Zalman review

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
DarcSchnider
One Eyed Hopeful

Zalman review

Post by DarcSchnider »

I recently got my Zalman 22" and from all the testing I have done it is an awesome monitor. I use to use the ed glasses as well the Z800 goggles both were not bad for what was avalible at the time. The Zalman in 2d looks very bright and vibrant compared to my other lcd panels. The white and black levels are very good and the picture quality is very clear. I now use this monitor as my main vs my 26" which has higher resolution just becuase of the clarity. The 3D took a little tweaking on some games but I noticed that alot of the supported games has a pop up overlay notice by the driver to tell you what you need to change for optimal 3d viewing which I was very impressed by. I generally play MMO's and currenlty playing Warhammer and can sit there for hours with no eye strain head aches etc. Infact it really draws me to play the game more just because it looks so damn awesome. The only con I see is the interlace. The 2D text in games is readable but not completely clear. I found using dragon and setting up the tweak for mmo's fixed alot of the text. infact the interfaces are all displayed in 2D alont with the Text well the rest of the graphics continue to have depth. The downside to this is the cursor is up front and has no depth, but I found this did not impact my ability to play with the exception of having a few issues targeting other players off in the distance in PVP. The nice part is most MMO's have an icon change when you are over an object so these makes up for the depth as an indicator that I have the correct object highlighted. The Movies I have tested with the included Zalman player seems pretty good in comparison to other players. FPS I am currently testing out Far Cry 2 , Crysis and Fall out 3 which is a hybrid mmo/fps mix. From what I can see there is little issues with these other then some post processing which usually just require them to be brought down a notch or using dragon to change a few things to make it more compatible.

Thats my review of the Zalman. Just wish I had an Iz3d to compare it too. Now that they have dropped in price I may add that to my wish list in the next few months ;)

Oh almost for got I have the following config:
i7 965Extreme
Asus Rampage II extreme
Vista 64 (the vista 32 nvidia drovers work fine with it)
6gb ram
2x280gtx sli OC
Zalman 22" trimon with 2nd 26" samsung using expanded desktop
300GB Raptor + 1TB Stripe
Creative Frailty Pro using DD Live out put with Sony 5.1 dobly digital headphones
Logitech G15 + MS sidewinder mouse.
RS422
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Zalman review

Post by RS422 »

Hi! I too have monitor Zalman. At you it has turned out to start a stereo in DX.10 on FarCry2 and Fallout3? At me - is not present. And in Crysis - water is displayed incorrectly. You use a sheaf of drivers 174.74/174.76 which were delivered together with the monitor? When I tried to pass to newer version FW - keys Ctrl+F5/F6 have ceased to work for me. You did not try?
DarcSchnider
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Zalman review

Post by DarcSchnider »

I am presently using the 180.48 display driver with the 174.76 stereo driver. I am testing them out soon. I have been trying various things with Fallout and I see whaty ou mean by the convergence not working so it seems.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”