3D Vision Possible with 3 different monitors but only 1 monitor used?

spin1
Cross Eyed!

3D Vision Possible with 3 different monitors but only 1 monitor used?

Post by spin1 »

I have a Dell S2716DG, an Asus PG27V / PG27V (same thing), and a Samsung Odyssey G7 that I'm trying to compare to see which one is best with 3D Vision.

For now, I only installed the Asus and Dell. 3D doesn't seem to work anymore though. I'm trying to run games on the Dell and they just keep displaying in 2D and the emitter light stays on every time I exit the game.

I've already repaired / reinstalled the drivers (v425.xx) twice. I was just using this with no problems on 3x Dell monitors with no problems a few hours ago.

I'm not trying to run 2 or 3 monitor surround. I'm just trying to game and run 3D on one monitor
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: 3D Vision Possible with 3 different monitors but only 1 monitor used?

Post by The_Nephilim »

I am not sure but try it and see if it works..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
Vaeltaja
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaeltaja »

I kind of have experience in this but my setup was quite different: I tried this with 3D Vision ready monitor Asus VG248, LG tv with passive 3d (had to use EDID override) and crt monitor. For some reason 3D Vision made LG it's main display, even though in settings Asus was still the main display, and started to treat other monitors as passive as well, meaning that when trying to use Asus, the emitter lit and glasses turned on but the picture looked exactly like when you look 3d picture without glasses. In the end I had to uninstall display drivers in device manager and reinstall gpu driver to get 3D Vision work again like it should and just use the Asus monitor to play in 3d and not connect LG again. Weird thing is that I can still keep crt monitor connected with Asus and 3D Vision works as it should, but if I also connect that LG things start to go wrong.

I'm not sure which one is to blame, Windows or Nvidia gpu driver. One weird thing is that usually Windows recognizes Asus as main display, but sometimes it somehow "loses" it and only use the crt. In these cases I can't activate Asus in Windows display settings or Nvidia control panel. It still shows Asus in settings, but it's greyed out and I can't choose it - only thing that works is that I shut off pc and both displays completely (remove power cord from Asus etc.) and wait about 20-30 seconds. After that everything gets back to normal.

In theory it should be possible but for some reason it just doesn't work, at least not in my case.
spin1
Cross Eyed!

Post by spin1 »

Ya, I don't get it. I understand if trying to use 3D at the same time (eg. Nvidia Surround) that all monitors have to be the same but if only 1 monitor is being used for the game rendering and 3D then I don't understand why it makes a difference if other monitors are plugged in.

I'm trying to compare these monitors in 3D mode to see which one, during 3D Vision use, has less ghosting / crosstalk and more brightness. Seems more difficult than I imagined.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”