OT: What happened to PirateGuyBrush from old forum

BazzaLB
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

OT: What happened to PirateGuyBrush from old forum

Post by BazzaLB »

Sorry for the OT, but I wondered what happened to PirateGuyBrush from the old forum. Is he on these forums by another name? Curious where he is at.
11900K/3080 - Vive Pro - Sony 3DTV
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: OT: What happened to PirateGuyBrush from old forum

Post by 3DNovice »

I've wondered the same thing myself.

I was even wondering what he thought about the new Monkey Island art style.

If it works in 3D as papercut, I'll be ok with it, but it seems like they cheaped out by not using 3D models
Pirateguybrush
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Pirateguybrush »

Depends who's asking...

I haven't been gaming in 3D much for a while, for a number of reasons. I moved from a projector and 3D monitor to a TV and 1440p monitor which doesn't support 3D. I also got a VR headset, which satisfies most of my 3D gaming needs.

As for the new Monkey Island art style - my favourite MI art style is CMI, but I would have also liked to see a new take on 3D. The style for Return isn't to my taste, but it's not that important if it's a good game. Some people have been absolutely horrible about it, and it sounds like it's really upset Ron Gilbert. That's awful, and I fear it might make him not want to do another Monkey Island after this.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Great to see you again, mate.

The human brain is a strange beast ... the mind can forget a thousand compliments, but finds it difficult to forget the slightest slight...
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Pirateguybrush wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:02 am it's really upset Ron Gilbert. That's awful, and I fear it might make him not want to do another Monkey Island after this.
I thought the same thing, it's one thing to voice an opinion, but when it becomes abusive, to the point of harassment that is not ok in any way.
The steam forums can be very toxic at times

For anyone interested here's the Steam store page for the game
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2060 ... ey_Island/
BazzaLB
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by BazzaLB »

Great to hear from you PirateGuyBrush and even better to know you are still fit and well (At least enough to keep gaming :) ) and that your sense of humor is still in tact.

I gave up playing "3D" for a while when I got my VR set too. I bought a new machine with a 3080 as well (but I did keep my old 3D capable machine with 1080ti running). Then I gradually was drawn back into 3D games on my 3DTV without VR. Some of them just looked better in 3DVision than VR (Redout, Grip racing These support VR natively) because they just looked flat in VR. The crisp visuals and stereo depth can't be beaten really, and now with the addition of geo-11 (WOW, that was one hell of a surprise out of nowhere) I am back to playing loads of games that I stopped playing in 3D due to frame rate issues on my old box. Jedi: Fallen Order.. WOW, what a game in full on 60fps in 3D (Thanks DJ-RK).

Helixvision is brilliant but I have issues with the frame timing such that it doesn't look smooth to me and that's more because I have a headset that is fixed at 90fps which is not a good divider of 60fps (which is the ideal frame rate for HelixVision imo). Once I get a headset that can run at 120hz, I'm sure it'll be miles better for me and I'll transition to that instead probably. I play lots of VR (majority of my gaming really) but exclusively simulators (Racing, flight). I am lazy and hate walking around the room in VR (I used to do it all the time initially, but that novelty wore off and now all my VR is seated). I play my train sim (and snowrunner trucking) in geo-11 3D though (Thanks Losti).

As far as MI goes, I agree that CMI graphically was brilliant (and I also loved the game as a whole) and I was pretty disappointed they didn't continue along that aesthetic. Upon first seeing the RTMI trailer it immediately hit me how I hated the visuals, but I'm old (58) so assumed this was probably all the rage these days and I would be the exception. Well, rage was correct but not in the context I expected. Still, it was pretty disappointing. Most disappointing of all is I don't think it bodes well for great 3D LOL. (unless you like flat paper diaramas - could be wrong there though)
11900K/3080 - Vive Pro - Sony 3DTV
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Yeah man, very glad to hear you are well PirateGuyBrush 8)
Cheers!

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”