Callisto Protocol 3D Fix

a31632
Two Eyed Hopeful

Callisto Protocol 3D Fix

Post by a31632 »

This game is made with Unreal Engine 4, with some UE5 additions it seems.

As mentioned somewhere else on this forum the new UE Universal fix is not working and gives an error message when starting the game, an older version (3.30) is actually working but 3D is not looking good and frame rates drop to an unacceptable level making the game unplayable.
I tried the newest Geo-11 as well, but without good results. If it works the frame rates are good, but images are distorted.

After playing around with various profiles in NVidia Inspector and mixing up settings and dll files I think I found a "playable solution". I would say an 8 out of 10 as (hopefully) one of the wizards out there can create a real fix, maybe with this as a base. There are moments that the fix is caching, so not 100% fluid, but when I played for 15-20 minutes I think it's pretty good and with a custom made NVidia profile (it's the one I created for "Syberia The World Before") it looks pretty good.

I tested on my Alienware 51M-R2 laptop with NVidia 2070 Super with SSD, 64GB Internal memory, so pretty good specs, but over 1 year old, so no longer considered "top of the line". Win 10 LTSC (1809), so no driver hack needed, on 452.22 drivers.
I purchased the EPIC version (not Steam), the Digital Deluxe version is around $55 (with a 25% discount coupon used, valid till Jan 6, 2023). No need to disable the Epic overlay by the way.

I have attached the "fix", extract the contents to the "TheCallistoProtocol?Binaries/Win64" folder (there should be 4 files, one of them is "TheCallistoProtocol-Win64-Shipping.exe".

Import the included (custom made) profile (SyberiaTWB-3DMigoto.nip when you extract the 7z file) with NVidia inspector and attach the exe file mentioned here to this profile. Load the game as usual and accept the pop-up.
I disabled "V-sync" in the game options, all other options are max quality. Don't forget to run the game in DX11 (not DX12), I used the usual -dx11 command to bypass DX12.

Thanks to Losti for his Universal Fix for UE4 games, which was used as a base for this fix, hopefully someone can create a specific fix for this game to make it look 10/10!

TheCallistoProtocol.7z
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by a31632 on Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Callisto Protocol 3D Fix

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Are you going to post any pics to show off the 3D?
a31632
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by a31632 »

Feisty_Fernando wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:23 am Are you going to post any pics to show off the 3D?
I would love to do that but for whatever reason I'm not able to get any screenshots done. I use the proper shortcut and as you can see from the screenshots from my registry, 3D Fix manager and my documents folder it is all set up as it should be (I think).
If someone could help me out how to get the screenshots to save that would be great. I have a laptop with external 3D Vision monitor, external keyboard (and tried Alt-F1 with both keyboards).

So far not working, but if I get it to work I will post ASAP!
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (1).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
a31632
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by a31632 »

I also tried switching between other shortcuts and image jps or pns but no luck. When I click on "open folder" in 3D Fix Manager it navigates automatically to the (empty) directory. So it is supposed to be set up correctly I guess.
I can try reinstalling 3D (again) but have the same problem in my separate Win 11Pro installation, so it seems that will not help either

I took a picture with my iPhone to at least have “proof” that 3D works but would like to make regular high quality screenshots in 3D. Is there maybe another application that I can use for this?
B672FE87-2FF0-4630-A8D3-1EEC5EA5B475.jpeg
a31632
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by a31632 »

To avoid crashes with the UE engine please make sure you have DX11 selected (-DX11) or have edited the config file for this. You can also switch to DX11 in the settings when you are in the game but obviously you first have to be able to get in the game in that case.
If help is needed please copy the contents of the attached file into your appdata/local folder (hidden folder in Windows). It also forces the game in DX11 and has some edits I made in it which avoid the crashes. Please note that these files are from my own configuration and could be that you will need to change resolution and other settings to match yours.

CallistoProtocol.7z
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

Thank u. Hopefully a shaderhacker works on it.
a31632
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by a31632 »

UnityBeing wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:25 pm Thank u. Hopefully a shaderhacker works on it.
Yes I hope so too!
With the NVidia profile I created and the old (edited) UE4 fix it is working pretty good. Looking good but sometimes when new levels in the game are explored it caches new graphics and sometimes freezes while you get out of the lift/elevator so I just wait and move around until I can safely run out LOL.

There should be a way to get Geo-11 to work properly though as currently I can get it working but it doesn’t look good at all, hopefully someone can fix that. As that would likely resolve the caching issues too.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

UnityBeing wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:25 pm Thank u. Hopefully a shaderhacker works on it.
That's going to be me (if the issues are fixable), I think. If only because I like fixing broken things. But I have to finish a bunch of other fixes before that. Unless, as it sometimes happens, I feel like doing it sooner out od curiosity.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

^^
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

Bump request for fix pls.
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

Bump request for a fix pretty please.
Jose3DVision
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jose3DVision »

If Masterotaku says he will get on with it, he will. The thing is that he is always making corrections for games and he will have his priorities.
Callisto has to be something impressive in 3D because the 2D graphics are already incredible (besides the sound).
I will buy it when the final 3D patch is ready and I also encourage donations to masterotaku and the shaders-hackers who keep 3D alive with the Nvidia3Dvision 2.0 glasses.
Masterotaku go at your own pace without pressure. The community should take care of you as well as the others who do this work no matter how much we want to enjoy these 3D games. But we will have the necessary patience because we know that you can't do it all at once. And it is also to be eternally grateful for your dedication.

Long live 3D!
murdavs
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by murdavs »

Bump request for a fix :)
a31632
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by a31632 »

After a few game updates the fix I posted wasn't working good anymore.
The fix itself is fine by the way, but it should NOT be attached to any existing profile, so my "SyberiaTWB-3DMigoto" profile should NOT be used.
When you run the game after you delete the game profile from this, 3DMigoto will create a new profile and it looks pretty good, as before, again!

I agree a "proper fix" done by shader hackers is needed, but it does show proper 3D like this and very playable.

EDIT: I got the game running with GEO-11 as well, version 109, BUT you will need to disable the "Epic Games OVERLAY," otherwise it will crash as soon as the overlay gets applied.
As to be expected with GEO-11 the performance is much better and no more small delays during gameplay, so it has become my favourite solution.
john-glad
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by john-glad »

Unfortunately I can't get the game to run. When I just try the latest UE4 Universal fix with GEO-11 I get the following error message:
A D3D11-compatible GPU (Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0) is required to run the engine
Without the 3D Fix the game runs fine in DX11.
I also tried the config files from the CallistoProtocol.7z, but same result :(
Can anyone verify that the Callisto Protocol is currently running with the latest UE4 Universal patch or what needs to be done?
I have the latest drivers from NVidia and a 4090.
I have especially purchased the game in hope for a running game with the UE4 fix.
Thanks in advance.
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

john-glad wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:17 pm Unfortunately I can't get the game to run. When I just try the latest UE4 Universal fix with GEO-11 I get the following error message:
A D3D11-compatible GPU (Feature Level 11.0, Shader Model 5.0) is required to run the engine
Can anyone verify that the Callisto Protocol is currently running with the latest UE4 Universal patch or what needs to be done?
I have especially purchased the game in hope for a running game with the UE4 fix.
Thanks in advance.
I don’t have the game, but first do visit this thread for 40 series: viewtopic.php?t=26746&sid=b1578ab1f296f ... f5d43f4457

Then get 6.6 geo11 and replace .dll and dm ini files. Try it, if not u need 5.56 geo11 - I can provide u with it if u still can’t get it to work. Here is 6.6 geo11 viewtopic.php?p=189516#p189516
john-glad
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by john-glad »

Thank you.
I tried it with Geo11 6.6 and 6.56 and also the newest version from the DMC5 fix (6.108 or so) but same outcome.
But Geo11 is not the problem. With Geo11 files alone the game starts but is messed up.
Only when I add the UE4 fix files it crashes. Also tried older version of the UE4 fix (v.7.64 instead of 9.12) then it starts but is also totally messed up.
I also tried different outputs (tab and interlaced) as I play on an LG E1 OLED but nothing really helps so far.
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

john-glad wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:47 am Thank you.
I tried it with Geo11 6.6 and 6.56 and also the newest version from the DMC5 fix (6.108 or so) but same outcome.
But Geo11 is not the problem. With Geo11 files alone the game starts but is messed up.
Only when I add the UE4 fix files it crashes. Also tried older version of the UE4 fix (v.7.64 instead of 9.12) then it starts but is also totally messed up.
I also tried different outputs (tab and interlaced) as I play on an LG E1 OLED but nothing really helps so far.
Please comment as well in 40 series thread and see if u get a reply, u might get some insight. Good luck and if I get the game I'll let u know my investigation.
a31632
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by a31632 »

john-glad wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:17 pm Unfortunately I can't get the game to run. When I just try the latest UE4 Universal fix with GEO-11 I get the following error message:
Thanks in advance.
With the latest UE4 Universal Patch it’s not working. You will need an older UE4 version to get it to work. The one I posted here works and when you install the latest GEO-11 version on top of it, with me it works fine. As I mentioned let the fix create a new profile and disable the Overlay in EGS.
I have not tested in DX9 mode only in DX11 mode, so that could be the issue here.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

wow, amazing! So I can finally buy the game :)
Skawen
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Skawen »

Thank You masterotaku, will try soon :)

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”