HELP NEW TO 3D!!!

Seanicy
One Eyed Hopeful

HELP NEW TO 3D!!!

Post by Seanicy »

I recently bought a Mitsubishi 3d-ready DLP and a AMD Dual Core 3.2GHz OCed Gaming PC w/SLi 2X9500GT 1GB, 4GB RAM, Seagate 500GB HD with Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit. I am looking into buying the Tridef package which comes with software and 2 pairs of LCD shutter glasses (For the price tag $150). I am very new to the whole 3d experience. Basically i'm trying to figure out what drivers or forceware i will need to run the stereo 3d on my PC. I do know the Tridef package comes with drivers. I cannot give you current drivers installed on the PC yet b/c I have not recieved it yet :( If anyone has a simular setup and if it is working great for you please let me know what drivers/forceware your are using and a link for me to get them.

Thanks in advance, The New to 3D Guy :?:
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: HELP NEW TO 3D!!!

Post by Likay »

Hi and welcome!
I would love to help but 3d-ready tv's are not really my desk. :D
I guess someobody will give some good tips though.
Enjoy your stay! :)
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Welcome to the forum. I don't think you need any special forceware drivers to get stereo working using the TriDef drivers. You should be able to install the latest video drivers for your card and use those. I don't own a 3D-ready TV so I am not sure about that though. Hope that helps.
Neil

Post by Neil »

The only thing is I wouldn't expect SLI to work. You will probably have to turn that functionality off.

Regards,
Neil
Seanicy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Seanicy »

So computers running in SLI mode cannot display S3D? I just bought this computer for gaming purposes and it has 2X Nvidia Gforce 9500 GT 1GB cards. Now i'm a console gaming freak and am now trying to step into a new dimention litteraly. I basically want one card to handle PhysX and the other card everything else. If one card can produce S3D why not 2 cards. I want TRUE HD 3D, hence the beefy cards.

I'm only buying the Tridef software because they have a package that costs $150 from EBAY and it come with the Tridef software and 2 pairs of wireless LCD shutters and IR emitter. My big concern is how do I get my games to play on the PC in S3D without buying the special 3D drivers they sell off DDD site for $4.99, not to mention they have a very limited list of supported games. I've read so much and nothing really explains anything about the drivers. Take Nvidia Gforce 3D Vision for example, how do you get a game you want to play to play in S3D? Ok drivers for your card and the S3D driver right? Ok i'm buying Tridef which comes with their own drivers which is fine cause I am going to need that to convert my 2D library into 3D. But how do I get around from paying that $4.99 per driver for my games?

Any info would be greatly appriciated!!!!!
Neil

Post by Neil »

This thread may help answer some of your questions about Tridef:

http://mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2809" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However, you have additional options.

1. You can get iZ3D drivers. Their solution isn't optimized for SLI yet, though.
2. You could go with the NVISION solution. You seem very familiar with them already, what stopped you?

Regards,
Neil
Seanicy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Seanicy »

Nvidia Gforce 3D Vision is to me not worth the $$$ 200.00 per pair compared to DDD Tridef 2 pairs with coversion software and the 3D google earth feature for $150.00. So basically its out of my price range and just trying to find other solutions within my $ range. You see I just bought the PC and it has not arrived yet :cry: and i'm trying to figure everything out before it does. Also everything will be pre-loaded so I really do not want to screw things up with the wrong drivers vica versa. I'm trying to have people who have these 3D ready DLP's working with their games and moviesin S3D already so they can share their setup info (ie type of shutter glasses, software, drivers, ect.) b/c I have no idea except for the basics. If you got S3D games working with the 3D ready DLP please let me know how you got it running for example: program used if any to play the game, any download links to the software or program used, hot key layouts, any basic info would do really. Like I said i'm still new to all this.

Thanks again!
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

The iZ3D Drivers DLP output should run your PC games in 3D on that display.
But as Niel said, we are not yet optimized for SLI.

You can find our drivers, and more information here:
http://iz3d.com/download" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The DLP output comes with a 30 Day Trial for non-ATI users.

You will still need glasses though, so you still have that choice to make.
Seanicy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Seanicy »

I just found a good site http://www.bedfordbraces.com/reviews...1000review.htm which this guy breaks down the DDD's Tridef software with the Samsung brand DLP shutter glasses. He claims to have gotten Tridef's software to work on Windows Vista 64-bit in which Tridef claims to NOT support. I think I made up my mind on what shutter glasses to buy. I'm going with DDD Tridef's 3D Pack which comes with 2 pairs of LCD shutter glasses and software/drivers. I found on EBAY for $150 the package w/ also 4 3D DVD's http://cgi.ebay.com/DLP-HDTV-Wireles...3A1%7C294%3A50 But i'm still stuck on the SLI configuration, I bought my PC with that option. Can anyone let me know if I can or can NOT use SLI with S3D? Everything else I think I got under control. Thanks for all your help!
Phenom II 965 @3.8Ghz
OCZ AMD BE DDR3 @1600Mhz
MSI 790FX-GD70
EVGA 9800GXT+
Corsair HX850
NZXT Tempest Case
Mitsubishi 60735 3D Ready DLP
Nvidia 3D Vision
martinlandau
Certif-Eyed!

Post by martinlandau »

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=90172" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seanicy, many users seem to be having problems with flickering - it might be related to SLI, but seems no word from nvidia yet. nvidia have everything under one roof, if they can't make it work right with driver level access and the engineers all present, I don't think I would hold my breath for tri-def or other companies either - patience.
The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdI_sfNop8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Seanicy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Seanicy »

Ok based off of my last posts I just recieved my PC :P my rig is an AMD athlon 64X2, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HD, 2XNvidia 9500 GT 1 GB, running on Windows Vista 64-bit. I am pretty bummed right now b/c I went on NVIDIA's site to check if I am 3D vision ready and I come up short by one notch on their meter. Can I still run S-3D on my system or do I need to get Nvidia 9600 GT? I am in the proccess of downloading the 3D vision kit CD now for the drivers to check for myself. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!
Phenom II 965 @3.8Ghz
OCZ AMD BE DDR3 @1600Mhz
MSI 790FX-GD70
EVGA 9800GXT+
Corsair HX850
NZXT Tempest Case
Nvidia 3D Vision
Seanicy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Seanicy »

This is a shot of the Test screen! Help Please........edit sorry I can noy get the image up
Phenom II 965 @3.8Ghz
OCZ AMD BE DDR3 @1600Mhz
MSI 790FX-GD70
EVGA 9800GXT+
Corsair HX850
NZXT Tempest Case
Nvidia 3D Vision
Seanicy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Seanicy »

Ok so I downloaded NVIDIA"S 3D vision CD off their site and installed the S-3D drivers and got it to work with my 2X9500 GT 1GB cards with SLI enabled. I bought GTAV and installed the game and required updates. Everything works great in S-3D but for some reason GTAV is not recognizing my 2 cards that have a total of 2GB memory. I am at work right now so I can not give driver versions and what not. If anyone has any info please let me know b/c I am only playing with settings on medium and low and the game says I only have 1GB video memory. Thanks in advance!
Phenom II 965 @3.8Ghz
OCZ AMD BE DDR3 @1600Mhz
MSI 790FX-GD70
EVGA 9800GXT+
Corsair HX850
NZXT Tempest Case
Nvidia 3D Vision
Xerion
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Xerion »

Seanicy wrote:Ok so I downloaded NVIDIA"S 3D vision CD off their site and installed the S-3D drivers and got it to work with my 2X9500 GT 1GB cards with SLI enabled. I bought GTAV and installed the game and required updates. Everything works great in S-3D but for some reason GTAV is not recognizing my 2 cards that have a total of 2GB memory. I am at work right now so I can not give driver versions and what not. If anyone has any info please let me know b/c I am only playing with settings on medium and low and the game says I only have 1GB video memory. Thanks in advance!
With SLI both cards' memory need to contain the same data. So virtually you still only have 1GB video memory and this is what applications see as well. As a sidenote I wonder how much use you really get out of that much videomem performancewise on a card that's midrange at best. Apart from that I wonder why you insist on running SLI with relatively cheap cards when a single card for the same money could very well give better performance, would have more compatibility overall and (for the people on this forum) most importantly it would work with all 3D solutions. At the moment it would even work better with nvidia's own stereo solution as it seems from posts on nvidia's forums SLI still introduces problems for some people and doesn't actually help with the stereo performance yet, but I could be wrong.
Current Rig: Intel i7 920 @ 4.0GHz, 6 GB ram, Geforce GTX670 -> Nvidia 3D Vision on LG 47LM615S (interlaced, spoofing Zalman EDID) + Oculus Rift
Control Peripherals: Novint Falcon, Razer Hydra, P5 Glove, XBOX 360 Controller, Wiimote, Saitek X52 Pro (flight control system), Logitech G27 (racing wheel), Logitech G15 (keyboard), Razer Naga Molten Edition (mouse)
sportz103
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sportz103 »

You also might have problems due to your video cards SLI or not. Keep in mind that the 9500 is not known as a gaming card, in fact two of them in SLI tend to perform below that of a single 9600GT (a $100). For 3d youre gonna need a good card, if youre on a budget than an 8800GT is 100 bucks and a 9800GT is 150, both will be far better than your SLI cards now.

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”