162.50 8800GTX graphics glitch

micronaut
One Eyed Hopeful

162.50 8800GTX graphics glitch

Post by micronaut »

Hi,

I have a BFG 8800GTX running the 162.50 drivers. The nvidia stereo test application has corrupt graphics, with fuzzy black squares appearing around shaded areas of the image. The medical test image and directx diagnostics spinning cube tests all work fine.

I am using ELSA 3D LCD shutter glasses on xp sp2 on a single 19" CRT at 1024x768 @ 120hz.

Has anybody else experienced these graphic errors on an 8800 card?

I have attempted to run Fear and Farcry, but Fear has lots of corrupt graphics and Farcry runs to the ubisoft logo and the system locks up.

Thanks for any assistance anybody can provide.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Progress! :lol:

The NVIDIA drivers have had very limited success with 8XXX series cards. The industry is picking up steam, so I'm looking forward to some improvements there.

If you are using LCD shutterglasses, it may pay to buy a 6 or 7 series card until NVIDIA cleans things up. Or, you can get an iZ3D monitor with their proprietary drivers, and those are 100% compatible with 8800 series cards. They also support post processing effects.

Regards,
Neil
micronaut
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by micronaut »

Neil wrote:Progress! :lol:

The NVIDIA drivers have had very limited success with 8XXX series cards. The industry is picking up steam, so I'm looking forward to some improvements there.

If you are using LCD shutterglasses, it may pay to buy a 6 or 7 series card until NVIDIA cleans things up. Or, you can get an iZ3D monitor with their proprietary drivers, and those are 100% compatible with 8800 series cards. They also support post processing effects.

Regards,
Neil
Thanks for the reply. I'll continue to test drivers from your site on my BFG 8800GT card. I used to run elsa revelator glasses for years on geforce 3 and 6800 series.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”