Phantasy Star Online 2

FinalFoxX
One Eyed Hopeful

Phantasy Star Online 2

Post by FinalFoxX »

Anyone have a clue about how to go about getting a fix for this game? I believe it uses a modified Hedgehog engine from Sonic Lost World... as that was the only profile that worked for Vorpx. However Vorpx's Sonic Lost World profile won't support high resolution, needed for VR. Soooo.. The only thing I can do is to make it work with 3D Vision. I refuse to accept 2D for this game! Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Phantasy Star Online 2

Post by 3DNovice »

Online games are typically never fixed due to constant updates and anti-cheats.

Being that this is DirectX 9, not much hope at all. You can try Helix mod to disable offending things like shadows pretty easily, see bo3b's school for shaderhackers.
Some times lowering settings like shadows from Ultra to low will do the job or turning things off, like post processing.

You might even try using dgVooDoo 2 to wrap the game to dx11
http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/

Then you could perhaps use Nvidia's CM or SuperDepth 3D or 3DMigoto which all work with dx11

I think VorpX also works with dgVooDoo 2, keep iin mind, it just a dx9 to dx11/12 wrapper and does not have any stereoscopic support within it.

Note: keep in mind, doing anything to an online game could potentially lead to a ban, try at your own risk.
Check this games forums and be sure to check for posts mentioning being banned for anything before proceeding.

ReShade jumped through some hoops and received white listing by some games using Anti-Cheat
https://reshade.me/kunena/general-discu ... anti-cheat
So SuperDepth 3D might be ok to use, Dunno
FinalFoxX
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by FinalFoxX »

Awesome! Thanks man!
FinalFoxX
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by FinalFoxX »

Quick update for anyone who cares. Open up the user.pso2 with your favorite text editor in the SEGA folder under My Documents. Disable AmbientOcclusion by turning it to false. Turn off shadows by setting quality to 1. And, turn your game to true fullscreen under the windows section:

Width3d = 3840,
Height3d = 2160,
DisplayNo = 0,
Width = 1920,
DisableMemoryOptimize = false,
FullScreen = true,
ManagedDevice = false,
Height = 1080,
VirtualFullScreen = false,
DisableDirectX9Ex = false,
VSync = false,

Honestly though, It kinda looks bland. I made a Vorpx Profile for those VR users, but no 3D yet until the Vorpx crew gives me an 3d editor pass.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Sorry everyone, I know I probably seem like I have ADHD at this point (and that's because I probably do), but my curiosity got the better of me with the New Genesis release and I may have started another fix on this one :?

Just early stuff, but getting it to even load up properly in 3D was a little bit of a challenge that's been tackled, and easy to adapt some of my regexes to what I've looked at so far. The sky is proving to be the trickiest thing so far, but I need sleep and when I come back to that on a fresher mind I'm sure it'll be a breeze (pun intended). It's probably a ways out before I'll have anything I can release. I'm not sure how it's going to handle the older PSO2 content vs the new stuff. I believe PSO2 was DX9 (someone please correct me if I'm wrong here), but NG is running on DX11. Would be lovely if they managed to upconvert the old game to DX11, but I doubt that to be the case, and I wonder if the old content gets launched separately. I'm still in the tutorial area so I haven't made it far enough to see how that's treated, so yeah, that's why I'm definitely not providing any ETA at this point, but at least more than a glimmer of hope.

Still planning on working on my various other projects in rotation, so those that are being patient waiting on the others rest assured I'm not leaving you hanging. This game hasn't taken priority, just gathered my interest enough to get added to my work rotation.

More news to come, I guess!
My Killer 3D Gaming System Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5600x | GPU: GTX 2080 TI | Mobo: MSI x570 MAG Tomahawk | RAM: 4x8GB GSkill Triden Neo 3600Mhz | Cooling: Arctic Freezer II 280mm | Storage: OS on WB Black NVME M.2, various other SSDs & HDDs | Displays: Asus ROG Swift PG278QR, Optoma UHD50 | VR HMD: Oculus Quest 2 | Controller: Razer Wolverine Ultimate | Keyboard: Logitech G910 | Mouse: Razer Naga Trinity | Driving wheel: Logitech G27 | Flight sticks: TM Warthog / T16000M | Throttle: TM TWCS | Pedals: TM TFRP | Chair: DX Racer
Performance results here

My Paypal or send to rshannonca@gmail.com <-- For those that would like to show extra appreciation and support for my fixes
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Really interested in this, I'm missing some good 3d mmorpg, TESO fix has issues by now, Black Desert is completely broken, Neverwinter HUD is at the wrong depth, only Secret World seems to be working fine still if you pump convergence to fix the hud, so looking forward to this fix.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”