eDimensional glasses not syncing to nVidia driver

rufuz
One Eyed Hopeful

eDimensional glasses not syncing to nVidia driver

Post by rufuz »

Is it normal that I have to use the E-D Activator program to use the E-D glasses on a nVidia 7900GTX + CRT monitor?
Because my glasses wont start without it. They only get an occasional 'LCD dim', like they aren't understanding the output of the transmitter.

It can't be normal because it's interlaced with the E-D Activator, instead of full-res page flipping.

Please, some 3D glasses veteran teach me how to make it work! :cry:

BTW. I'm using nVidia driver 93.71 + 3D driver BETA 93.71. Users here seemed to have best results with those.
DFI LanParty UT nF4 SLI-D
AMD Athlon64 3200+ @ 2.61 Ghz
2x1GB Corsair XMS @ 217 Mhz
eVGA GeForce 7900GTX SC 512MB @ 690/880
2x 36GB WD Raptor 10k @ RAID-0
21" Sony E500 CRT
eDimensional Wireless 3D Glasses
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

are you using glasses with cable or wireless?

if you use wireless ones be shure that there is nothing between the irsender and the glasses and also check if the batteries are ok.

sorry if it sounds stupid, but often it happens that big problems are solved with little solutions.. :)

if you have cabled ones, than i don't know.. i have cabled ones and they work perfectly... if nobody finds the soution you should contact edimensional and ask for a replacement pair.

bye

sharky
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

if you use the wireless ones you could try when the glasses should be on, to point a cellphone camera to the ir-sender. if it is sending the signal you will see a light in the monitor of the cellphone. if there is no signal coming than probably you have a bigger problem (assuming that you have installed everything correctly)
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

rufuz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rufuz »

I'm using the wireless glasses. Thing is, they sync fine to the transmitter with the E-D Activator program (I can see 3D in nVidia's test 'box-in-front-of-box-thing' and in Descent 3), but without the E-D Activator program it just won't recieve signal from the transmitter.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a setup guide anywhere about how to configure nVidia's driver with this (or that) type of glasses. Like, what's the difference between 'DDC VGA glasses (IO Display)' and 'Direct 3-pin DIN VESA Connect' ?
21" Sony E500 CRT
rufuz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rufuz »

I narrowed this problem down to a nVidia driver error of somekind. Please see this post for continued fighting effort. :)

Moderators, please lock this thread.
21" Sony E500 CRT

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”