Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V3.60] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

SnickerSnack1
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V3.30] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Post by SnickerSnack1 »

That works well, thanks. I enable it via '`' and it puts it at adequate depth. Unfortunately it must be toggled because the inventory/crafting/etc menu covers the entire screen, so it gets distorted anytime Auto depth is engaged. But that's a small price to pay for what is otherwise beautiful 3D. I will make a post about this game to alert others. Thanks again!
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V3.30] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Post by Losti »

SnickerSnack1 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:38 am That works well, thanks. I enable it via '`' and it puts it at adequate depth. Unfortunately it must be toggled because the inventory/crafting/etc menu covers the entire screen, so it gets distorted anytime Auto depth is engaged. But that's a small price to pay for what is otherwise beautiful 3D. I will make a post about this game to alert others. Thanks again!
Thats normal for any UNIVERSAL fixed game with UE4-UF2 because those things are not universal. If its easy and unique, i will do this in an individual fix. Fix is at the blog. Please note that this is NOT working for other games, be thankfull for a universal HUD correction within the universal fix, thats not common for universal fixes ^^ Individual fixes for the HUD (like for this game) depends on the interest of me into the game.
SnickerSnack1
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by SnickerSnack1 »

I am thankful for your help. It's great having the crosshair in depth and not mess up the inventory! I sent you a token of my appreciation :geek:
Losti

Post by Losti »

I have made a little AutoHotkey script that will make the control of AutoDepthHud/AutoConvergence/OSD display a bit smoother and controllable via gamepad, i have added this to the Blog post:

OPTIONAL:
https://losti.s3.amazonaws.com/XB_ExtendedUse.7z
Download and extract where ever you want (NOTE: the XB_ExtendedUse.ahk is the source code for this script, if you want to personalize it, if you do so, you can use it by startingthe .ahk, but you need AutoHotkey installed.)
start XB_ExtendedUse.exe (with right-click "Run as Admin")
Start your game, the script will enable the following additional key behaviors:
"HOLD DOWN" XB_GUIDE will switch AutoConvergence ON/OFF
"DOUBLE TAP" XB_GUIDE will switch LowConvergenceMode ON/OFF
"HOLD DOWN" XB_START + XB_BACK" will switch OSD ON/OFF
Close the script in the task bar (the little green "A" symbol here) after you exit the game, to stop the script or leave it enabled if you want to continue using it. You only have to run the script ONCE after a System restart and can use it for all games you want but: Its only working for games using UE4-UniversalFix 2 V.3.XX or later!!!
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

Hi Losti,

Thank you very much for fixing so many games.

Have you seen the free Gothic Remake demo on Steam ? It looks good and it's made in Unreal Engine 4.
THQ Nordic released a playable teaser of Gothic Remake made in Unreal Engine 4 and it's free on Steam, for those who already have one of these games in Steam: Gothic 1-3, Risen 1-3 or Elex.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/9506 ... le_Teaser/

It provides ~1H of gameplay, might be worth it.
Losti

Post by Losti »

floph wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:53 am Hi Losti,

Have you seen the free Gothic Remake demo on Steam ? It looks good and it's made in Unreal Engine 4.
THQ Nordic released a playable teaser of Gothic Remake made in Unreal Engine 4 and it's free on Steam, for those who already have one of these games in Steam: Gothic 1-3, Risen 1-3 or Elex.

Are you writing this because you know that GOTHIC is and will be my fav. game forever or do you need assist with wrong effects ^^
floph
Cross Eyed!

Post by floph »

Losti wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:30 am
floph wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:53 am Hi Losti,

Are you writing this because you know that GOTHIC is and will be my fav. game forever or do you need assist with wrong effects ^^
Didn't know it's your fav. game.
I haven't played any Gothic game yet, as I am mostly attracted by games with modern graphics.
But seeing the new Gothic remake demo with it's beautiful graphics got my attention.
And seeing that it's made with Unreal Engine 4, I thought maybe it's a good candidate for the Universal fix. One can hope :)
Since it's your fav. game I suppose you are interested as well in running this free demo or perhaps you prefer waiting for the full game ?
Losti

Post by Losti »

ill try the demo for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Gothic games where one of the best games i have played but i am old shool (1982) ^^ Today its outdated graphics but still very gooooooood !!! Nice to know about this remake, thank you for the info
SnickerSnack1
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by SnickerSnack1 »

LOL I'm even older-school than you Losti (1979). Gothic I and II were some of my favorite RPGs of all time, although I won't be giving the new one a try. I've more or less moved on from those types of games.
Losti

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V3.40] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Post by Losti »

I have added an Update to the blog, please read the changelogs there.

I am a little bit dissapointed those times, NEARLY NO donation for all the games 3D-Vision ready released :-( ... A hand full from the release of 3.0 upto now....from the same peoples donating from time to time.....this is loving demotivating here :o

DO NOT UPDATE ANY 3D-VISION READY RELEASE From the blog!! The releases at the blog having an individual download are individual configured, you may breake those using any fix beside the fix posted there!
SnickerSnack1
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V3.40] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Post by SnickerSnack1 »

I wish I could've donated more. This is the God's honest truth - This week my parents came down with COVID. They are very sick and my wife and I just maxed out our credit card to buy supplements, groceries, etc. to take care of them. I don't know everyone's situation, but I do know that there can be a lot of reasons why people aren't donating, and it isn't always because they aren't generous.
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Sorry to hear that SnikerSnack1, I hope your parents will recover well. Best wishes
SnickerSnack1
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by SnickerSnack1 »

^^^ Thank you very much! We are trying our best to keep them out of the hospital. Both are in their '70's so the situation can change quickly.
Losti

Post by Losti »

SnickerSnack1 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:10 pm I wish I could've donated more. This is the God's honest truth - This week my parents came down with COVID. They are very sick and my wife and I just maxed out our credit card to buy supplements, groceries, etc. to take care of them. I don't know everyone's situation, but I do know that there can be a lot of reasons why people aren't donating, and it isn't always because they aren't generous.
Hey, best wishes to your family!!! Hope they will get well soon!!!!!

Nobody has to justify why they donate or not. That wasn't my intention. It was more about a small reminder that the work here is not done in a few minutes and that you should consider, if you like something, to show yourself appreciatively, each within the framework of his possibilities. For example, if everyone donates one euro for a fix they use, that would be a fine thing all together. A fix post on the blog does not write itself, including settings and individual game fixes, a UE4-UF2 fix post needs between 30 and 60 minutes. The fix itself, I didn't count it, cost well over 1000 hours. Pauldusler's 3DFM is not even fully automatically updated itself. The games are added here by hand, the posts are adapted to the 3DFM. Function updates don't just happen by themselves. And almost no one really donates to the 3DFM, but at least 50% of users can no longer cope without this tool. One should always consider that! All in all, even when I hear Pauldusler's words, I always get the feeling that too many rely on it being done with or without a donation anyway and that very little thought is given about what the people behind the scenes are doing.

I just want to remind you of this every now and then :-)
SnickerSnack1
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by SnickerSnack1 »

Thanks for your well-wishes Losti! And you are totally right about all of that - there is a lot of work that goes into these fixes, and the fix manager is an awesome tool that I have loved using as well. It doesn't make a lot of sense for us gamers to pay lots of money for the games we play, and then totally stiff the guys who make those games so much more enjoyable via 3D. I want to say thank you for all of your efforts and those of others like Paul and all you guys. I would like to donate to more people and I plan to as soon as my situation improves.
Losti

Post by Losti »

It doesn't make a lot of sense for us gamers to pay lots of money for the games we play, and then totally stiff the guys who make those games so much more enjoyable via 3D
INDEEEEEEEEEEED ^^

My GF have had some crucial contact today due to corona, i am forced to war a mask all the time at work now and cancel contacts to my collegues..... :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot

The "thing" is near, hopefully smoking will help and not kill me at the end if i will get this loving virus, my company is working on a solution for this ^^ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
SnickerSnack1
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by SnickerSnack1 »

Be careful my friend, this Coronavirus stuff is no joke.
Losti

Post by Losti »

SnickerSnack1 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:56 am Be careful my friend, this Coronavirus stuff is no joke.
I know for sure. I am working a bit at the front as a research scientist. We gave several projects ref. SARS COV 2 running.
Losti

Post by Losti »

An update is @ the blog, i have made the "Not Moving Health Bars fix" available for toggle in the OSD and turned it OFF by default, because i am not able to test a pack of games to be sure its cool even if its not needed. So its OFF by default and can be toggled, if your status bars are not moving, via the OSD now.
SnickerSnack1
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V3.50] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Post by SnickerSnack1 »

Oh, really? Okay, so question: I noticed that in Grounded, enemy health bars were not moving, and I thought it was a game bug and reported it to the developers. So is this something that happens with the Universal fix?
Losti

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V3.50] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Post by Losti »

SnickerSnack1 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:19 pm Oh, really? Okay, so question: I noticed that in Grounded, enemy health bars were not moving, and I thought it was a game bug and reported it to the developers. So is this something that happens with the Universal fix?
Yepp!

UE4-UF2 version BEFORE 3.40 you was forced (in case status bars are not chaning) to ENABLE Clipping in the config tool and use HUD/UI at screen depth. Since 3.40 i have introduced a clipping fix that was long time ago made by DarkStarSword and i have found that i have used it in Mutant Zero but i couldnt remember that ^^ With the help of MASTEROTAKU i was able to get back in mind how it works and withing the UE4-UF2 version 3.50 its now a troubleshooting option (DEFAULT=OFF, means some games can suffer from not moving health bars like before) but you can enable the fix using LCTRL+NUMPAD7. I do not have all PEER pixelshader variations out there but i have added 2 hands full of it that fixes this problem in the games i have seen having it until now.

I didnt have noticed this changing bar problem in grounded but you wherer right. I have added the the fix for this now and updated the game fix @ the blog:

https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2020/12/g ... x-v10.html

Just a reminder: PLEASE NOTE in any case of things you think that this is not normal:

1. READ THE BLOG POST! There is a link in case of issues to read the FAQ from the universal fix! POINT 1 of it would have given you the answer that this can happen with the universal fix!!!
2. Check the things in 2D. Means: runinstall the 3d fix and start the game. Press STRG+T to disable stereo or accept the wrong effects while testing. Now check you case you think that this is not normal and if this is OK now, THAN its an issue of the 3D fix :-)

Tanks for reporting this Issue!
Losti

Post by Losti »

neovad wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:08 am It's strange but when I start 00_UE4-UniversalFix-2_Config.cmd in version 3.30 I get some kind of recursion (looks like endless loop of opening cmd windows - I even must restart PC to close cmd processes). Tested on Hellbound and Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition games. I have Win7 64x. Where can I get old versions to test - I have access denied message when try to enter Losty's folder on S3 :(

P.S. Problem solved - I run it in 32bit version of Total Commander - In 64bit version and Windows Explorer all fine
BTW: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulletstorm

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Engine Unreal Engine 3

CAN YOU PLEASE CHECK THE F*U*C*K*I*N*G ENGINE a game is running on before installing a fix if its not postet at the blog? Thank you ^^
SnickerSnack1
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by SnickerSnack1 »

Thanks for updating the Grounded fix Losti. I missed that troubleshooting point in the Universal Fix blog post, sorry. (I probably have some Grounded developers angry at me :( )
Losti

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V3.60] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Post by Losti »

An update for the UNIVERSAL fix is @ the blog. Adressing several issues with reflections on water, object transparency/black/flicker issues on newer games.
daspwan
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Improved DHR Unreal 4 Engine Universal fix [Released-V3.60] - CONFIG TOOL INCLUDED

Post by daspwan »

Thanks for the new update,losti!
about ue4 Samurai Shodown,how can i modify the bottom energy hud in the screen depth ?this hud is affected by convergence,i found convergence at 600 is perfect for me .
narhicfd
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by narhicfd »

Hello, I'm trying to download this tool but can't seem to find it. I follow the download links but never can find it on the pages they link me to. Am I missing something??
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Did you try the standard location - http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2019/12/un ... fix-2.html?
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
narhicfd
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by narhicfd »

I finally found it at the Helix mod site. It was further down the page then I thought. Thank you Whyme for the quick respond though, I appreciate of it.
LeonShen
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by LeonShen »

The sky box has 0 convergence after saving the vertex shader I do have a shader that is called "-vs.txt", could you please teach me how to fix it in ASM language? @Losti
I know this post has stopped for a long time. Just hoping someone can help me.
Losti

Post by Losti »

LeonShen wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:33 am The sky box has 0 convergence after saving the vertex shader I do have a shader that is called "-vs.txt", could you please teach me how to fix it in ASM language? @Losti
I know this post has stopped for a long time. Just hoping someone can help me.
Since HLSL dumps from migoto/Geo11 allready have defined the basics you need to do this in ASM dumps, than you "only" have to get the idea of how assambly works.

The initial question you have to answer to your self before try to "hack" shaders is, are you willing to learn and offer a loving lot of time into it or do you only want to do qucik stuff? In the last case i can tell you it will not work, so things are not as easy as many may think off. I can tell you how ASM works but i cant tell you how to hack shaders. I have 2 or 3 times tried to tell some one the basics and they stepped out after some "lessons" ^^ ASM is the first lesson to understand and in my opinion its easy stuff.
LeonShen
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by LeonShen »

Losti wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:17 am Since HLSL dumps from migoto/Geo11 allready have defined the basics you need to do this in ASM dumps, than you "only" have to get the idea of how assambly works.

The initial question you have to answer to your self before try to "hack" shaders is, are you willing to learn and offer a loving lot of time into it or do you only want to do qucik stuff? In the last case i can tell you it will not work, so things are not as easy as many may think off. I can tell you how ASM works but i cant tell you how to hack shaders. I have 2 or 3 times tried to tell some one the basics and they stepped out after some "lessons" ^^ ASM is the first lesson to understand and in my opinion its easy stuff.
"only"? :shock: But if even you can't tell me how to hack shaders(to my understanding, that is the basic ability requirement to solve these shader problems), what are the chances that I can fix these problems even if I have basic knowledge of ASM language? I definitely have a lot of time and interest to put into this, I'm just wondering if there's any possibility of something like this paying off.
Losti

Post by Losti »

LeonShen wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:38 am
Losti wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:17 am Since HLSL dumps from migoto/Geo11 allready have defined the basics you need to do this in ASM dumps, than you "only" have to get the idea of how assambly works.

"only"? :shock: But if even you can't tell me how to hack shaders(to my understanding, that is the basic ability requirement to solve these shader problems), what are the chances that I can fix these problems even if I have basic knowledge of ASM language? I definitely have a lot of time and interest to put into this, I'm just wondering if there's any possibility of something like this paying off.
Without shader hacking knowledge chances are zero OFC but if you can do basic stereo fixes in HLSL you can do it in ASM as well if i tell you the basics, thats not hard to do.

ASM is only another language so its simply the knowled of how it works to work in ASM.

What game are you talking about ?
LeonShen
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by LeonShen »

Losti wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:32 am
Without shader hacking knowledge chances are zero OFC but if you can do basic stereo fixes in HLSL you can do it in ASM as well if i tell you the basics, thats not hard to do.

ASM is only another language so its simply the knowled of how it works to work in ASM.

What game are you talking about ?
If so, where should I start learning ASM, and how proficient should I be in it? Currently, there are two games I'm trying to play in 3D,
Ace Combat 7:
I use UE4 universal fix and can barely see any issues other than the 2D sky, so close to playable :o
Genshin Impact:
viewtopic.php?p=190011#p190011
There are basically no big problems except for water-related places.
Losti

Post by Losti »

I think you do not have understod me in the right way. ASM is not a shader hacking language. ASM is uses everywhere as a CPU near language to do things and DX shaders using this. I can tell you how to translate a HLSL code into ASM for a shader fix if you are capable to do this in HLSL only but i cant tell you how to fix a shader! HLSL to ASM is simply another language to perform a shader modification and GEO11/MIGOTO handles both. But in obth cases knowing synthax of one or both do not enable you to do corrections in shade files, knowing those languages is only the base for work with to create fixes because fixes work with those languages.
LeonShen
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by LeonShen »

Losti wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:50 pm if you are capable to do this in HLSL only but i cant tell you how to fix a shader! HLSL to ASM is simply another language to perform a shader modification and GEO11/MIGOTO handles both. But in obth cases knowing synthax of one or both do not enable you to do corrections in shade files, knowing those languages is only the base for work with to create fixes because fixes work with those languages.
Okay, fixing shaders in HLSL already sounds beyond my current ability. Knowing how to translate HLSL to ASM is meaningless for me at the moment.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”