"Upgrading" to a geforce 7 series - comments welcome

crim3
Certif-Eyed!

"Upgrading" to a geforce 7 series - comments welcome

Post by crim3 »

(I open this one to avoid insistently going off topic on the other thread)
Borg_Rootan wrote:Best choice is 7800GT Extreme, maybe 7800GTX ( I have GT Extreme only)
I'm right now aiming for a 7800GS+. I'd like to get an AGP card so I don't need to change the whole system. But, as AGP cards are less common people is bidding for them like crazy.

On the other side, it seems that I could get a pci-e 7 series card for a lot less money but then I have to change in cascade the motherboard, processor, etc. Something that in fact I want to do. My only concern is that maybe later, when finally I can have stereo drivers for my 3d visor on modern videocards (with iz3d, nvidia or whatever) and want to buy the latest thing in graphic hardware, then the interface could have changed again and I have to buy a new system again.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
rogerharris
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: "Upgrading" to a geforce 7 series - comments welcome

Post by rogerharris »

I saw 10 7600GT AGP from germany in ebay for £80 as buy it now.
FIRST RIG:
Nvidia 6200 grafix + Shutter glasses
Optoma EP719 projector
Hitachi 21" CRT + Fresnel
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Re: "Upgrading" to a geforce 7 series - comments welcome

Post by crim3 »

(I couldn't find those cards from Germany)

I have just ended my safari session at ebay and finally I went for cheap. I found a 7600 gt agp with 0 bids for 20 €. None else has placed a bid. :) I really wanted to try to put a 7900 in my PC and see what happens, but this one was too cheap to let is pass. Minimum upgrade for minimum price, not a very bad business in my opinion... I guess..... I hope so. :? Well, anyway, I'll post the 'before and after' benchmarks for general information once it's here.

I hope in the future I will be able to just go to my favorite shop and buy a new video card and forget these difficult days of missing 3d drivers. :evil:
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”