New Samsung DLP... need advice..

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
NOAH
One Eyed Hopeful

New Samsung DLP... need advice..

Post by NOAH »

So I finally broke down and bought the samsung HLA750 DLP specifically for use for 3d Experimentation. I've read a lot of reviews and opinions on different Shutterglasses and software. I'm just wondering what you guys are using? Would you recommend it? And Why?

Thanks,
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Re: New Samsung DLP... need advice..

Post by Freke1 »

Can You use this as a 3D monitor for the pc?
Anyway I have collected a few DLP hardware links here: http://www.3d.wep.dk/links.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here's a vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBZi1Riq1lw&NR=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Don't You have to use DDD's driver or iZ3D's?
Anthony1
Cross Eyed!

Post by Anthony1 »

I've heard the Samsung glasses are pretty good. I just ordered some myself and got them the other day. Haven't been able to try them yet, because I need to re-install Windows XP on my PC, and put a different video card in my PC. Once I do that, I should be able to test the glasses out. By just looking at the glasses, they do appear to have a good build quality. You can get them in the SSG1000 kit, which includes 1 pair of glasses, 1 emitter and some TriDef software. Supposedly the TriDef software is pretty lame. Most people are either using some Nvidia drivers or iZ3D drivers.

You can also order the glasses and emitter seperately, from samsungparts.com. The glasses are $43.76 each (something like that), and the emitter is $23.15 (I think). They also charge shipping and handling, and tax if you're in New Jersey or California.

Other people like the Elsa shutterglasses. Supposedly you can get them pretty dirt cheap. Like $18 or so. I've heard their build quality is kinda suspect. But if you want to try some shutterglasses for super cheap, not a bad option.
NOAH
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by NOAH »

Thanks for the tip. The DDD software seems pretty overpriced to me for what you get. I'd rather just order the glasses and go with nVidia or IZ3d. Especially with nVidia supposedly releasing their own glasses. I'd rather just get a cheap pair to check it out for now.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Order the glasses and try out the IZ3D Software. It has a trial period that will let you give a shot for 30 days. The TriDef software isn't that expensive depending on what you are trying to do. If you just want to try out a game or two that you currently own then it is your cheapest bet for 5 bucks a game.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
BILDO
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BILDO »

Yeah, so with tridef you gotta buy each game u wana play??

Well I checked out the sight, but no updates for newer games like LOTR Online, or Spore, or Left 4 Dead, or Call of Duty: WaW.

Does the IZ3D drives just let you play all games or how does that all work?
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

BILDO wrote:Yeah, so with tridef you gotta buy each game u wana play??

Well I checked out the sight, but no updates for newer games like LOTR Online, or Spore, or Left 4 Dead, or Call of Duty: WaW.

Yep, they might serve you better since TriDef drivers haven't been updated in a while.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

I have been calling shenanigans on the Tridef driver policy from word go.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

They hinted about changing this policy in a review a while back, but it doesn't do much good unless the drivers are opened up to support more games. But they were the only thing going for a while on DLP HDTV's so I am glad they were around. Hopefully they still will be...
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

BILDO wrote:Yeah, so with tridef you gotta buy each game u wana play??

To answer your question, we do not charge on a per-game basis for 3rd party outputs. We charge on a per-output basis. So, you would purchase our DLP driver for a one time price of $49.99, and you can play your games. There is also a 30-day trial so that you can give it a try beforehand also. Just download, install and you can try it out

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”