Most compatible active shutter glasses?

rikun
One Eyed Hopeful

Most compatible active shutter glasses?

Post by rikun »

Hi,

I'm considering changing my system from my diy passive planar to active system when the new 120Hz tft's arrive. However, I'd also like my glasses to work with DLP 3-D ready tv's and applicable DLP projectors (DepthQ, etc). How compatible are different glasses with these systems? I'd imagine the only thing causing incompatibilities would be the emitter/dongle thing.

I was thinking about either the Samsung glasses or the new XpanD's if they're not super expensive. I'd need something of pretty high quality since I'm actively involved in stereoscopic film production.

Oh yeah, I'm using ATI, so Nvidia drivers aren't an option. How's the shutter output on the new iz3d betas?

Is it possible to get page flipped output from Stereophotomaker without Nvidia drivers? That would be pretty important, since I also shoot stereoscopic stills :)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Most compatible active shutter glasses?

Post by cybereality »

You may want to consider getting an Nvidia card and using the Nvidia 3D Vision glasses.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

I have to ask. I'm sure a single projector setup will please most. However, why would you throw away a system used by professional 3D movie theaters like IMAX 3D? What are you looking to gain from this new setup? What benefits are you after?

Regards,
Neil
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I think he means a planar device, not a dual projector setup.
However i have no answer about best shutters though. Myself i used E-dims on the old good time but they aren't what they used to be though. Now they're collecting dust in favor for other stereosolutions. They have served me well though. :D
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
rikun
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rikun »

Yeah, I'm not using projectors with silver screen. I'm using dual LCD's with beamsplitter bisecting the angle between them.

The beamsplitter's not very good and the whole device is big and cumbersome. The screens are old models and they bleed a lot of light, etc. And it's not very good in regular 2D use. I could get a better beamsplitter but it's gonna be pretty expensive too... And still big & heavy in my computer desk.

I'm not entirely jumping ship, currently I'm building a small field monitor based on a planar setup. I've seen the Dolby 3-D system and Xpand with DepthQ projector and they're both really good imho. And I'd like to get something that works with multiple devices (future high frequency lcd's, dlp's, etc) since I haven't yet decided which route to take. So my plan would be to buy glasses first.

Buying Nvidia would suck, since I have a brand new ATI in my computer.

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”