Long life to 3D Vision!

lay72
Two Eyed Hopeful

Long life to 3D Vision!

Post by lay72 »

First of all I apologize for my English... I'm Italian. Having said that, I don't know if this is the right place to create a post like this and I apologize if it isn't, but I really don't know where to write this. Now I no longer count the years since I started playing 3D Vision and it's sad to see that, apart from Master, the scene is practically dead and the shaderhackers have all my sympathy! Creating a fix for a game requires many hours of hard work, therefore, taking a quick look at the number of views for each post (for example the one relating to the 3Dfix Manager, which has collected around 144,000 views!), it is easy to understand, that even if half of us donated € 10 or $...but even 15 is fine! per month to those who have been giving us endless emotions in 3D for many years, we could keep the glorious 3D alive for all present and future games, the shaderhackers would be extremely gratified and motivated to continue with their passion/work, at least, as long as the hardware it allows us. It seems like a feasible idea to me and within the reach of all of us on this platform! otherwise all we have left is 4K on a flat screen...and best regards! what I'm wondering is, can a common chest be created for shaderhackers? I don't know, if anyone has a better idea, they can write it under this post....in the meantime let's create a list of people who would be willing to pay a sort of subscription at 10-15 € or $ per month, to maintain I live 3D, I'll start, add the rest under my nickname... and long life to 3D Vision!

List:

lay72
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Long life to 3D Vision!

Post by Losti »

I think i have more than one time tried to do this and also DHR did and the response/understanding/aceptance of those idea was really low unfortunately.

There are a hand or 2 full of peoples thinking like you but the majority is AGAINST any paywall or something like this since this was the basic meaning of those who made all this possible and i think it is still, even if they are no more active.

If there will be a time i come back than yes, this will be my founding model for sure. But dont ask me when and if. Just want to let you all know that if those things would have had worked in the past then 3D fixes would be in a much better situation than laying back on only one shader hacker currently and the hope that he will never stop his work.
lay72
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by lay72 »

hi Losti...your words fill me with sadness, in fact in 24H my post received only a few views and I am still the only name under the list, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the efforts you have put into 3D , giving us years of pure joy, at this point, if my idea doesn't work, I think it's right that 3D dies... because obviously we don't deserve it... I deeply hope that things change in some way! Come on people....10/15 € or $ per month, we can afford it all! :(
Skawen
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Skawen »

I would gladly donate 10-15 a month, but I think we will be only few as time showed us before when tried this type of model.
john-glad
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by john-glad »

I would also be willing to donate 10-15 a month. In fact I almost already do as I support Dave Lockwood and masterotaku patreons for some time and also supported Losti and Helifax patreons in the past (when they were active). But I also think that the target group for this is so small that many tried this before and it does not really work (as you can see at the numbers of supporters of their patreon). And as the technology moves forward (DX12) and 3D Vision only works with old drivers the hardware/software actually is not there anymore or dies out. I hope that maybe the Geo12 from flugan will one day have the same support like 3Dmigoto and Geo11 and Vk3dVision but I doubt it as the shaderfixing part with DXIL seems to be much mre harder than with HSLS. I just currently upgraded to a 4090 and I must say with Geo11 all the fixes are awesome and I love playing it and it is no comparsion to Depth3D or Vorpx etc. And I enjoy Stereo 3D on a TV much more than in a VR headset but unfortunately this way of playing seems to die slowly. Maybe with newer VR Headsets or AR Glasses or glassesfree 3D Displays it will come back. I hope so. But also from my side a big thank you to all the people who have supported this community until now and I would love to support the that 3D Gaming will still be healthy in the future but I doubt it will work. We have seen that DHR tried this in the past and failed, Losti has failed and also Bob3d tried it with HelixVision and it did not sell well. And IMHO this is mainly because they have done a lot of work for (almost) free and some people were actually still complaining instead of being thankful. But I also love the idea of Open-Source as this is actually how more or less 3DMigoto has started, so that people can take over in case somebody does or can not support some software anymore. So I can understand anyone who wants to stick to this idea. Thats just my few cents
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

I would more agree on a fixed price for each fix.
It could be the cost of the game
Sent by email in RAR with unlock password
sorry for my english

ciao lay72 and Losti
DugomFirst
Cross Eyed!

Post by DugomFirst »

I've also tried to help:
viewtopic.php?p=174203#p174203
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

Yes to all and this as you can see is the situation it will be, 1 or 2 hands full of people's supporting and the rest is leeching. Those fixing could be an afforable full time job to combine passion with work but this was a dream I gave up here. Risking personal live and relationships was not worth the effort anymore. However, I appreciate your appreciation ; -)
VR3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by VR3D »

It's so unfortunate that it's come to this. I've had deeper immersive experiences with 3d gaming than with VR due to VR games being so shallow most of the time. Playing triple A games in 3d is currently an unmatched gaming experience.

Mainstream consumers have spoken with their wallets by not spending money on 3d movies and games. That's why it died. And now the majority of those who enjoy playing 3d pc games also do not want to spend money on it.

Maybe the only hope is when VR and AR displays become a significant portion of the pc gaming market and when these gamers prefer to play pc games on these devices. With resolutions approaching 4k per eye, we may be closer to this than we think.

It won't require the user to jump through hoops to play 3d games because they will already own the hardware. Then game developers may see a financial benefit of including it in their games.

For all those who have made many sacrifices to keep 3d gaming alive, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Playing 2d designed games in 3d is nothing short of magic. You shader hackers are the magicians.

Long live 3d................
i7 9700K, RTX 3080, LG Passive 4K, XReal Air
maurizioclaudio21
Cross Eyed!

Post by maurizioclaudio21 »

Losti wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:13 pm Yes to all and this as you can see is the situation it will be, 1 or 2 hands full of people's supporting and the rest is leeching. Those fixing could be an afforable full time job to combine passion with work but this was a dream I gave up here. Risking personal live and relationships was not worth the effort anymore. However, I appreciate your appreciation ; -)
I hope that your great experience is not lost, I understand your reasons, I ask you if you can just help us with some advice to resolve some problems with some shaders.
I thank you for everything you have done.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

I'd personally love to see the fixes have some type of DRM, so that they do not work in pirated games.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

3DNovice wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:52 am I'd personally love to see the fixes have some type of DRM, so that they do not work in pirated games.
Ironically, whenever I finish the Ninja Gaiden Master Collection fixes (I paused that for over a year), they will only work on cracked versions of the games.
For some reason the legit games (which I bought, of course. That's how I know this) reject 3Dmigoto and geo-11. And the third game (DX9) rejects the Helix dll.
Boblenon
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Boblenon »

Hello, What is the best between VR and 3dvision in 2023 ?
bd32
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bd32 »

Ninja Gaiden master collection in 3d!!! Can't wait (although I did get it working for a bit on an old 3d vision setup a while back, thanks to Masterotaku). I also purchased the legal version of the games as I was happy they ported to PC so we could experience the best version possible in 3d. Anyway, thanks to Masterotaku for all the great 3d enablement he has shared with us and for all his hard work. Everyone please keep donating to our 3d experts if you have the means. Let's hope there are many more new games to come that we can enjoy in 3d!
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

masterotaku wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:53 am
3DNovice wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:52 am I'd personally love to see the fixes have some type of DRM, so that they do not work in pirated games.
Ironically, whenever I finish the Ninja Gaiden Master Collection fixes (I paused that for over a year), they will only work on cracked versions of the games.
For some reason the legit games (which I bought, of course. That's how I know this) reject 3Dmigoto and geo-11. And the third game (DX9) rejects the Helix dll.
I have noticed this too, especially with EAC games curiously I tried a couple of pirated UE4 games and sure enough they worked with the UE4 fix ... /facepalm
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

While there is no real market for 3D fixes, there is a good market for VR mods.
https://www.theverge.com/23190201/luke- ... n-red-dead

How hard would it be to transform for instance one of the most popular games Witcher 3 into a VR mod ? As a proof of concept. No motion controllers. Just like Luke Ross VR mods.
It could be a major hit. It could draw media attention and VR gamers would not hesitate to pay for it.

I think this is what could save 3D fixes.
b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

I think I prefer playing 3D games with my Nvidia 3D Vision glasses, instead of using my Pico4 VR headset. Much more confortable, no battery problem, no sweet spot, no isolated from the world, no grayed blacks, and the size of the screen is (I think) more apropiate for the resultion that my 2080 (no TI) can render. My 3D monitor maybe it is not the best, but I am happy with it.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

b4thman wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:58 am I think I prefer playing 3D games with my Nvidia 3D Vision glasses, instead of using my Pico4 VR headset. Much more confortable, no battery problem, no sweet spot, no isolated from the world, no grayed blacks, and the size of the screen is (I think) more apropiate for the resultion that my 2080 (no TI) can render. My 3D monitor maybe it is not the best, but I am happy with it.
I totally understand, but nVidia killed 3D Vision many years ago. Even if one wants to buy 3D vision equipment now, you can only find a few items left in the world.
There are no new 3D TVs anymore like LG's passive.
We just start seeing glassless monitors, but until these will become mainstream it will take a while, if at all.

But the VR market is here now and will stay here for the foreseeable future. And especially the PCVR market is hungry for AAA content.
I think it's worth to try a proof of concept, to make a VR mod from one of the AAA 3D fixes.
Have it behind a paywall, and then we can see how the market reacts.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”