Star Citizen

mikear69
One Eyed Hopeful

Star Citizen

Post by mikear69 »

I was of the belief that StarCitizen was Vulkan only, but I have been running it in DX11 CM mode, using Helifax's CM Unleashed and it looks pretty good (I would attach images but don't know how to). However, when not in CM mode, anything except the hud does not render correctly, everything is "black". However, given that game is running in DX11 mode for CM, I was wondering if there is some hope of finding an nvidia profile that might enable correct rendering of "proper 3d" and hence a subsequent 3D Migoto fix, or some other known driver tweak etc. 3DMigoto even dumped about 500 shaders (PS, VS, CS). I tried to hook in the Vulkan wrapper of Helifax but it does not work yet. Has anyone else had any luck?
Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Re: Star Citizen

Post by Lizzard »

Really nice to hear from you Mike! Last time I heard from you if i remember correctly you had to focus on studies? How did it go?
Share our love for stereoscopic gaming in VR
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... /playlists :anaglyph
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... 5lw/videos :anaglyph
֍ Win 10:21H1 ֍ 251.48 ֍ RTX2080 ֍ i9 9900k ֍ Benq1070 ֍ Samsung S27A950D, Odyssey+ ֍ LG 49UF8509 ֍ FujifilmW3 ֍
mikear69
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikear69 »

Lizzard wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:45 pm Really nice to hear from you Mike! Last time I heard from you if i remember correctly you had to focus on studies? How did it go?
Hi thank you, I am impressed that you remember that, its been a few years :-) Study is all done and dusted, but my gaming activities never fully 'recovered' afterwards. Still play in 3D though, when I do. I fixed Amalur Re-reckoning the other week, it brought back memories, and it looks nice :-) I also lurk around a bit to keep up with who is doing what.

With Star Citizen though, I am assuming that it's not possible to find a profile - I spent hours tweaking to no avail. It's odd that CM mode works so well (and good performance), so I think I will stick with that.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Good to hear from you mate. Glad everything seems to be going well.
I kind of gave up on star citizen after all the ptw ship crap they pulled after my intial backing. So I havent even tried for ages.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

mikear69 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:47 am I fixed Amalur Re-reckoning the other week...
Wait, what? So the remaster now has a fix???
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
mikear69
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikear69 »

Necropants wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:25 pm Good to hear from you mate. Glad everything seems to be going well.
I kind of gave up on star citizen after all the ptw ship crap they pulled after my intial backing. So I havent even tried for ages.
I hear ya, I go back every so often. I consider my $70 'investment' long lost sunk cost now, but if Squadron 42 ever does come out it will be a bonus. Does look nice in 3D though, cockpits are really good and flying near things like asteroids looks impressive. I played a lot of X-Rebirth in 3D (and X4 in 2D) so I like these kinds of games.
Lysander wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:20 pm
mikear69 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:47 am I fixed Amalur Re-reckoning the other week...
Wait, what? So the remaster now has a fix???
Yeah, I was thinking of posting it, but I'm no way near completion of the game, so there might be a lot of shaders missing in maps I have not been to yet. Maybe I'll post it as an alpha release in this Forum, and other people can test it.
Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lizzard »

mikear69 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:47 am Hi thank you, I am impressed that you remember that, its been a few years :-) Study is all done and dusted, but my gaming activities never fully 'recovered' afterwards. Still play in 3D though, when I do. I fixed Amalur Re-reckoning the other week, it brought back memories, and it looks nice :-) I also lurk around a bit to keep up with who is doing what.

With Star Citizen though, I am assuming that it's not possible to find a profile - I spent hours tweaking to no avail. It's odd that CM mode works so well (and good performance), so I think I will stick with that.
Yeah of course. Every time a shader hacker left or gone off the radar we all felt it. It was also exciting when DJ-RK returned to help again. It was bad enough when Losti said he couldnt focus on shader hacking anymore. And also sad to see someone like ForeverAwake who always got to these very exotic indie games not return. You guys have done some really impressive things! This community doesnt have a heart without you guys. Im pretty sure many other lurkers feel the same but arent as outspoken. Dont want to make a list of all the other influential guys here cause there are many talented cogs in this stereoscopic machine that needs recognition. We just dont always say it. These past few years have been much more quiet and less dramatic for some reason. Then when things got really depressing HelixVision was born. And then Vk3DVision. Still so many exciting things happening despite all the doom and gloom. It teaches the rest of us not to take people for granted and to be supportive where we can. It has also been motivational to hear about people's drama and see them get their sh#t together again in the end.

Glad you havent forgotten about stereoscopic gaming. I personally still feel very optimistic about this.

Im very curious about Star Citizen. One of my friends praised this game, think 5 or 7 years ago. But few guys here ever recommended it. Is it finished and out of beta/early access? I've only picked up some bad vibes about this one...
֍ Win 10:21H1 ֍ 251.48 ֍ RTX2080 ֍ i9 9900k ֍ Benq1070 ֍ Samsung S27A950D, Odyssey+ ֍ LG 49UF8509 ֍ FujifilmW3 ֍
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Starcitizen has a bit of a controversial development History. Very much looking like development hell. It is the biggest crowdfunding project of all time but has been in development longer than Cyberpunk. It started as a space faring MMO/sim and now expanded to planet exploration, and even an FPS mode. The game is currently carved up into demo modules with no real end in sight for when the game will actually coalesce as a whole.
I do like this kind of games a lot. and am possibly looking at getting a Flight sim setup for my cockpit in the future to play games like this and Star wars squadrons. It's received a lot of backlash due to seemingly endless feature creep and a producer who doesn't seem to know when to stop. It's a very maybe overly ambitious project since it seems now they just want to create the entire universe in a game lol.

I hope it does come out, in full especially the single-player content but after the initial backing which had rewards of starter ships at some point they started charging exuberant amounts of money for ships which are basically pay to win, and it's left a bad taste in mine and many others mouths. It very much looks as though they are doing this to further keep funding for the game rolling in which they have obviously horribly mismanaged. I somewhat regret my backer's money I put into it, but it is what it is. There's plenty of coverage about this game on youtube if you care to dig a bit.

Personally I not so secretly hope they eventually get it together and it defies the critics but the aforementioned point has somewhat soured it for me.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

A BIT controversial, eh? Lol, it's a joke. They did it to themselves by pulling some microtransactions scheme to infinitely push the delivery date and get funding. It's actually an interesting sociological/product development case. :roll:
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Lysander wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:18 pm A BIT controversial, eh? Lol, it's a joke. They did it to themselves by pulling some microtransactions scheme to infinitely push the delivery date and get funding. It's actually an interesting sociological/product development case. :roll:
+1 to this! I think it's actually the biggest SCAM in the gaming industry, but whatever 8-) :lol:
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

mikear69 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:15 pm I was of the belief that StarCitizen was Vulkan only, but I have been running it in DX11 CM mode, using Helifax's CM Unleashed and it looks pretty good (I would attach images but don't know how to). However, when not in CM mode, anything except the hud does not render correctly, everything is "black". However, given that game is running in DX11 mode for CM, I was wondering if there is some hope of finding an nvidia profile that might enable correct rendering of "proper 3d" and hence a subsequent 3D Migoto fix, or some other known driver tweak etc. 3DMigoto even dumped about 500 shaders (PS, VS, CS). I tried to hook in the Vulkan wrapper of Helifax but it does not work yet. Has anyone else had any luck?
Sir! Had not realized you had commented here. A genuine pleasure to hear that you are still able to get to 3D gaming on occasion. Many fond memories of working with you on earliest 3Dmigoto. We now have 600 DX11 fixes on the blog, including... AC3 which is still working.

For Star Citizen in particular, I think you will be best suited to using CMU to play. I'm still engaged with the community and read every post and discussion I can, and no one else has looked at Star Citizen for 3D. It is possible that you can get 3Dmigoto working here enough to fix shaders, but I don't know if anyone has tried.

As far as Vulkan goes- it was my understanding that this was a future feature, not presently available. And like a lot of their stuff, vaporware. But I don't follow the game closely.

My closest experience to Star Citizen was that I received a code for a special ship when I bought my Intel Optane 900p . And I sold that ship on eBay for... $90. Could have kept it, but my impression was that they were never going to finish the game, and geez I've got a lot I can play.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Hi Legendary Mikear69,
What a great pleasure to hear from you again! Glad you are well.
Cheers 😎
BazzaLB
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by BazzaLB »

Spotted the name and wondered.. could it be after all this time? And indeed it is.. Mike_ar69! Great to hear you are alive and well. I used so many of your fixes over the years including the X-Rebirth one. A lot of talented people have wandered through the halls of 3DVision / HelixBlog over the years. Its always great to hear from any and all of them.
Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

I wonder, as it is an MMO and still an alpha version, any fix may have to be re-done every few months...
AfaIk devs wants to move to Vulkan, but it still uses DX11.
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

Yeah I try to pretty much ignore this game until it actually releases [insert development jokes here]. I certainly wouldn't attempt any 3D fix until squadron 42 (single player game component) is officially released, as otherwise the fix would need to be redone over and over as this development never ends and changes are continuously made. The good news is if its vulkan or DX11 or both, we should be covered either way thanks to Helifax's vulkan wrapper. Then again it might be using DX27 by the time its released... :shock:
mikear69
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikear69 »

Chtiblue wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:20 pm Hi Legendary Mikear69,
What a great pleasure to hear from you again! Glad you are well.
Cheers 😎
BazzaLB wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:25 pm Spotted the name and wondered.. could it be after all this time? And indeed it is.. Mike_ar69! Great to hear you are alive and well. I used so many of your fixes over the years including the X-Rebirth one. A lot of talented people have wandered through the halls of 3DVision / HelixBlog over the years. Its always great to hear from any and all of them.
bo3bber wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:07 pm
mikear69 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:15 pm I was of the belief that StarCitizen was Vulkan only, but I have been running it in DX11 CM mode, using Helifax's CM Unleashed and it looks pretty good (I would attach images but don't know how to). However, when not in CM mode, anything except the hud does not render correctly, everything is "black". However, given that game is running in DX11 mode for CM, I was wondering if there is some hope of finding an nvidia profile that might enable correct rendering of "proper 3d" and hence a subsequent 3D Migoto fix, or some other known driver tweak etc. 3DMigoto even dumped about 500 shaders (PS, VS, CS). I tried to hook in the Vulkan wrapper of Helifax but it does not work yet. Has anyone else had any luck?
Sir! Had not realized you had commented here. A genuine pleasure to hear that you are still able to get to 3D gaming on occasion. Many fond memories of working with you on earliest 3Dmigoto. We now have 600 DX11 fixes on the blog, including... AC3 which is still working.

For Star Citizen in particular, I think you will be best suited to using CMU to play. I'm still engaged with the community and read every post and discussion I can, and no one else has looked at Star Citizen for 3D. It is possible that you can get 3Dmigoto working here enough to fix shaders, but I don't know if anyone has tried.

As far as Vulkan goes- it was my understanding that this was a future feature, not presently available. And like a lot of their stuff, vaporware. But I don't follow the game closely.

My closest experience to Star Citizen was that I received a code for a special ship when I bought my Intel Optane 900p . And I sold that ship on eBay for... $90. Could have kept it, but my impression was that they were never going to finish the game, and geez I've got a lot I can play.
Thanks everyone :-) I have been keeping my 3D gaming going, and have always followed the community as a 'lurker' - it's really impressive (astounding in fact) how many games are on the helixblog now, and I still always look there if a game takes my fancy. I did recently put up the KOARR fix here, and just did an update to the Minecraft shaders fix that I will send to Helifax for hosting on his site (still tweaking that). I am trying to get X4 Foundations going using the Vulkan wrapper but am being hassled by the need for new drivers and the fact that windows updated to 2004 without asking me - a lot of barriers that I am not familiar with. I installed the 3D Fix Manager and am making some progress.

As for Start Citizen, I feel like it might be a lost cause right now, so won't pursue it. CM mode is pretty good actually, just the hud is a bit wonky of course - hopefully I can get X4 working, will report back if I do.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well along time ago and in a different galaxy, oh wait, I did have a fix for SC, and was told to just drop it as they are going Vulkan. well the fix is lost but it was possible not sure about what they have done but if is is still dx11 a proper 3D fix should be possible..

To bad I gave up on SC Long ago tho.. maybe try to revisit and give it a proper fix..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
stevenmike42
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by stevenmike42 »

Star Citizen is a breathtaking universe of limitless possibilities. Its immersive gameplay, stunning graphics, and expansive galaxies redefine the space simulation genre. With a dedicated community and ongoing development, Star Citizen promises an unparalleled journey among the stars, captivating both veterans and newcomers to the cosmic frontier.
stevenmike42
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by stevenmike42 »

Star Citizen stands out as an awe-inspiring universe offering boundless potential. The game's immersive features, breathtaking graphics, and vast galaxies redefine the space simulation genre, promising an unparalleled journey that captivates both seasoned players and newcomers to the cosmic frontier.
Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lizzard »

3DNovice wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:01 pm 4 weeks ago, a 26 minute Squadron 42 video was posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDtjzLzs7V8 Squadron 42: I Held The Line
Roberts Space Industries wrote: We are excited to announce that Squadron 42 is now feature-complete!

As we move into the polishing phase, we’re fully focused on optimizing and fine-tuning all aspects of the gameplay experience to deliver an unprecedented cinematic adventure. To celebrate this milestone, we have gathered our core development leadership from around the globe to share what this means.

Thank you for your continued support of Squadron 42.
They are still talking about using Vulkan, but are currently still using DirectX.
I saw some of its latest videos and it seems like this is going to be a game that absorbs millions! I sincerely hope they bring some VR to it or that someone would make a 3Dfix for it. But this game really scares me. I think once you start playing it there would not be time for anything else, depending on how good it would work.

Starfield so far has gotten pretty bad reviews that went viral and games like Cyberpunk is only starting to be more polished after such a long time.
It seems like Star Citizen is finally starting to reach a stable state worth the time. But I would imagine this game wont be sustainable without regexes.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

Hi legends,

I backed Star Citizen in 2013 and stopped buying ships in 2019. I’m a legatus backer. In the end liquidated all unbounded ships during my bankruptcy in 2020, and paid 5k euro sister’s debt and survived on my Star Citizen investment for 2 years further. It was a good investment as intended and I had years of amazing friendship and community with gameplay experience. I still own my account and by declining a refund I lost 18k euros excluded the liquidation loss.

When I decided to put 40k plus into Star Citizen I planned to infiltrate vanduul space with the help of pitchfork operation - a vast spaceship battle to reclaim a planet in vanduul border.

But I also planned to keep my money in digital assets as my bank was stealing money from me and my sister - we both lost 30-40k euros in 2 years, this bank being Santander in Portugal.

I went bankrupt in Portugal because I wanted to patent a Rail Technical Canal, i.e. fiber and electric cables in a rail canal for renewable energies. In 2007 my father lost his life during George Bush presidency due to :o that college invention of mine. It recently stolen sold for +500 million euros for 10k klm of rail fiber they call dark fiber.

The reason i share this all off topic is Star Citizen saved my life, without it and investing in it I’d be shafted.

I believe in the project, they currently using a game idea i posted in their forum called “3xArchtype compression shards”.

I’ll try cm mode in it, thanks legends for the heads up.

Merry Christmas Eve.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”