Blue screen HELP!!!

Seanicy
One Eyed Hopeful

Blue screen HELP!!!

Post by Seanicy »

I am currently getting a blue screen right after I quit a game. HAWX, I just bought yesterday and all was well after install and playing it in 3D was amazing. I never had an issue with the screen saver from windows when playing a game and yesterday while playing HAWX the screen saver tried to turn on and I got a message saying "Windows screen saver can not activate" right when that happened HAWX minimized to a window and when I tried to restore the game the sound was all screwed up and the stereo driver was not responding. The stereo driver was on b/c I could see the dialog box with the game rating and could adjust the depth and save configuration. So now I am stuck with no 3D with the stereo driver on and working. My current drivers are display= 182.08 stereo= 182.08
All of my other drivers are working properly and this happened when the screen saver tried to turn on. This never happened with any other game GTA4, Left 4 Dead, Assassins Creed, Burnout Paradise. All of these games while playing never had an issue with the screen saver never even tried to turn on. If anyone knows what is going on here please shine some light on this for me. I am thinking it is a driver problem and probably will install an earlier version of display/stereo drivers later. I did not have time to check if any other game was doing the same thing.
Phenom II 965 @3.8Ghz
OCZ AMD BE DDR3 @1600Mhz
MSI 790FX-GD70
EVGA 9800GXT+
Corsair HX850
NZXT Tempest Case
Mitsubishi 60735 3D Ready DLP
Nvidia 3D Vision
Seanicy
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Blue screen HELP!!!

Post by Seanicy »

It turns out while I am at work my girlfriend is at home playing Burnout and HAWX. She tried burnout first and it worked flawlessly in S3D. HAWX on the other hand started up fine with the Nvidia 3D compatibility message in the bottom right corner saying it was unrated. There was also no 3D effect but you can change the depth which is kind of weird. That said she quit the game and when she did she got the blue screen of death! Can some one confirm that this is in fact a driver issue or not?
Phenom II 965 @3.8Ghz
OCZ AMD BE DDR3 @1600Mhz
MSI 790FX-GD70
EVGA 9800GXT+
Corsair HX850
NZXT Tempest Case
Mitsubishi 60735 3D Ready DLP
Nvidia 3D Vision

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”