Limited to anaglyph 3D on my passive 3DTV with edid override on DX9 games on 3080 Ti

kaendd
One Eyed Hopeful

Limited to anaglyph 3D on my passive 3DTV with edid override on DX9 games on 3080 Ti

Post by kaendd »

Hello,

I have a passive 3D TV with edid override (LG oled 65C6V) and a 3080 Ti rig with 512.95 nvidia driver and Windows 10 1803. I know it's possible to play DX9 games in stereo 3D on RTX 30XX cards by adding nvidia S3D driver.
I have installed the 3D vision driver with 3DFM, and my TV is detected as certified for passive 3D in Nvidia control panel, but i am actually limited to anaglyph. When i launch any DX9 game or the test in Nvidia control panel i have always anaglyph rendering. Is it possible to fix this?
I also have another rig based on a 2080ti with 425.31 driver and my 3D TV is working perfectly in passive 3D in both DX9 and DX11 games with the edid override.

By the way Geo-11 is working perfectly for all DX11 games with my 3080 Ti using the TAB renderer, thank you for the creators :)
BazzaLB
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Limited to anaglyph 3D on my passive 3DTV with edid override on DX9 games on 3080 Ti

Post by BazzaLB »

It seems injecting 3DV into 5xx driver via 3DFM does not allow 3DTV Play to work properly (I dont think it identifies the TV properly for frame packed display without running the "3D Wizard Setup" which obviously is not available). I noticed the exact same thing with my 3DTV and 511.65 / 3080 setup (I also have another machine 1080ti / 452.06 that works perfectly with my TV).

The new method to use latest drivers (5xx) will leave 3DTV Play non-functional I believe and therefore we should just use SBS/TAB (Which is perfectly fine my me as its fantastic being able to run 3D on my 3080) so no need to bother with injecting 3DV if you have 3DTV Play (It doesn't work).
kaendd
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Limited to anaglyph 3D on my passive 3DTV with edid override on DX9 games on 3080 Ti

Post by kaendd »

Thanks for the info. Actually i'm not using 3DTV play, but an EDID override to fool the driver into thinking that my TV is a 3D Vision ready passive monitor. But the problem is the same it seems.

I'd like to use TAB or SBS but i don't think it's possible for DX9 games. I was only able to get a TAB or SBS output with DX11 games (with 3D migoto and Geo-11).
Maybe i'm wrong but i don't think 3D migoto works with DX9.
Dazzawill
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dazzawill »

I'm thinking the same thing. How do we play DX9 Games in 5XX drivers without 3dtvplay functionality, for the exact reasons youve stated above. I dont believe you can inject Geo11 into a dx9 patched game. I dont see how its possible
kaendd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kaendd »

Finally, I managed to get it working by simply modifying a registry value. Thanks tadpole for the hint.
The location of this registry entry is here:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\StereoViewerType
I just set the StereoViewerType value to 00e20000 (instead of 00000001).
This value is for line interlaced output, if you have another type of 3D you must enter another value.
petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

Dazzawill wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:41 am I'm thinking the same thing. How do we play DX9 Games in 5XX drivers without 3dtvplay functionality, for the exact reasons youve stated above. I dont believe you can inject Geo11 into a dx9 patched game. I dont see how its possible
For being on the latest Nvidia drivers I just use dgVoodoo2 to warp DX9 to DX11 then use Geo11. Works great. I even got a DX7 game working!!! :)
petermg
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by petermg »

kaendd wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:52 am Finally, I managed to get it working by simply modifying a registry value. Thanks tadpole for the hint.
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D\StereoViewerType
This value is for line interlaced output, if you have another type of 3D you must enter another value.
This is great to know. Where can I find this info, like what are the values for TAB and SBS? Thanks.
kaendd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kaendd »

petermg wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:22 pm
kaendd wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:52 am Finally, I managed to get it working by simply modifying a registry value. Thanks tadpole for the hint.
This is great to know. Where can I find this info, like what are the values for TAB and SBS? Thanks.
I have another computer with an older graphic card with 425.31 drivers and it was working perfectly in 3D vision passive 3D, so i just looked the StereoViewerType value in the registry on this computer and copied it on my new computer and it worked instantly.
Unfortunately i don't know what are the values for TAB or SBS. I don't even know if they exist in 3D vision. Maybe someone can help you if they are using 3D vision in TAB or SBS.

About DGVooDoo2 i tried it before i found this solution. It was working nicely with many games, but with some games i couldn't use it (One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 always crashes on launch with DGVooDoo2) so it wasn't the perfect solution.

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”