Nvidia 7600 with windows xp

Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Nvidia 7600 with windows xp

Post by Dom »

Hi I have edimensional stereo glasses and a dlp projector for 3d gaming. Also my cpu is a core duo pentium with 2 gigs of ram. I have an Nvidia 7600gs video card with drivers Ver. Forceware 91.31 and Stereo Ver. 91.31. I know I need to have my processor limited to one core for this version of Forceware 91.31 so I enable it correctly with msconfig and edit the boot.ini drop menu to 1 cpu. I know this question was listed before since I have read most posts but not now. I have tryed to install Nhancer because I remember it being one program that specifies limit cores to 1 when 2 is enabled at game .exe launch. The problem I am having, is the main reason I installed the latest Nhancer installer and it won't run unless newer forceware drivers are installed. The reason is so I can have 2 cores running so I don't need to reboot in order to set up 1 and or 2 cores. I also have slow downs on my whole system even just guiding my mouse around for emailing and internet browsing on 1 cpu. I like to multitask with many windows open too and I might be adding another monitor to have a bigger desktop. Is there other programs that can specify nvidia graphics cooperation with "cpu id" "0, 1" like Nhancer maybe coolbits. I seen some command path settings used and I got them to kind of work but not with my 7600gs card. I also tryed to install newer drivers like 160.50 forceware and along with stereo 160.50 cause they said this problem was away, but do not display stereo and are errored. Is there an older version of Nhancer that specifically works with earlier drivers? :P
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
wuhlei
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Nvidia 7600 with windows xp

Post by wuhlei »

That is strange I never had any slow downs with 1 core xp like that before. Im using version 163 now and its working fine in stereo with 2 cores. Whats your specs and did you install the xp patch for your cpu?
Albert Einstein
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
relaxman

Post by relaxman »

why dont use 162.50 drivers? i never had to disable one core.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

after rebooting a few 10 times i got both cores and an older version of nhancer, but I still cannot use the newer 162.50 drivers. It seems since nvidia lost support for older 3d graphics cards with windows xp most 7 and 6 series cards are obsolete now. I am going to look into getting a 400 dollar quadro nvidia card to that may help, I need the workstation card anyway just have to pick one out.

hey sorry about the wait on the specs and such I lost track of time and 12 hours infront of the computer troubleshooting passes fast. My specs by the way are core duo 1.7 ghz intel, foxconn motherboard, 2 creative labs audio, x-fi and sb z-2s, nvidia 7600gs, windows xp sp3, 3 hd drives, dlp projector and nec lcd monitor ect...

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
relaxman

Post by relaxman »

i have a passive 7600GT card, works with 162.50 with dualcore WITHOUT any problem.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

The worst problem with the 162.50 driver is that it sometimes show anaglyph as the only valid option. The only way as i know is to do a pinmod of the vga-cable thus disabling monitordetection. Otherwise from that 162.50 besides 91.31 are the "old schoolie" drivers that works best for me.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
wuhlei

Post by wuhlei »

relaxman wrote:why dont use 162.50 drivers? i never had to disable one core.
I think you have to disable a core with intel.
Albert Einstein
relaxman

Post by relaxman »

i have e5200 at 3.3ghz (with passive cooling!) and before e2160, never had problem
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Occasionally running a 7900gt with an intel e6600 "old schoolie" way with dual projectors. Using 91.31 i have to disable one core but for the 162.50 it runs fine with both enabled.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Yes you stereomen are lucky. Ever since I got my 3d glasses I never could get 162.50 drivers to work so I just left 91.31. The down side they don't process any newer 2009 games. Right now I can have both my projector and montor enabled on clone and have 1st display as projector and stereo works this way, I like it. I should be able to upgrade if I choose too. Adding new stuff is the best. I also think certain drivers only work for certain video cards is this true? Since the drivers are beta mostly and experimental.

Cyberia on Youtube

wuhlei

Post by wuhlei »

I think the 162 stereo drivers works with some newer video drivers.
Albert Einstein
relaxman

Post by relaxman »

162.50 and even 163.71 forceware works with the 162.50 stereo.
the only downside is that i cannot use my Zalman via DVI, only anaglyph (and the CRT clone trick, but then i havent overlay videos
at Zalman, because the firs display is a CRT, which i switch off :) )

i know thip topic is about XP, but i found this for Win7:
GeForce_Stereoscopic_3D_Zalman_driver_v185.85.exe

so maybe this will be my solution, to use Zalman correctly via DVI? :roll:

Return to “General Hardware & Software Technical Support”