Coming back... with swapped eyes

OneH
One Eyed Hopeful

Coming back... with swapped eyes

Post by OneH »

A cordial greeting to the forum. I'm new here and in recent days I have visited this forum and others looking for information but I can't find it, to see if someone has a solution.

I was a happy 3DVision user with GTX 560ti, Nvidia 3D Vision Ready approved LG 120Hz and an Acer x1383wh projector that runs at 120Hz but is not officially approved by Nvidia. I did an override with an EDID from another projector with the same specifications and approved by Nvidia. It worked great.

The years passed, the graphics card died, the children and work... Totally, the glasses ended up in a drawer and next to an HDD with a generous 3D catalog and Steam began to gather dust... I replaced the graphics card with a GTX 1060 .

Now I wanted to revive 3D and play a game with my son. It's being an odyssey!!

Thanks to you and the community, I have been avoiding the problems due to the abandonment of Nvidia.

I am using 3DFM, Losti Script and version 452.22 of the driver + Stereo 425.31. Because the isolated 425.31 leaves the receiver always on and gives more failures.

On the monitor it works perfectly. But on the projector I get the image with the eyes on the wrong side.
Maybe it's because I have the projector anchored to the ceiling, but it manages the change automatically, it only seems to fail on this.
I can give up my dignity and wear my glasses backwards but I want to fix it.

I have found this information:
"After the .inf hack was applied and the display is working with the swapped eyes, open regedt32.exe and find the NVidia Stereo3D settings. ON my Windows 7 64-bit machine it is at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global \Stereo3D, I guess in 32-bit OS it is going to be at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D.
Now find the keys 'InterleavePattern0' and 'InterleavePattern1', and modify their values from 0x00ff00ff to 0xff00ff00."

But this information is old, it even mentions W7. Well, I can't find InterleavePattern0 in the registry. The route throws me options but none is this.

In the Nvidia Panel settings there is supposed to be an option to configure the Stereo swap eyes, but it doesn't appear either. In fact, nothing configurable from Stero appears here.

It is also giving me a lot of problems, I have to change the resolution of the games because when I start them it takes me out of 720p 120hz and throws the red Warning text and everything is ruined. Some games like HW Unleashed.. They try to boot at 1280x800 60hz, I have to set it to 800x600, then for some unknown reason the projector switches to 1280x720 120hz and works (eyes swapped).
For the record, on the GTX560 I was using DVI-I to VGA on the projector. Now on the GTX 1060 I use HDMI to an HDMI MHL to the projector, because it has no other input. Could there be some transfer limit that is sending everything to ruin?

Any ideas?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Coming back... with swapped eyes

Post by 3DNovice »

... .
Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
treeeddd
Cross Eyed!

Post by treeeddd »

Any ideas?
I remember I had to flip the glasses over to see the 3d properly when I was testing out non 3d vision monitors. You can rewire the glasses too from what I'm told.

Better yet, there's a program that allows you to adjust the timing of the 3d glasses called NvTimingsEd, it allows allow you to swap the eyes by sending the first frame to either the left or right.

So you have to figure out how to use the program yourself as I haven't seen a guide on how to use it. Pretty much the monitor ID is where it needs to be changed under. CRU is a useful tool as well to see which monitor ID it is. the monitor ID can be changed too if you want to tune in the glasses for less crosstalk.
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Flannery wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:25 am Welcome to the forum! It's excellent to see any one making an attempt to revive 3D and revel in it with their son. I apprehend your frustration with the troubles you are facing, however do not worry, there are nevertheless options out there. Have you tried attaining out to the Nvidia neighborhood or assist team? They may have extra up to date data that ought to assist you restore the issue. Keep digging and do not supply up, there is continually extra to discover!
You just spam some link in every post you make on this board?

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”