting the 3D button on your remote adjusts the refresh rate accordingly.

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

Please give us a review on well the Samsung does in 3D for gaming. I'm looking toward buying a DLP tv for gaming.
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I didn't want to tell you, that the 8800gt has better compatibility. In the moment it isn't supported by Nvidia's S-3D driver as well, but it might get support. There's a thread somewhere around :wink:

I didn't know DDD makes differences between ATI and Nvidia. Are you shure, you had the same settings/drivers/applications on both boards?
Just curious :P
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Znith wrote:Please give us a review on well the Samsung does in 3D for gaming. I'm looking toward buying a DLP tv for gaming.
It's a pretty awesome setup. The biggest drawback is the same as many others on the board... We need more drivers! I put up a preview in the General Discussion area a few months ago. It is still there you just have to dig a bit. I may post a new "6 months later" review once Nvidia releases there new driver...

Cheers!

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
amgini
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by amgini »

PiXeL,

I bought the Samsung HL-T5689S. I have had the TV for a few months already but I didn't have a computer set up to do 3D until now. Thinking back I shoud have gotten the bigger model so it would look better in 3D :). Your setup looks great. It must be awesome to play game on a 8800 GTX SLI computer. I notice that you use Crystaleyes 3 glasses. How are they? Are they worth the price? I assume those glasses are compatible with Samsung TV? I am trying to find a replacement for the glasses that came with the DDD package. They are pretty uncomfortable. I am trying to find the best shutter glessas, if they aren't too expensive :).

Znith,

I haven't had a chance to play any game in 3D yet so I can't give you a review right now. I am in the process of downloading some demoes so I'll let you know once they are done. So far I haven't notice much ghosting with the movies I watched so I think gaming should be good on it. My only concern right now is the colors seem a bit washed out but that could be because I don't have the correct settings.

LukePC1,

Yeah I agree. I best to stick with Nvidia card for 3D stuff. I didn't think there would be any problem using ATI card with DDD software either but I guess I was wrong. I try a lot of dfferent settings on ATI card and still could get it to work. The Nvidia card pretty much work with my TV 3D mode right out of the box.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

amgini wrote:PiXeL,

I bought the Samsung HL-T5689S. I have had the TV for a few months already but I didn't have a computer set up to do 3D until now. Thinking back I shoud have gotten the bigger model so it would look better in 3D :). Your setup looks great. It must be awesome to play game on a 8800 GTX SLI computer. I notice that you use Crystaleyes 3 glasses. How are they? Are they worth the price? I assume those glasses are compatible with Samsung TV? I am trying to find a replacement for the glasses that came with the DDD package. They are pretty uncomfortable. I am trying to find the best shutter glessas, if they aren't too expensive :).

Crystaleyes is having a trade in special, but they are still very expensive. They seem to help with the faded color issue. You may want to try playing with the digital vibrance in the nvidia drivers and the color settings of the set. This has helped considerably with my set. Let us know how it goes!!!

PiXeL
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
amgini
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by amgini »

I played around with the settings a bit and it look better now. I saw your post in the general discussion after I posted my reply. Those crystaleyes glasses seem like the best shutter glasses you can get right now but the price is hard to justify even at 50% off.

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”