Is there a solution for watching 3D movies as well?

Andess
One Eyed Hopeful

Is there a solution for watching 3D movies as well?

Post by Andess »

Hello.
I became aware of this forum through the 3d Vision Driver Changer. I currently use the following hardware and software for viewing 3d:

- Computer with Windows 10
- Nvidia GTX 960 with driver 425.31
- Nvidia 3D Vision glasses of the first generation + dongle
- Beamer emachines V700 with Acer H5360 EDID override
- CyberLink Power DVD

Here in the forum I can see that solutions exist to enjoy video games in 3D even with current drivers. However, I am mainly interested in watching movies in 3D. Is there a solution for that as well? For understandable reasons, I would like to update my driver, and at some point I'm sure my hardware, without having to give up 3D Vision.
DirtySanchez
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Is there a solution for watching 3D movies as well?

Post by DirtySanchez »

If you’re using the latest version of Powerdvd, then you need to downgrade to 19 or earlier.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andess
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Andess »

Excuse me. It seems that I have expressed myself in a misleading way. With my current configuration, I can still watch movies without any problems. But I'm afraid that with a change to an up-to-date driver or at some point to new hardware sucah as a new graphics card, this possibility might disappear.

Now I have heard that with the "geo-11 3D driver" games can be played in 3D even with modern drivers and graphics cards and I would like to know if there is a comparable solution for watching movies.
But according to your link, 3DNovice, it seems that there is no such solution, right?
treeeddd
Cross Eyed!

Post by treeeddd »

The nvidia 3d vision video player is pretty nice, you can change the aspect ratio and change the parallax to suite your needs. I chose this over cyberlink powerdvd because it doesn't do that, especially for 3d images. I got into creating depth maps for 2d images/video to turn them into 3d with the power of AI.

the geo-11 3d drivers are only for gaming. 3d Videos are usually just SBS images that are separated for each eye by the 3d vision driver. I'm not sure if non-compatible 3d vision graphics cards are supported for 3d videos. I think non-3d vision graphics cards can so some sort of 3d output to projection screens, but i'm don't know.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
pepelatz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pepelatz »

Andess wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:09 pm With my current configuration, I can still watch movies without any problems. But I'm afraid that with a change to an up-to-date driver or at some point to new hardware sucah as a new graphics card, this possibility might disappear.
Win10 1809 LTSC
RTX 3070
Nvidia drivers 517.48
3DVision drivers install with 3DVision driver changer by Losti
PowerDVD 19
SBS 3D video work when PowerDVD in fullscreen mode (all interface elements must be hide)
BD3D ISO work when PowerDVD in fullscreen mode (all interface elements must be hide)
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Why not use last gen console hardware like PS4/3 or Xbox One to play 3D Blu-ray movies, instead of trying to use PC? Note that latest generation PS and Xbox consoles do NOT support 3D Blu-ray playback. I have a large library of 3D movies, and the older consoles continue to work well for playing these 3D movies.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Andess
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Andess »

pepelatz wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:16 am Win10 1809 LTSC
RTX 3070
Nvidia drivers 517.48
3DVision drivers install with 3DVision driver changer by Losti
PowerDVD 19
SBS 3D video work when PowerDVD in fullscreen mode (all interface elements must be hide)
BD3D ISO work when PowerDVD in fullscreen mode (all interface elements must be hide)
I tried it yesterday, but it didn't work. As soon as driver 517 is installed via 3d Vision driver changer, it tells me, that 3D vision drivers couldn't be installed, because the two drivers don't fit together.
Or do you mean to use 3d Vision driver changer to install an older driver temporarily? Well, then I think that installing them manually would be easier for me.
If you mean something else, please tell me step-by-step what to do.
whyme466 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:33 am Why not use last gen console hardware like PS4/3 or Xbox One to play 3D Blu-ray movies, instead of trying to use PC? Note that latest generation PS and Xbox consoles do NOT support 3D Blu-ray playback. I have a large library of 3D movies, and the older consoles continue to work well for playing these 3D movies.
There are some answers to your question.

1. I don't have any of these consoles and also don't feel like spending money on them.
2. How do the consoles work together with Nvidia 3d Vision? If they can't they are absolutely useless to me.
3. I'm not only talking about Blu-ray. I also got some video files, stereo pictures and so on.
4. With the PC I can quickly change to watch Netflix, Youtube, own media of every type, documents, internet browsers, video games, Blender, Unreal Engine, Adobe programs and more on the really big screen.

So, a console is very inconvenient for my purposes.
odd359
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by odd359 »

Andess wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:57 pm I tried it yesterday, but it didn't work. As soon as driver 517 is installed via 3d Vision driver changer, it tells me, that 3D vision drivers couldn't be installed, because the two drivers don't fit together.
Same Problem for me with Win11 and a 3060 Ti :-(
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

odd359
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by odd359 »

Ok, now ive changed to std driver .. 472 ? or something.. and now it worked. it installed 3d vision for me..

Windows 11, Rtx 3060 Ti
Powerdvd Ultra 19 now detects my Beamer/Projector as 3D 😀.. working perfect !!
pepelatz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pepelatz »

Andess wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:57 pm If you mean something else, please tell me step-by-step what to do.
Good. I will describe only the necessary steps.
1.Remove current drivers using DDU.
If I'm not mistaken, Driver changer will not install DCH (517.XX) drivers over non-DCH (425.31).
2.Install the new (517.XX) drivers in the standard way.
According to my observations, the Driver changer does not work on a "clean" (without a video driver) system, and goes into a cyclic "preparation". Maybe it's just me.
3.Run 3Dvision driver changer and reinstall the new drivers in a full cycle (with automatic reboot and so on).
This method works for me.
Petr70
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Petr70 »

Have a nice day.
I'm new member this forum and glad I found you.. :)

So I'll use this thread to ask:

I am looking for a working solution to play 3D Blu-ray .iso files (frame packed) movies on Windows 11.

I have a 3Dtv LG OLED65E6V connected to a PC with a GeForce 1050Ti via HDMI.

Does anyone have verified functionality in a similar configuration under Win11 please?
And if so, with what version and build (Standard or DCH) of the drivers?

The 3d Vision driver changer described here is the last known solution that I know.
I wanted to try the procedure described here:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/fo ... e-played-/
But then it dawned on me that it probably won't work after Windows 10 20H2 is released.

Thank you for every opinion and recommendation or implementation process.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Andess
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Andess »

odd359 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:53 pm Ok, now ive changed to std driver .. 472 ? or something.. and now it worked. it installed 3d vision for me..

Windows 11, Rtx 3060 Ti
I tried it and that works for me, too.
I deinstalled all drivers, then installed driver 472 standard driver and it works. I also don't have to fix any "always on" bugs like with the 425 non-standard driver. Only thing I have to take care of is to change the 3d display manually from "3d vision experience" to the projector.
pepelatz wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:50 am
Andess wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:57 pm If you mean something else, please tell me step-by-step what to do.
Good. I will describe only the necessary steps.
1.Remove current drivers using DDU.
If I'm not mistaken, Driver changer will not install DCH (517.XX) drivers over non-DCH (425.31).
2.Install the new (517.XX) drivers in the standard way.
According to my observations, the Driver changer does not work on a "clean" (without a video driver) system, and goes into a cyclic "preparation". Maybe it's just me.
3.Run 3Dvision driver changer and reinstall the new drivers in a full cycle (with automatic reboot and so on).
This method works for me.
I don't know if I did something wrong, but this didn't work for me. It still ends with "can't install 3d vision driver" after the installation of the current driver version.
Petr70
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Petr70 »

3DNovice wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:41 am Have a look at this linked thread
3DNovice wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:34 pm Tullebob posted a great solution for ISO files
viewtopic.php?t=26454
Thank you very much for the link, but it seems to me that Tullebob is going a completely different route.
He is also using an outdated version of Windows if I understand correctly.

But I'll come back to it latter yet... :)
Petr70
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Petr70 »

Andess wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:02 am
odd359 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:53 pm Ok, now ive changed to std driver .. 472 ? or something.. and now it worked. it installed 3d vision for me..

Windows 11, Rtx 3060 Ti
I deinstalled all drivers, then installed driver 472 standard driver and it works. I also don't have to fix any "always on" bugs like with the 425 non-standard driver. Only thing I have to take care of is to change the 3d display manually from "3d vision experience" to the projector.
Gentlemens, please clarify.
Do the 472 standard drivers really work for you without restrictions?
As far as 452.22 I know the very last driver where one can enable 3DV.

Does the stereoscopic display setting and test in the nvidia control panel work for you too?

PowerDVD 19 Ultra then detects 3DTV correctly?

btw: what exactly do you mean by: "... change the 3d display manually from "3d vision experience" to the projector." ?

Many thanks for your respond.
Andess
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Andess »

Petr70 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:28 am Do the 472 standard drivers really work for you without restrictions?
For MY purposes, watching videos in 3d, I couldn't find restrictions until now.
Petr70 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:28 am Does the stereoscopic display setting and test in the nvidia control panel work for you too?
Yes.
Petr70 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:28 am PowerDVD 19 Ultra then detects 3DTV correctly?
Yes, after I changed the display:
Petr70 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:28 am btw: what exactly do you mean by: "... change the 3d display manually from "3d vision experience" to the projector." ?
In the Nvidia control panel under Stereoscopic 3D -> Set up stereoscopic 3D, when "enable stereoscopic 3d" is activated, there is the option "Stereoscopic 3D display type" and this is automatically set to "3D Vision Discover". I have to change this to the name of my projector. After that, Nvidia/my pc know that they have to use my projector as 3D display and then, but only then, PowerDVD or Nvidia's 3D photo program for showing jps files in 3D (forgot the name of that program) work fine.
Petr70
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Petr70 »

Thank you very much Andress for all the answers. It is very hopeful that everything works. :)

Please, I have an additional question regarding installation via 3D Vision Driver Charger:
Andess wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:02 am

Windows 11, Rtx 3060 Ti
I deinstalled all drivers, then installed driver 472 standard driver and it works.
Did I understand correctly that you didn't use DDU and just uninstalled the previous driver via the Windows Control Panel before running the 3D Vision Charger?

And then, after starting 3D Vision Drive Charger, select option "9" (Install Lasest official Nvidia-Driver or... ) without changing other settings?

Once again, thank you very much for your reply and possible clarification.
Andess
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Andess »

To be honest I can't really remember how I installed driver 472 exactly. I mean, if I did it via the 3d vision changer or by downloading the driver and installing it myself.
But I deinstalled any old drivers first and then installed driver 472 standard.
Petr70
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Petr70 »

But does the standalone 472 driver have 3D-Vision support at all?
I think official support ended in 425.31
I understood it so that 3D-Vision is implemented in 472 "repacked" in 3D Vision Charger.
Correct me if I'm wrong...
Andess
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Andess »

Most probably I did use installation with 3d vision driver changer and then installing the driver the way you mentioned. But I'm not 100% sure about it, so I don't want do say that I definitely did it that way. Just try it out. If it doesn't work, you can still usw DDU do delete the driver and have a new try.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”