Does mtbs3d want a new 3D Fix Manager - of sorts for Drivers, Katanga, Geo11, 3DVulkan?

samfisherirl
One Eyed Hopeful

Does mtbs3d want a new 3D Fix Manager - of sorts for Drivers, Katanga, Geo11, 3DVulkan?

Post by samfisherirl »

Hello everyone. I've been around here the last year making little menus and GUI and interfaces. My favorite thing is to bridge the gap between some of the prolific developers in and around this community and the average user who has no developer experience and finds even small ini files to be a challenge.

With the thousands of hours of work that go into each one of these different fixes, I find it a trivial decision when I think about the idea of making a lot of this stuff palatable to the General Public. Let's say 1 thousand people right now use geo11 as a solution for wanting to play 2d games in 3d. If there's a GUI or menu or application to do the work of setting up and configuring everything and giving them a nice pretty way to go about it, I would say it be a conservative guess to say that geo11 would probably have 2,000 users with that sort of on-ramp.

Even though it may be peanuts, what I do, in the grand scheme of things compared to the original Developers, I think it's a travesty not to bring some of these solutions to a bigger audience with all the work that goes into it.

This is not a complaint, I just like looking for problems and solving them.

I recently started redesigning the Geo11 mod manager to provide more advanced features such as 1:1 steam library import >> this is import. No browsing for files or games. I won't list all the features but I'm very excited about it and post all the info here:https://discord.gg/T4KAqzBHqH (flat2vr/geo11)

The biggest question I get asked is does it support other things like the 3D fix manager. I know I've talked about the state of 3D fix manager with Bob, and others and from my understanding these are passion projects and I get it that other things come up or take priority and you can't do everything we only have so much free time outside of work. I definitely don't at the same time want to impose that I have this new solution or proposition if others have plans in the works and I'd be stepping on toes.

So my first question is to the community, is there an appetite for a 3D fix manager alternative. To some of the devs, if what I said about 3D fix manager is wrong or you have understanding of its current state that is different from mine please correct me and any input would be appreciated.

Cheers happy New Year. This was done voice to text so sorry for grammar errors
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Does mtbs3d want a new 3D Fix Manager - of sorts for Drivers, Katanga, Geo11, 3DVulkan?

Post by whyme466 »

Many of us on this website are comfortable searching for and moving files, and making minor .ini edits, so the tools you describe would be more useful for first time users. Since most 3D display manufacturing stopped in 2016, the primary source for new, inexperienced users would be in the HelixVision domain - that is, VR HMD users attempting to use 3D Vision game content. As bo3b and PaulDusler have demonstrated with the recent disappearance of HelixVision, this is a very challenging area to support.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
samfisherirl
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Does mtbs3d want a new 3D Fix Manager - of sorts for Drivers, Katanga, Geo11, 3DVulkan?

Post by samfisherirl »

whyme466 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:20 pm Many of us on this website are comfortable searching for and moving files, and making minor .ini edits, so the tools you describe would be more useful for first time users. Since most 3D display manufacturing stopped in 2016, the primary source for new, inexperienced users would be in the HelixVision domain - that is, VR HMD users attempting to use 3D Vision game content. As bo3b and PaulDusler have demonstrated with the recent disappearance of HelixVision, this is a very challenging area to support.
I would agree with everything you said. I am a VR HMD user who enjoyed having stuff all in one place. I suppose with the exception of drivers, I'm not taking any additional steps for providing HMD solutions that also benefit 3DV solution.
Cyber77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cyber77 »

In my opinion the new Mod Manager should be simple, first of all. Because the support of this Mod Manager should be in the focus, and canceling features to have a manageable support should be not regretted.

The Helixvision was a mega killer app, 3dmigoto dx11, Helixmod dx9, opengl wrapper, vulkan wrapper, Unity, (manual geo11) and experimental Depth3d ! To support all this you need a full team !

VK3Dvision are 6 Games, and verified VR Geo-11 fixes are a bunch, but it's manageable. And the the other fix types should be left behind ! In my opinion the new Mod Manager should not support a "hacker mode" for non verified stuff. For those who are able to use non verified stuff is no Mod Manager needed, or they can enter the non verified fixes by them selves, but the public should not get support for that.

I did not use the compatiblity mode of nvidia, is it dx12 ready or not ?

Because if not we need a z-buffer solution for dx12 in the future, and the only good one i know is depth3d, but this is reshade based. And to support something like that additionally is not manageable, unless it would be put in a standalone 3dfix with the reshade.dll, the depth3d shader and a custom reshade_preset.ini for each game with a deactivated reshade in-game menu by default and no support for the shader settings for the public. For those who are able to use rehade's settings is no mod manager needed, they can do that on their own.

In my opinion it should be communicated that the Mod Manager is specially for beginners and there will be no support for more than that, those who want to become shader hacker are welcome, but there's no support in the Mod Manager.

Last, in my opinion it should be released on github and not on steam, and the support should be here on mtbs to prevent your overload in the support !
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

I doubt that HelixVision users peruse these forums very often, since Helixvision/ 3DFixManager does most of the work for them. That's if they are even aware of this forum.

Part of the problem with feedback, is the community here is very small and lurkers will always lurk, despite being able to contribute.

Has your app been downloaded very many times? Perhaps requiring a log-in to acquire it will help you determine the user base and give a direct way to
engage them via a mass e-mail directing them to polls/threads open for discussion.

I would have thought that bo3b would have been happy to find another interested coder to collaborate with.
samfisherirl wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:46 amSo my first question is to the community, is there an appetite for a 3D fix manager alternative. To some of the devs, if what I said about 3D fix manager is wrong or you have understanding of its current state that is different from mine please correct me and any input would be appreciated.
I do hope that you hear from them and receive their input/feelings/perspective.]

As for myself, I own a HMD and HelixVision, but never use it, due to an eye issue. I also do not use 3DFixManager, simply because I like to do things manually,
since I often try/play random games. So I've no idea about it's current state, but speaking for the Lurkers...I'm sure that they appreciate your efforts :)

I was bummed to see HelixVision no longer being sold, since I wanted to purchase it for my grandson, he got a HMD for Xmas :(
BazzaLB
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by BazzaLB »

rosydam wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:06 pm It's great to hear about your enthusiasm for bridgingPokemon Infinite Fusion the gap between developers and average users, and for making complex fixes and solutions more accessible. Offering a user-friendly interface or application to configure and set up these solutions can certainly help a broader audience benefit from them.
I don't think the OP is active any more tbh. They havent posted for nearly 6 months.

This describes a lot of the previously active 3D Fixers/developers. Masterotaku seems to be the only active person left. There is some greener pasture somewhere where they are probably all hanging out :)
11900K/3080 - Vive Pro - Sony 3DTV
Porlonus
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Porlonus »

BazzaLB
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by BazzaLB »

Porlonus wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:03 am Did you read his note here? https://github.com/samfisherirl/Geo11_Mod_Manager
Not sure if this was directed at me, but the readme looks the same as it did months ago tbh. Anyway, if you know something different, feel free to share.
11900K/3080 - Vive Pro - Sony 3DTV
claree88
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by claree88 »

Porlonus wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:03 am Did you read his note here? https://github.com/samfisherirl/Geo11_Mod_Manager Pokemon Fusion
Great! It will be interesting to test!

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”