hiya

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
angelsinraver
One Eyed Hopeful

hiya

Post by angelsinraver »

hi all i just wanted to say that i think this site is awesome, i have been reading it for the past few days. I wasn't originally looking for 3d but i got a vr920 for the computer im working on. (making a backpack computer, i got bored) and after seeing the little 3d demos that came with it i started looking into it more. I am running the iz3d drivers for games and loving it. but i just wanted to say that this is a great site and full of wonderful information.

-sin
Ignorance is the night of the mind, a night without moon or stars.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: hiya

Post by Neil »

Hi Angelsinraver,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your valued feedback! If you have ideas on how to make this site even better, we are always open to ideas:

http://mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,
Neil
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Hey, wassup man! Welcome to the community. Stick around a bit.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

welcome to MTBS!
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
macdaddyb
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by macdaddyb »

I'm new here too, I just joined trying to see if I could find a little support with the vr920 head tracking in Fallout 3

Anyway, I'm working on a backpack computer as well. It started with an idea for a wearable PC in a jacket (scott evest) but the weight and heat made it impractical. Switching to a backpack, but still considering options for the interface.
I'd be curious about your setup.

I got the VR920 for the portability, but once I played a couple of games in 3D with it, I realized I'm going to use it more than I thought.
angelsinraver
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by angelsinraver »

hey mac thats awesome to hear. im using a jetway mini itx running windows xp i dont remember the exact board name. i was going to go for a nano itx but i wanted a bit more power. the system specs are 2ghz proc 1 gig ram 80 gig hd im using a wiimote for a mouse and i have a bluetooth keyboard but i dont like the keyboard setup so im trying to think of another way. i also have a 14.8v 8a li-ion battery and the vr920 for a monitor. im not sure how long the battery will run it for yet because im having some heat issues with the voltage regulator i made. oh and i have an old geforce 5500 video card in there too, which unfortunately made the project a bit larger.

im curious about your setup as well. also are you doing this for school or something or just for fun? im just kinda doing it for fun.

-sin
macdaddyb
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by macdaddyb »

Impressive. I'm using an OQO 01+ micro pc 1Ghz w/512MB RAM on XP, with the VR920 as a display. Right now I have a presentation mouse remote and bluetooth remote software to use my windows mobile smartphone as the keyboard. Connection is a little flaky, I'd like a cheap one-handed keyboard eventually
4hrs battery, another 4hrs if I swap to 2nd battery. My problem is trying to find a suitable way to power a USB hub with the components I have. Battery pack doesn't seem to want to balance the load, and it still draws too much power from the PC to run the VR920, hard drive and mouse. I'm trying to stick with off-the-shelf components mostly, but I'm considering some mods that may work out the bugs. The package is small enough to fit in a jacket, just too heavy.
It's just for fun, I've always wanted a wearable PC, but I'm still not sure I'm ready to be seen at the coffee shop wearing the VR920. In the meantime I'm loving the display for 3D games on my main rig. I didn't realize how much I missed my old 3D shutter glasses, but this is way better.
angelsinraver
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by angelsinraver »

wow the OQO 01+ micro pc is small. i had never seen that before. what kind of performance do you get out of it? my box a bit larger and its because of that that i needed it to be a backpack. i initially wanted a jacket pc too. :/
oh are you using an externally powered usb hub or one that runs off the usb power on the computer? also are you using the computers normal battery?
macdaddyb
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by macdaddyb »

Performance on the OQO is just OK. It runs a little slower than a desktop at 1Ghz due to power management. Can't play games on it, but it's fine for the basics. I have 2 extended batteries for it which will run it most of the day. Overall, I love that little PC :-)
I have a USB hub powered with a AA battery pack. It seems to work fine for everything except my portable HD. maybe it's a power hog, or maybe the rechargable AA batteries are too low voltate. I'll upgrade the cheap battery pack eventually.

I used to just put the computer in my pocket, but I carry so much other stuff anyway, ultimately I will have one power cord from the backpack to charge my PC and all my devices.
angelsinraver
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by angelsinraver »

you should post some pics. ill try to aswell

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”