Dlp projector and nvidia steroscopic drivers problem

rusty
One Eyed Hopeful

Dlp projector and nvidia steroscopic drivers problem

Post by rusty »

I have just bought Benq mp721,one of the projectors that are capable of projecting image with 85hz and known for very good performance with shutter glasses;I wanted to use this with my edimensional wired glasses;normally in nvidia general stereo lap there is possibility to choose stereo type eg.anaglyph,3pin vesa connect,ddc vga etc. and when I entered nvidia general stereo menu when using projector (the same computer of course) I couldnt chose anythying but anaglyph;.Whats wrong?I must assume that I dont have my glasses conected at the moment,but still on my LCD monitor I have these all options.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Dlp projector and nvidia steroscopic drivers problem

Post by Likay »

try reverting back to 91.31 forceware/stereocombo. For the 162.50 stereodriver you sometimes need to do a pinmod (remove/bend away the ddc data pin) to make the graphiccard accept the monitor as stereocompatible. I'm looking up a way to do this with the iz3d and older nvidiadrivers myself right now.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
rusty
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rusty »

Hmm,the problem is that I can't install 91.31 driver;at the begining of installation i get message that it can't find any hardware that match this drivers or somethying like that.Is 91.31 incompatibile with directx 9.0c or what?And could anyone that uses dlp projector and shutter glasses with succes post what driver combo dos he use?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Strange, a 7000 series of card (saw your other thread) should be supported by the 91.31 drivers. I believe you can go up a few revisions to maybe the 97.94 without need of pinmod.
Have you tried Drivercleaner to get rid of all rests from earlier versions of drivers? Try that as well and make a fresh install with the ones you want to try.
rusty
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rusty »

Yes,yes,yes-I have just made them work with 93.81 combo drivers.Thank for help very much!The result is mindblowing-huge 3d screen,very little ghosting although I have tried the thing only with Morrowind and my stereoscopic pictures;now I have a problem with my 4-years old son who loves to play World of Goo and this drivers give me a black screen when trying to turn this game on.I dont know is it possible to make two system configurations,each with different drivers.Anyway,thanks once more a lot.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

If i'm not wrong the world of goo game is a 2d-game. It's new but it uses only directdraw, not 3d-rendering. You'll probably have to turn stereo off for that game.
4'year old son playing world of goo btw? Do we have a new Einstein coming? :D It's really a great choice of entertaining though. :D

:thumbs up:
rusty
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rusty »

Ok,I heve menaged to play World of Goo with this drivers by using a trick-for a second I change to window mode with alt + enter then go back and everything is fine (i found this one on forum of this game)-so I dont have to reinstall drivers for my Einstein -the only thing that differs them is moustache :D .But what is on my mind that when playing games with my wired ed and dlp projector i have swaped eyes (left for right)I I cant change it with software.I have read that I could do so with ed activator but it only changes left for right in interleaved mode,not pageflipping (only stereo on/resync and stereo off option there).There is hardware option but it is expensive.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Ok. Might have mistaken with the world of goo game but i read somewhere and got the impression it's a 2d-game though.
One solution to eye swap and shutters might be wearing the glasses upside down.. :P
Though it's good to hear he doesn't wear a moustache. :D

Cheers!
rusty
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rusty »

yeach,I now of upside down but it sucs unlees I am unable to wear my nose this way too and I my find that tricky one
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Likay wrote:Ok. Might have mistaken with the world of goo game but i read somewhere and got the impression it's a 2d-game though.
You are NOT mistaken, its 2D, seems to be Vector Rendering.
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

rusty
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rusty »

Ok,so i finally have done this with e-d activator (I belive) by turning it on and of a few times on page flipping mode and than I run game and it was correct,just briliant!I have tested with one game "Morrowind" so I only hope it will work with other games.Many thanks to everyone.
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

6 months later...

hi rusty,

just make an eye-sync-swapper from this DIY topic:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4661" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

else try the hotkey solution mentioned there for older nvidia drivers.

If you want to try drivers 162.50, install both driver and stereo driver and then run regedit and browse to:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D]

Then set ShowAllViewerTypes to ffffffff

It might not work for you but it's worth a try.

Return to “General Hardware & Software Technical Support”