I don't think HelixVision is really obsolete... (because Geo-11)

petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

I don't think HelixVision is really obsolete... (because Geo-11)

Post by petermg »

So I noticed it's not available for sale anymore (I bought it):
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1127310/HelixVision/
But I was thinking to recommend it to some people because it works so well with Geo-11.
posting.php?mode=quote&p=184548
I think you should bring it back. That's my opinion. I know you refer to VRScreenCap, and while it's good, it's got it's own issues, at least for me, whereas HelixVision doesn't. Just my .02, I think you should bring it back. If you feel like it's obsolete, maybe offer it for free instead of delist it?
For some reason when I use VRScreenCap with my Quest2 via AirLink, the screen judders a lot while I pan my head. When I use virtual desktop from my Quest 2 wirelessly and use VRScreenCap via SteamVR, I don't have that issue for some reason but sometimes the screen gets locked to my face and I don't know why!? I don't know what's triggering it and can't seem to stop it from happening and I don't see anything mentioned about it on the github page.
I think HelixVision is great. Only suggestions are to add MXAA perhaps and/or resolution scaling, and the option to remove the ground so that I can lower my screen without it getting obscured by the ground. It's still very useful for use Geo-11 users.
UPDATE:I modded one of the files in HelixVision to remove the floor. If anyone is interested just download this file here:
https://mega.nz/file/bNhSFZaJ#Vhv1m4AHk ... CFbkwu3_ro
extract it, and copy it over the file "level0" in "\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\HelixVision\Tools\Katanga\katanga_Data"
bo3bber LMK if you would prefer me to remove this from my post and I will, hopefully you're cool with it. Thanks.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: I don't think HelixVision is really obsolete... (because Geo-11)

Post by The_Nephilim »

Yes I do not think it is obsolete either as you could incorporat ge0-11 fixes in with Helicvision,. It is the best program for 3d and VR Headsets.. Sad to know one day it might not be on Steam for download anymore as it was pulled from being on sale which sucks..

The program was not too hard to get working it did take some configuring sometimes but most times if the fix was already there for ir it was already solved. I really like this Program and hopefullysomething better is in the works or similar.
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
aa07
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by aa07 »

I was lucky to purchase it before it became unavailable.
But I have never used it, i was afraid to mess with my drivers tbh.

Does it override current Nvidia drivers? Or are those more like standalone packs?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vr2000
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vr2000 »

if i understand correctly the reason helix was removed from steam was because on steam the tech support was too much for one person to handle 24/7?

so if you could buy helixvision somewhere besides steam and just pay the author directly (like vorpx) with the notice that support is community only, that would be fine

hopefully they can consider offering that option?

mariah9x wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:12 am I'm not sure why you're all so eager for 3D to go in favor of VR, but I'd say you already got what you wanted
well i tried to get more information about 3dvision but it is so niche that i didnt get enough information to try it instead of a vr hmd
like one question i never got a reply to was what is the depth difference between 3dvision projector and 3d vr hmd? would a 3dvision projector have the same sense of farness and closeness, better, or worse?
also the sunglasses effect of the active shutter glasses kind of sucks, it makes everything darker :( i still want to try 3dvision with a projector instead of hmd but i would want to use like a laser based one with tons of lumens to make the picture bright as possible
john105
Cross Eyed!

Post by john105 »

vr2000 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:41 am like one question i never got a reply to was what is the depth difference between 3dvision projector and 3d vr hmd? would a 3dvision projector have the same sense of farness and closeness, better, or worse?
The depth is adjustable with 3DVision monitor/TV/projector using Ctrl+F4 and Ctrl+F3. Also convergence is adjustable with Ctrl+F6 and Ctrl+F5, but it needs to be enable in nvidia control panel first.
vr2000 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:41 am also the sunglasses effect of the active shutter glasses kind of sucks, it makes everything darker :(
I set my monitor brightness to 15% in 2D mode and 30% in 3D mode and it's bright enough for me with the active shutter glasses. I don't have experience with projectors, but I would guess that if you don't need to set the brightness above 50% in 2D, 3D should also be fine.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”