The Expanse - A Telltale Series (GEO-11 fix) by Rubini

Rubini
Two Eyed Hopeful

The Expanse - A Telltale Series (GEO-11 fix) by Rubini

Post by Rubini »

Hi mates!
I made another fix for The Expanse, as the one by a31632 (viewtopic.php?p=189987&hilit=telltale#p189987) isn't using the last UE4 universal fix and also (at least for me) had some flaws.
In this new fix i adjust and automated all HUd and menus. Also fix some flickering distant shadows. Using also the last Geo11 v6.182.
This fix is only for Geo11.
THE EXPANSE is a Telltale's series based on the Netflix science fiction series of the same name. It's a very refreshing science fiction set 200 years in the future, where mankind has just discovered a way to travel fast through space and has begun colonizing the solar system and extracting minerals from asteroids. It's a good plot, very plausible. Here we don't travel at light speed, we still haven't encountered aliens, etc, etc. It's very convincing.

This fix uses UE4-Universal fix 2 v 9.12 by Losti. I just adjusted it for this game, fixing a small shadow flickering at distance, the HUd and menus. I preserve all aspects of the Universal Fix, and i suggested to just install & play, dont need to mess with anything. Geo-11 was actualized for last version v6.182

Press F2 and the universal fix presents you with a OSD adjusts... but again, try to leave as they are in the fix, i already adjusted it to its best for this game. Things like autoconvergence, auto HUD, the best separation and convergence, automatic menus adjusts are on the fix.

My specs/tested on:
Win 10 Pro build 19045 nvidia driver 563.23
Passive monitor at 1920x1080, gtx 1070
direct_mode: interlaced

Fixed:
- separation and convergence automatically adjusted for game and menus
- all HUD icons
- some shadow flicker at distance

Hotkeys:
- "F2" on screen (OSD) help and adjusts at anytime (Universal fix standart). Press again to close. Don't need to change anything
- "U" hold to instant sep/conv and auto hud off if needed (also on mouse x button2 if you have an at least 5 buttons mouse)
- "O" that small shadow flicker at distance on-off. Its fixed by default, so don't need to use this one. (also on mouse x button1, same as above)
- "Shift F6" show separation and convergence (toggle)
- "F5" show FPS (toggle)

Notes:
- All video settings can be maximized
- Remember to edit "d3dxdm.ini" to manually change your "direct_mode" to the output you need
- Or run 0000_Start_GEO11.cmd that is inside the fix to adjust your "direct_mode" to the output you need (use normal start)
- use Key U or mouse Xbutton 2 (press&hold) for any time that you need a instant less convergence for eye confort

Installation :
- geo-11 only: Extract all files to .../Artemis/Binares/Win64. Remember to edit "d3dxdm.ini" to change your "direct_mode" to the output you need (direct_mode = interlaced is default here. Also note that i only tested this fix with a passive monitor, 1920x1080, win10 gtx 1070).
- Then launch the game and let it overwrite the profile if needed
- Play the game!

All kudos for Losti, without UE4 universal fix, this fix was not possible!

Download links (Helix Mod):
TheExpanse-HelixMod blog

Pics (cross-eyed):

Enjoy!
Rubini
Rubini
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: The Expanse - A Telltale Series (GEO-11 fix) by Rubini

Post by Rubini »

New version 2 of the fix with few adjusts in autoconvergence and hotkeys. HelixMod blog updated.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: The Expanse - A Telltale Series (GEO-11 fix) by Rubini

Post by Lysander »

Thanks so much!
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”