S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

da_giz
Two Eyed Hopeful

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Post by da_giz »

Hi,

I just got my 22" iZ3D and I love it!

I played Stalker yesterday for a couple of hours and it ran pretty well. Only problem I had was that all the UI was not visible in 3D, had to switch to 3D everytime I had to read something or checked someones belongings.

Also when in 2D the front screen displays huge boxes so the game looks like with a lot of huge pixels in it.
This is only visible in 2D with the glasses on. When i take of the glasses or switch into 3D it's gone. Wouldn't be a problem if I wouldn't have to switch to 2d to read the UI.

iZ3D have Stalker in their list of supported games but I can't find it in the profiles.txt, so I'm wondering if anyone else has tested this game on an iZ3D.

I have the latest Geforce driver and iZ3D Driver 1.02 installed.
Geforce 7800 GT OC
AMD Athlon XP 3700+
Win XP

Anyone any ideas?
Please tell me someone he is running Stalker perfectly in 3D :)

thanks,
giz
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

I played stalker on CRT with Nvidia drivers. It worked well, although you had to disable post processing and advanced lighting or wathever it is called.

I loved it, great depth and popout, crosshair worked, Hud (= UI?) always on screen depth, Map and inventory readable, no graphical anomalies - except wrong textures at the beginning. They disapear after moving a little - so that they get loaded and calculated again. On top of that it ran very fluently with the disabled things.

With 3D enabled I barely noticed the absence of the advanced lighting and so on...

If you want you could try the Nvidia Driver (and Dragons Utility). This should work on your 7900 :wink:
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
da_giz
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by da_giz »

I played yesterday again and the problem with the huge pixels didn't appear anymore, guess that was just happening because I was playing around with the settings. Because that was when it actually started.

Played Stalker with Nvidia and shutterglasses before, too. But I have to say that the monitor with it's own drivers is a huge step up from that.

3D wise everything in the game is just perfectly fine, it's only the UI that is messed up.
Actually I hadn't even checked the post processing but that should still be disabled from when I played with Shutterglasses. I will check this weekend, perhaps that was the problem.

Crosshair works fine in 3D and when I walked by 2 crosses from graves, with one having the gas mask still hanging over it, on top of a hill yesterday that was just an amazing scene in 3D :)
Great game for 3D, it's just the UI I have to check out to get working properly.

Wouldn't switch back to shutterglasses though :)

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”