A few beginner questions

aa07
One Eyed Hopeful

A few beginner questions

Post by aa07 »

Hey folks, I have a set of burning, rookie questions.
Apologies in advance if these are common knowledge.
Please point me in the right direction if that's the case.

I've tried some Geo-11 profiles from the Helixmod blog and I was blown away by the superb visual quality.
I was also surprised it was so simple to implement, drag and drop. Wow.
So, here is what I would like to know:

About Geo-11:
- Are there more (standalone) Geo-11 profiles than those specifically listed in the Helixmod blog?
- It seems there is a universal profile for Unreal engine, is this accessible on David Lockwood's patreon's with membership?
- Is there a guide to implement this universal fix on a game by game basis? Or do we search the threads for that?
For example, Jedi Fallen Order is not listed on the Geo-11 only listing on the blog (like DMC5), but I do see it mentioned on the forum.
What would I have to do in order to get that going for JFO, UE titles, and other games not currently in the blog?

Regarding 3D Fix Manager:
- Do you need to downgrade Nvidia drivers to use this app?
I understand that this is needed for 3D Vision fixes, but what about for other options like Migoto or Geo-11 3D profiles?
Is it possible to use the app - at least in some capacity - without touching the drivers and get badass 3D like Geo-11?

Alternate 3D Vision-only setup:
I primarily use VR for 3D gaming, standalone VR mods, Vorpx, Vk3DVision, Luke Ross, praydog, etc. with a decently powerful setup.
But I also have the possibility to prepare an alternate rig for 3D Vision and its drivers (2nd pc, 1080ti, passive 3Dtv, etc.)
- Is it worth doing just for the 3D games that are 3D Vision exclusive and require the older driver setup?
Or at this point maybe it is better to wait for a replacement, or further Geo-11 updates?

On VR 3D viewer apps:
As mentioned above, I use VR for 3D gaming and my viewer apps are Virtual Desktop and Vorpx Desktop Viewer for now.
Some Geo-11 games work great with the latter (Vorpx DV one has saturation and sharpness sliders), but some other do not at all.
Virtual Desktop is compatible with all of them it seems, but the depth is interpreted slightly different and there is no way to increase color vibrancy making it look pale and muted in general.
- What are some commonly user or recommended apps for 3D VR in this community?

These are the most important questions that me and a friend have atm.
We used Tridef back in the day and have been into Vk3DVision, Vorpx for a while, but this is brand new to us.
We'd really appreciate any guidance offered.
Thanks in advance, folks!
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Re: A few beginner questions

Post by whyme466 »

If you can find a 2016 LG 55/65E6 (or C6) passive 4K 3D OLED TV, and pair this with a 2080Ti, you would have one of the best, most flexible 3D Vision setups. This would be best configured in a separate PC, since you are likely to require an older build OS, as well.

Any VR setup will generally require GPU processing power beyond a 2080Ti, and the newer NVIDIA drivers will only work with geo-11 3D Vision fixes (a more limited set of recent games). Note that most of the 3D modders have moved on. HelixVision, 3D Fix Manager, geo-11, and the Unreal Engine Universal Fix are among the currently non-supported products/tools.

I have 2 PCs - a VR dedicated build with a Founder’s 4090 and a Varjo Aero, and a dual-boot setup used for 3D Vision.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: A few beginner questions

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”