3DVision1 glasses no power with new battery

Vic
One Eyed Hopeful

3DVision1 glasses no power with new battery

Post by Vic »

Three pairs of glasses: 2x V1 and 1x V2. I've bought some replacement batteries and successfully installed them in both the V1 and V2, both can be swapped around and work fine, but neither of them work in the other V1 pair.

The LED lights up green on the working pairs, but it does not on the faulty V1 even though the orange charging light flashes when plugged in. It just won't turn on even though it charges.

It's not the battery or the charging plate but something else wrong with the faulty V1 pair, but what?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Vic on Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: 3DVision1 glasses no power with new battery

Post by bo3bber »

For V1 glasses, the normal charging behavior is a solid orange, not flashing.

Flashing orange suggests some sort of fault or possibly bad charging plate. You might look at the bottom of the plate for the ICs to see if you can see any detached leads. Soldering on the top could have loosened the ICs on the bottom.

Another thought is- are you sure you've got it wired properly? You might try swapping red/black to see.
Vic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vic »

I updated the original post after more testing. I tried 2 new batts and they both work in my V1 and V2 glasses, but neither work when plugged into the other pair of V1. All three make the same flashing orange light when charging. Here's another photo with a working V2, this battery also works in the other V1 but not the faulty V1.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Vic wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:49 pm I updated the original post after more testing. I tried 2 new batts and they both work in my V1 and V2 glasses, but neither work when plugged into the other pair of V1. All three make the same flashing orange light when charging. Here's another photo with a working V2, this battery also works in the other V1 but not the faulty V1.
In the 2nd pic it almost looks like you're using two charge circuits. One on the battery and the other on the rails.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
treeeddd
Cross Eyed!

Post by treeeddd »

My main pair of glasses bought years ago when 3dvision came out are still working. I bought a second pair for backup last year, but the batteries are dead. 3d vision 2 glasses and emitter are still not cheap due to how rare they've become. The emitter is harder to come by it seems.

I have some wireless headphone batteries that might work as well as a replacement.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”