This is a New Mythbusters’ Special

Love it or Lump it - post your feedback to individual blog posts on mtbs3D.com
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

This is a New Mythbusters’ Special

Post by PressBot »

Hello everyone!

Sorry it’s taken so long to get a new blog out. I was in California for the past week on business, and as usual, there’s always something new cooking at MTBS.

I’d like to share with you an experience that made me feel a bit surprised because I take MTBS’ public image very seriously.

I’m not going to name names, but a leader in the S-3D industry met with me at Siggraph 2007. While he was happy to learn about MTBS, he purposely did not sign up or participate with our site because he thought MTBS was a subsidiary of iZ3D. He was stunned when I explained to him that I don’t work for iZ3D. His next question was "then, who do you work for?"

When I said "myself, MTBS is my business", the whole conversation took on a more relaxed, positive tone.

Just today, I got an email from a valued member who was talking about opportunities in the S-3D industry, and how "your monitor" can be used in other markets. It’s not MY monitor!

Let me go on record and say that MTBS is not a subsidiary of iZ3D. iZ3D is a valued sponsor, and MTBS is owned and operated by Neil Schneider Productions Inc. - my company. All content, business relationships, and business decisions are finalized by MTBS - and only MTBS.

While I won’t name names, prior to launching MTBS, I went through company A, B, C, and iZ3D was "D" before a sponsorship deal was formed. From the day of launch, the site has stated in the FAQ section that we are non-proprietary, and all S-3D manufacturers and providers are welcome to participate. Our current certification standards are completely based on NVIDIA drivers, and do not yet take iZ3D drivers into account.

The reason this impression has been circulating in the industry is because other S-3D solutions need to go to bat for their products and their industry, and help their customers along by participating with MTBS. Even though MTBS represents the industry by backing a standard that serves everyone, everyone needs to equally back the industry.

If you don’t yet see your favorite provider participating with MTBS, it’s not because we have turned them away. They have as much right to participate with MTBS as everyone else. Actually, it’s not a right, it’s a customer service obligation.

Post your comments here[/b]!

Read full article...

Return to “MTBS Editorial User Remarks”