Performance gains with Geo-11 somewhat smoke and mirrors ?

Metal-o-Holic
One Eyed Hopeful

Performance gains with Geo-11 somewhat smoke and mirrors ?

Post by Metal-o-Holic »

Fellow 3d enthusiasta, i put somewhat jarring topic to get some attention.

What is your thoughts about This ?

Currently on my system the 3d vision frame sequential output is someway broken. it works but there is some issue with synch but this does not affect in games "visuals" and performance
i tried Days Gone with the latest fixe.

I run the game first in frame sequential 3d @ 2560x1440p@100hz
then i tried the sbs mode of geo-11 with the same setup without my hacked edid so the game runs straight like it would run on any hardware without 3d vision.
I needed to switch the ingame resolution to 3840x2160 to get the game to look about as sharp and clean as with the 2560x1440 frame sequential and even without taking
number the game run much much better at 2560x1440p@100hz than on the sbs at 3840x2160@50hz

I understand that the sbs is only half so that´s why the ingame resolution needs to be that high to get similar results but i don´t understand how come the frame rate is so trach compared to the frame sequential.
I also played some of two of us with my wife using the same 3840x2160@50 sbs mode and it run somewhat poop at the limit of dipping constantly under the 50fps limit to 30-40´s and when we played the game last time when i still had the frame sequential working properly there was zero fraem rate issues.
back then i run the game in 1920x1080@100hz though but still.

and i can say that when geo-11 was introduced and i was playing only in regular 3d vision frame sequential mode using the geo fixes i got boosts in almoust every game that i noticed.

So is my question is, Is geo-11 Bleeding performance atleast in the SBS mode
Metal-o-Holic
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Performance gains with Geo-11 somewhat smoke and mirrors ?

Post by Metal-o-Holic »

LOL about the respond i was expecting.
DirtySanchez
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Performance gains with Geo-11 somewhat smoke and mirrors ?

Post by DirtySanchez »

You’re outputting sbs, but you’re still rendering at full res. Perhaps your gpu is bottlenecked.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”