2023 Multi GPU set up: 4090 + 2080ti

NeIVIeSiS
Two Eyed Hopeful

2023 Multi GPU set up: 4090 + 2080ti

Post by NeIVIeSiS »

I just got my hands on a new 4090 FE to upgrade my 2080ti given that so many games are now working thanks to Neo Geo 11 and the community fixes. However, it occurred to me that instead of removing the 20180ti, I can actually leave it installed on the second slot. I had to do this anyways to update the bios to fix the 4090 black screen bug, which required a secondary GPU to be installed.

I am able to get both GPU's running, each one sending its own video signal to my monitors and VR headsets using latest NVIDIA drivers. This is not an SLI set up, each one is connected to a different monitor and would not work in tandem. The point of the 2080ti is to still run the games that have not or will not get ported to Neo Geo 11. So this can potentially tackle all games within a single computer.

However, in order to keep this set up long run and to test it more thoroughly, I need to upgrade my Power supply from 1000 watts to 1300 watts. I am concerned about underpowering the 4090 if it's under load with a secondary card installed and causing some damage. So before I drop another $600, does this sound feasible?
Has anyone tried this set up successfully?
Captain007
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: 2023 Multi GPU set up: 4090 + 2080ti

Post by Captain007 »

I have been using an Asus Strix 4090 OC and an Asus Strix 2080ti on same PC for almost a year or so with below specs:
-Asus Rampage VI Extreme X299 motherboard
-Intel CoreX 10900X CPU with Corsair H115i AIO
-Corsair DDR4 3200 32gigs RAM
-EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2 1200 watt PSU
-3 Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSDs (yes run in gen 3)
-Vive wirelsss adapter for Vive Pro 2
-PG27VQ monitor and Optoma UHD50 projector
-All air cooled with Corsair HD140 and HD120 fans connected to Corsair Commander Pro, 3 intake fans, 4 exhaust fans, 2 mid case fans, and CPU AIO has 4 fans in push pull config.
-Three Windows versions on triple boot setup

As soon as I upgraded my VR headset to Vive Pro 2 I decided 2080ti is not gonna cut it, but I was not willing to compromise my 3D Vison experience. BTW I can share my experience about Vive Pro 2 as little modding can make a huge difference between an awful headset and the best wireless headset, maybe in a separate post)
I had started my research and planning months ahead of 4090 release, the viability, pros, cons, heat, power, performance restrictions, bus speed gen limitations and so on. I could upgrade to latest Intel Z790/12900k platform, but ultimately my decision was cost to performance. It wasn't worth it. For 3D Vison we're limited to 120fps, and VR to 90fps, bottlenecking GPU with huge resolutions. I learned a lot, some interesting things, some unexpected, and some oddities along this upgrade path. It's such an unlikely setup that even researching it was challenging.

Case Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Temper Glass edition
I had to mod my case. I removed all drive bays and the IO bay, routed all IO cables back side away from view, and I freed up an isolated chamber for the gigantic Strix 4090.
4090 is installed in a vertical upright position in this empty front part of the case using a custom vertical GPU mount sold by MNPCTECH:
https://www.mnpctech.com/en-ca/products ... ng-bracket
It's connected to PCIE first slot with a riser cable. 4090 GPU power is connected via Cablemod 180 degree 12VHPWR adapter to fit the tight space. 4090 is sitting by the exhaust fans, and there are 2 mid case fans moving air from mobo chamber to this part of case, sandwiching the 4090. Angled HDMI and displayport extension cables are connected to 4090 and routed to back of case. The 2080ti is installed horizontally in third PCIE slot (according to mobo manual these slots support x16 bus speed). Both GPUs run at x16 speed.

CPU is overclocked with 2 settings. They are stored as profiles in BIOS and I can switch any time. Profile 1 for daily use - CPU is overclocked moderately to 4.5 Ghz and mesh is overclocked to 3 Ghz. Rock solid and passed hours of Prime95's toughest tests. Profile 2 for gaming - CPU overclocked to 4.8 Ghz, mesh 3 Ghz. This profile is gaming. It's rock solid in gaming but after a couple hours of Prime95 torture test it crashes. It gives an average of 8% - 10% boost in performance in CPU heavy apps.

I have Vive Wireless adapter installed on last PCIE slot; however, the slot it obstructed by 2080ti. I had to buy a flat and short slot extension cable to install the Vive wireless module.

OS1 - Windows 10 with latest updates and drivers, exclusively used for native VR gaming. No VR mods. 4090 is primary GPU, connected via HDMI. 2080ti is set as physics GPU connected via displayport. During VR gaming, I have to switch monitor input to HDMI on 4090. It's a beast. In Fallout 4 VR with moderate supersampling I used to get 25ish fps on 2080ti, but going to 4090 I get a solid 65ish fps. Average 2.5 times performance. Indoors are solid 90 fps.
Here's my first challenge that I haven't been able to solve. Windows Settings/Display/Graphics has an option to choose high performance GPU manually. However, this is designed with integrated GPUs in mind, not for 2 dedicated GPUS. So anytime I start a VR game, Windows randomly chooses whichever GPU as rendering device, regardless of what I have chosen in settings. Doesn't matter if the GPU is connected to display or not. I can be on displayport connected to 2080ti but Windows picks 4090 as rendering GPU, or vice versa. Some games have no problem with that, but some games will give you error that you're connected to wrong display. You can hear sound but no imapge. NVIDIA control panel has removed option of choosing rendering GPU. It a bit annoying but not a big deal as I haven't had to restart SteamVR more than a couple times until 4090 becomes the rendering device.

OS2 - Windows 10 1809, last official drivers, exclusively used for 3D Vision gaming on PG27VQ and Optoma UHD50, all connected to 2080ti on displayport and HDMI respectively. Maximum compatibility and support, no driver mods. 2080ti is the only GPU; driver doesn't recognize the 4090. It just shows an exclamation mark on device manager that you can ignore. You can uninstall it but when Windows restarts it shows up again. Windows update is blocked using Windows 10 Pro's Group Policy Editor, no other software or hacks are needed. If anyone wants I can share a few easy settings that permanently block Windows updates.

OS3 - Windows 10 1809, latest drivers, used for both 3D Vison and VR on 4090. This OS is for 3D gaming on 4090 using DX9 path, as well as games that require later drivers past 425 like Doom Eternal. 3D is set up with 3D Fix Manager. It's also the OS used for playing VR mods and non native VR gaming, such as Vorpx, Doom 3 VR mod etc. It's also the OS for experimenting, modding and testing stuff. 2080ti is set up as physics GPU. It suffers from same rendering device bug in Windows 10. Updates are blocked via Group Policy Editor. I could update to latest Windows if not for driver hack required for 3D functionality that risks bans.

A summary of things that I have found, tips and tricks using this kind of setup:
-Depending on your motherboard, there may be a power saving feature that runs your secondary PCIE slots in gen 1 mode. When I'm on my primary OS with 4090 as main GPU, my 2080ti is running at x16 gen 1 mode. When it gets active it switches to gen 3. This is not documented on manual. Primary slot never goes to gen 1.
-I had extensive benchmarking using 3DMark to test if there's any speed difference between first PCIE slot closest to CPU and third slot. No difference. If I had connected 4090 to third PCIE slot I would have same performance as first.
-I had lots of research into performance difference between PCIE gen 4 and gen 3. I was interested in finding what loss of performance does 4090 experience on gen 3. Short answer, if you are playing very high frame rate fast paced games, like 300+ fps, then you might experience more loss, but if you're playing low fps games in super high resolutions like in VR, difference is negligible. Overall, there's a loss of about 3% on average.
-I also tested riser cable versus GPU in slot, no difference at all
-Despite Samsung SSD980 being gen 4, it still has a slight performance edge in read speeds over SSD 970 Pro in gen 3 as benchmarked by a youtuber. Don't have the link but it came up during my research.
-If you have Corsair products such as RGB and fans, you can set them all up (speed, curves, colors etc) in Icue software and then uninstall it for good. All profiles and settings are stored in hardware Commander Pro. Icue is huge resource hog, and even better set all curves and colors before installing your Windows clean so you won't have any traces of Icue.
-You can change OS names in startup OS selection screen, so it's easier to recognize which Windows is which. You can name it like "Windows 10 - 3D Vision" etc. I can share the commands if you'd like but a quick google is faster.
-In Windows 10 1809, Display settings, there's option of "3D Display mode". If you turn it on it basically bypasses the NVIDIA 3D set up screens.
-It's crucial to study your motherboard manual to figure out what PCIE slot has what speed under what conditions. This is why I haven't moved to Z790 platform yet as the CPU and chipset PCIE lane restrictions is a joke.

There are so much more but this is all that I can remember. But I would say overall it's an amazing set up, giving you uncompromised 3D Vision experience and option of having latest drivers and updates without worrying. My plan is to skip DDR5 and PCIE gen 5 altogether and upgrade when there's a meaningful and substantial increase in performance and quality of gaming experience. I'm fine if I have at least 40 fps with all eye candy turned on lol. This system should be good for at least another 3 yrs.
NeIVIeSiS
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NeIVIeSiS »

Wow, thanks for the very comprehensive reply. It's very encouraging that you got it to work in a set up far more complex than what I anticipated, so I'll get the upgraded power supply and give it a shot today.

I don't think I'll try the multiple OS set up, but instead the latest version of Windows 11 — which is what I've been using successfully with my 2080ti and Neo Geo 11. Since I don't play MP in 3D vision, the risk of banning is not a concern for me.
I completely agree that 4090 is overkill and a poor value proposition for a 3d monitor. But my plan is for VR. I just got the Varjo Aero and in order to power that beast I need it.

My goal is to connect the Varjo and Pro Art Display to the 4090 via DisplayPort, using an 8k bi-directional switch which allows you to toggle the signal instead of feeding both displays simultaneously. And then connect the 2080ti via DisplayPort or HDMI to the Asus 3D monitor.

Hardware:
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.40 GHz
64.0 GB DDR 4
Rog Crosshair VIII Hero Wi Fi
RTX 4090
2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe
2x 4 TB 870 EVO SATA

Windows 11 64-bit

Displays:
27" Asus ROG PG278QR
32" Asus Pro Art PA32UCR-K (for work)
Varjo Aero
Meta Quest 3
Captain007
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Captain007 »

Varjo Aero is the absolute king of VR headsets right now and they recently announced the successor, for enterprise level for now. Wish they had a wireless solution. I have the Quest 2 but FOV is too small, same for Quest 3. These are the only wireless alternatives to Vive Pro 2. The FOV is huge and noticeable right away, so I'm stuck with it until a better wireless headset is released, maybe Valve Deckard :D

Forgot to mention one EXTRMELY IMPORTANT point for anyone who would like to mount GPU vertically. It's absolutely crucial to study the cooler design to ensure the cooler is not compromised in this orientation. For example 4090 Founders Edition specifically states it in the manual to not install the GPU in a position that the ports are at bottom, ie vertically. This is because the vapor chamber pipes/fins have to be protruding up or sideways for cooler to work. If they are turning downside then it renders the cooler useless.

I think its best to skip Windows 11, especially for 3D Vision. Even better to have dual boot as your system specs are pretty good and with 2 SSDs definitely worth having separate boots for VR and 3D Vison. Windows 11 is basically Windows 10 under the hood with UI changes. Windows 12 is supposed to come next year June according to leaks. Windows 10 is rock solid for gaming and runs everything smooth and I don't see Windows 11 bringing anything huge to the table for gamers. It's the cycle Windows releases have repeated for years, every other OS, good OS, then shitty OS, then good OS, so better wait for Windows 12.
NeIVIeSiS
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NeIVIeSiS »

Yeah, I think I am now considering a dual boot. I actually have 4 SSD hard drivers, 2 are 4TB SATA - so I can dedicate on of them for an older version of windows. May be Windows 7 or 10?

If possible I'd enable the 2080ti for the older OS and the 4090 as you say for VR in the newest OS.
NeIVIeSiS
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NeIVIeSiS »

Captain007 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:10 pm Varjo Aero is the absolute king of VR headsets right now and they recently announced the successor, for enterprise level for now. Wish they had a wireless solution. I have the Quest 2 but FOV is too small, same for Quest 3. These are the only wireless alternatives to Vive Pro 2. The FOV is huge and noticeable right away, so I'm stuck with it until a better wireless headset is released, maybe Valve Deckard :D

Forgot to mention one EXTRMELY IMPORTANT point for anyone who would like to mount GPU vertically. It's absolutely crucial to study the cooler design to ensure the cooler is not compromised in this orientation. For example 4090 Founders Edition specifically states it in the manual to not install the GPU in a position that the ports are at bottom, ie vertically. This is because the vapor chamber pipes/fins have to be protruding up or sideways for cooler to work. If they are turning downside then it renders the cooler useless.

I think its best to skip Windows 11, especially for 3D Vision. Even better to have dual boot as your system specs are pretty good and with 2 SSDs definitely worth having separate boots for VR and 3D Vison. Windows 11 is basically Windows 10 under the hood with UI changes. Windows 12 is supposed to come next year June according to leaks. Windows 10 is rock solid for gaming and runs everything smooth and I don't see Windows 11 bringing anything huge to the table for gamers. It's the cycle Windows releases have repeated for years, every other OS, good OS, then shitty OS, then good OS, so better wait for Windows 12.
I am going to do a dual boot, but how are you able to get an ISO of Windows 10 1809? It's no longer available in the MS website. They only offer 22H2. Can it be rolled back?
NeIVIeSiS
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NeIVIeSiS »

Actually, I found an image for download. Hoping that is safe. I'll leave the link here for future reference in case anyone else needs it. If I run into any issues I'll post here as well.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 75d405275e
Captain007
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Captain007 »

I used to download every new ISO image of Windows 10 from Microsoft after every major release once it was verified by community to be working with 3D Vision. I always thought in back of my mind 3D Vision will break eventually so better be safe and keep official copy. I stopped at 1903 :)
Though those sites are perfectly safe but I just wanted to be extra cautious. I kinda kept updating stuff this way from original sources every time something updated. OS, drivers, patches, stuff like that.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

Nice I was searching for Infos about this because this is my plan for 2024 so much thanks for the Information!!
NeIVIeSiS
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NeIVIeSiS »

3DNovice wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:54 pm I bought a CD from Newegg for $10 that had 1809 on it, since when I finally moved to W10, Microsoft's site no longer had it.

FWIW, I have a Rampage 3 Extreme that I used to use for gaming using a Nvidia GPU for 3D Vision and an AMD GPU for Tri-Def, it had switches on the motherboard that allowed
PCIe lanes to be turned off. I wanted to try LucidLogix software to see how well they would work together, but never got around to it.

I looked for such a board on my last build but could not find one. It's good to know that a workaround is available, thanks to Captain007. I'll have check
if my Motherboard supports the power saving feature that runs your secondary PCIE slots in gen 1 mode.

It's too bad Windows 10 Hybrid SLI never panned out. The same with LucidLogix Hybrid solutions.

The only time I tried SLI was Nvidia's Hybrid SLI with a GTX 7500 with a motherboard that had built in Nvidia nForce2 Southbridge GPU
https://www.nvidia.com/content/hsli/con ... _Guide.pdf

Years later in 201, Nvidia offered in on their Tesla Scientific GPUs in tandem with a Quadro
https://www.anandtech.com/show/5094/nvi ... hing-today

But unfortunately, two GPUs are pretty much useless nowadays, since DirectX 12 and Vulkan both rely on mGPU. mGPU requires that the game Engine and Develioper implement
SLI/CrossFire support.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh3-018
https://developer.nvidia.com/explicit-m ... directx-12

Rampage 3 Extreme.jpg

The four switches are by the CMOS reset button, top leftish
I used SLI basically since it came out, and I tended to buy midrange cards. The first one I'd buy in the current gen, and then I'd buy a second after prices came down after a new gen was introduced. This ended up being cheaper and more powerful than buying a single top end graphics card....at the time. My current motherboard is a a ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (wi fi) which supports SLI.

This actually just came in very handy for installing both the 4090 RTX and the 2080 TI on the same system. I am done with the set up and everything is working.

I ended up doing a dual boot as recommended by captain on different hard drives. One is Windows 10 1809. I used the disk image linked above and then my own CD key. On this I set up the 2080 ti as the card using the recommended NVIDIA driver from 3DFixManager. Everything works great so far. I intend to use this to play DX9 games. It is connected via HDMI 2.1 to my Asus 27" 3D vision monitor as a single display. I disabled the 4090 in device manager, since the 2080ti is more than enough for DX9 games.

Then as the primary OS I have windows 11 latest version with latest Nvidia drivers. I will use this for VR and Geo 11 games that require a lot more horsepower, such as Cyberpunk. For that I would install the driver hack only if I am currently playing a 3d vision game. And uninstall as needed since it does make Nvidia control panel a bit janky. I tend to play 1 game at a time until I beat it so this is a good flow for me. To this set up I have connected the VR headset to the 4090 via 1 display port. Then via another display port I have connected both my 32" work monitor, and the Asus 3d vision monitor by means of a display switch. I don't run them at the same time, I just toggle them via the switch.

So far everything is running great. I also decided to return the Varjo Aero. I must say, it is indeed rather hyped up and the extra resolution is trivial when you consider that most VR games are low poly and have crappy textures. It also has an annoying red shift on the left eye which after some research is a design flaw and not a defective unit. I had already returned the Pimax Crystal because it was so janky and would stop working randomly. So I might try next the BigScreen Beyond or save for the new Varjo XR-4. I tried the Pico 4 too, which was great for the price but the Quest 3 is just better. The Quest 3 does 85% of visual of the Aero and everything else is way better, as long as you upgrade that facial gasket.

I also got myself the Kat Walk Core + VR treatmill and will be testing that. I just put it together over the weeked.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain007
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Captain007 »

Here's a list of parts I had to get to mount GPU vertically:

1 - GPU Vertical Mount on a 120MM fan slot:
MNPCTECH 40 SERIES Stage 2 GPU mount
https://www.mnpctech.com/en-ca/products ... ng-bracket

2 - GPU riser cable - Phanteks PH-CBRS_PR60 – 600mm Premium Shielded High-Speed Technology PCI-E 3.0 x16 Riser Cable, 90o Adapter
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07H7M ... =UTF8&th=1

3 - Cablemod custom sleeved 12VHPWR to 4 X 8 pin PCI-E adapter cable, through configurator on their site

4 - 180 degree 12VHPWR angled adapter
Initially I got the one from Cablemod, but as reports of burnt 4090s piled up, I removed and got - Thermal Grizzly WireView GPU, 1x 12VHPWR - Reverse
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0C6HVV85V?psc ... ct_details

5 - ADT-Link Dual 90Degree Right Angle PCIe 3.0 x1 to x1 Extension Cable R11SL-TL 8G/BPS High Speed PCI Express 1x Riser Card Ribbon Extender - to connect HTC Vive Wireless adapter PCI-E card on the slot that is obscured by the Strix 2080ti
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07T9M ... =UTF8&th=1

6 - Kework 2ft DisplayPort 8K Extension Cable, 90 Degree Right Angle DisplayPort Male to DisplayPort Female Extender Ultra HD Cable, DP 1.4 Version Extension Adapter Cord, 8K@60HZ (Right Angle M/FM) - to extend the DisplayPort of 4090 to the back of case
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B15 ... =UTF8&th=1

7 - 8K 90 Degree HDMI Cable,Gelrhonr Ultra High Speed 48Gbps Up Angled HDMI 2.1 Extension Cable Support 8K@60HZ 4K@120HZ HDCP 3D,Compatible with UHD TV, Blu-ray, PS3/4(0.6M) (Up Male/Female) - to extend the 4090 HDMI to the back of case
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08MCZ ... =UTF8&th=1

8 - As I'll be switching the DisplayPorts between 4090 and 2080ti, to protect the ports from damage I got this mini extension - Poyiccot 8K Displayport 1.4 Adapter, Displayport Extender Adapter, Displayport Male to Female Adapter, DP 1.4 Adapter Compatible for DP Cable Extension and Transfer,2Pack
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09NBY ... =UTF8&th=1

9 - Fan bracket that holds 2 additional fans in the middle of case for better airflow - Carlote Chassis Cooling Fan Conversion Adapter Bracket Holder for Computer Case Heatsink Gadget Accessories 120 to 140 240 to 280 360 to 420
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08XXL ... =UTF8&th=1

10 - Fan bracket that further secures the fans - Maxmoral 1-Pack Dual Fan Mount Rack PCI Slot Bracket for Video Card DIY Support 9cm/12cm Fan Computer Radiator Holder
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07N3T ... =UTF8&th=1

11 - Fan splitter, to control the two mid case fans with identical RPM, they are same model, corsair HD140 - Noctua NA-SYC1, 4 Pin Y-Cables for PC Fans (Black)
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00KG8 ... UTF8&psc=1

12 - The vertical GPU mount needed to be shifted just a bit to right to leave room for the mid case fans and better room for Strix 2080ti, so I got these brackets to shift the GPU mount to right from original mounting spot on fan slot. As the brackets would get a bit tilted with the weight of 4090, I also had to add extra washers on the other end bottom to compensate for the tilt.
KINBOM 16pcs Straight Bracket, 1.6x0.6inch Black Flat Brace Brackets Stainless Steel Straight Corner Brace Mending Plate Bracket with Screws for Repairing Wood Furniture
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0B6HP ... UTF8&psc=1

13 - Screws to fix the shift brackets to fan slot from bottom of case - Hard-to-Find Fastener 014973174002 174002 Machine Screw, 6-32 x 1-1/2", Black, 20
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B008RN ... =UTF8&th=1

14 - Hex nuts for fastening screws - Hard-to-Find Fastener 014973123710 Hex Nuts, 6-32, Piece-25
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00L1L ... UTF8&psc=1

15 - Some rubber o rings to avoid scratches and tighening scews from damaging anything - uxcell Nitrile Rubber O-Rings 7mm OD 3mm ID 2mm Width, Metric Sealing Gasket for Automotive Machine Plumbing, Pack of 200
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07GJM ... UTF8&psc=1

I'll see if I can post a picture so you can get an idea.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain007
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Captain007 »

So just a quick update, about the GPU bug that I mentioned in my original post above (that rendering GPU is randomly selected in a dual GPU system whenever SteamVR is launched). I did some further testing, and found this issue is isolated and only affecting Vive Wireless Adapter. All other games and apps function as expected. The game uses the GPU that the monitor is connected to as the rendering device, just the way its supposed to.

Now about Vive Wireless Adapter, it emulates the headset being connected to GPU by displayport, and the software is not capable of recognizing or choosing which GPU the current monitor is connected to, so it just randomly emulates being attached to either of the GPUs. This issue can be mitigated in latest Windows 22H2 by enabling Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling in Graphics settings. After that it functions normally and always uses the GPU that the monitor is attached to. But since Windows 1809 doesn't have Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling setting, it doesn't work and you'll see SteamVR using GPUs randomly.

In other words, you can completely ignore this issue in my original post coz it won't affect you, unless you are using Vive Wireless Adapter and using it on 1809 Windows 10. So far so good with this set up and very happy I went through the upgrade.

A quick note, sometimes you'll see game settings that have the option of choosing rendering device, as example PCSX2 and RPCS3. I can choose 4090 as rendering device on PCSX3 while displaying it on monitor connected to 2080ti and it works just fine. RPCS3 on the other hand gives error so you have to change rendering device to the GPU that monitor is on. So it depends on game as well. Interesting stuff coz its a rare type of system and not much experience on info around this kind of set up.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”