What should you be seeing with an IZ3D 22'' Monitor?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
harbingeriz3d
One Eyed Hopeful

What should you be seeing with an IZ3D 22'' Monitor?

Post by harbingeriz3d »

Okay after a long time with fidgeting with separation and convergence settings, I've only been able to get 1/2 of the s-3d experience.. which is depth. Before anyone comes in here and posts the same tutorial I've been looking at (please don't post it again, I need some real feedback here), hear me out... I've seen the tutorial, and followed the instructions it depicts in it. I can get the depth nice and good, it makes it seem as if there is no monitor at all (as far as depth goes however) . But my problem is the convergence being locked @ 0.50% separation. At the minimum setting where I can change convergence (0.63% separation...), it still doesn't give a pop out effect as described in the tutorial (Set it back far enough, close object should pop out)... Can someone tell me if I missed a memo or something? Or is it my eyes..? (even though I had passed the 3d test on the Iz3d site), because I can get 0 pop out effects at all. ..

All in all though, the 2d monitor is excellent and no problem with dead pixels/other settings.. the only issue is the S-3d...

Extra info:

tested games :
Call of Duty 4
Counter Strike
Left 4 Dead
Rome Total War: Barbarian Invasion
Warcraft III

*note: the issue is concurrent throughout all these games, no pop out but great depth.
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Re: What should you be seeing with an IZ3D 22'' Monitor?

Post by Welder »

Where are you setting your convergence point?

If you want, you could try to set it a few feet in front of your gun (gun may be a bit out of focus) it may help.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Ok - let's see what we can do!

Take the glasses off for a moment.

1. In your FPS game, ignore the gun. That won't work well as a measuring stick for you because of the way games are made.

2. Focus instead on a tree, the corner of the backing of a chair, or a branch.

Without the glasses, you want to see the tree start off separate, join together, and then separate again as you are walking towards it. If this isn't happening, the pop-out is not set up properly.

Regards,
Neil
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Neil I just tried this With ArmA and it worked sort of except It dod Not Seperate as I got closer it just went into 1 image as I got close but far away the image was seperated .. Do I have something wrong?? How do you set this up Properly??
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Ok

When you get close to the object, and it is joined together, high SHIFT + (plus).

It should separate.

Then walk back, and towards it again.

It should separate, join, and separate.

You may have to increase your separation a bit because the separation gets divided between the objects in the distance, and this convergence area you are working on. Like a see-saw effect!

Regards,
Neil

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”