10k to spend.

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Hell0
One Eyed Hopeful

10k to spend.

Post by Hell0 »

Hey guys, nice to find this place after searching google all yesterday. I inherited some money recently and well.. 3D gameing here I come ^^.
First of all. Sorry, I no that some were it's probablly allready been posted, but im so tired, and besides, i'd rather get it rite since it's going to
cost so much.

Could you tell me what kind of experiance I could get for 10k (Australian) Would I be able to get a projector for 3D games and movies? Or only
games? Do I need to go all out or will 5k do just as well? Is it going to be out dated in a years time like video cards?

:wink:

Edit: DepthQ WXGA is the best to hope for? any rivals?

Edit2: It was made in 2005 though >>.
funkee
Cross Eyed!

Re: 10k to spend.

Post by funkee »

If you can still order it, you could consider spending about 3k$ on a Hyundai striped polarizer?
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Sadly with all that money to spend there are few worthy options.

Maybe 2 high resolution projectors for a polarized setup using IZ3d drivers.

If you want the best current supported options its either a 22" lcd iz3d or Zalman but that isnt exactly mind blowing.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

Okta wrote: Maybe 2 high resolution projectors for a polarized setup using IZ3d drivers.
He seems to Has money, so ther is more possible than that:

6 1080p beamer with 2 Trippelheadtogo building an gigant wall of 3D... If he have the room for it... (Myselv I haven't the space for one beamer ;) )
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Will someone think of the children!

:P :P :P

Regards,
Neil
Hornet
Cross Eyed!

Post by Hornet »

Hi buy Benq MP721 or two, shutterglasses, ev. matrox Dual head 2Go and you have this in stereo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_p69UwOsNU

:mrgreen: This is my setup, all normal 3d games are playable, too stereoscopic player
Okta

Post by Okta »

Not sure how keen he would be to use ancient Nvidia drivers and a 7900.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

cirk2 wrote:
Okta wrote: Maybe 2 high resolution projectors for a polarized setup using IZ3d drivers.
He seems to Has money, so ther is more possible than that:

6 1080p beamer with 2 Trippelheadtogo building an gigant wall of 3D... If he have the room for it... (Myselv I haven't the space for one beamer ;) )
What about a 'Cave' like setup? Would any drivers support it?

Well 2 polarized projectors are not the worst investion, since it's fairly easy to produce drivers for it, there should be continuing support. Shutter technology is somewhat dependent on Nvidia drivers :-(

What about multiple solutions? Try some out and keep the best one? Save the rest money to get the devices which come out next year(s). It's not wise to blow it all, since you'll need a new PC every now and then.

For desktop you should try
- Iz3D
- Zalman
- Vr920 (head mounted display)
- TDVisor (head mounted Display)
- Samsung TV S-3D ready (DLP or Plasma. Plasma seems to ghost more)
They are all around 1000AUD I think. The TV might be more expencive.
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
The_Doctor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by The_Doctor »

I vote for 2 polarized projectors + everything else (filters, screen etc) + iz3d driver as well if you have the space.
chrisjarram
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by chrisjarram »

If you have 10 grand, just buy the depthQ HD (120hz). Or, for 2 grand US just buy 3Xmp721 (I have this setup), a TH2G and spend another bunch of cash on some CrystalEyes 3 and a high power emitter.

You might consider adding some motion also for that kind of money, depends what games you play. I've spent about the same in all on my rig but stereoscopic gaming and immersion is not all about the visual setup you use.

You can get a sweet setup for that cash, so long as you don't waste it all on the stereo 3d aspect. Also, don't bother with passive projection, go active if you have the money - better driver support is just around the corner.
XFX GTX 280 XXX,BFG 7900GTX,Q6600,4gbXMS2,3TB RAID,2xWD Raptors,MountainMods U2-UFO Case,1KW Thermaltake PSU, 3x BenQ MP720p,Full active sim setup inc actuators,shakers,wind,THX sound.CrystalEyes 3,6 wireless ED w/ hipower emitter.
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

Now thers something new to spend money on: The Mitsubishi Lasevue TV just 7k dollars ;)
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

in my life i tested shutterglasses, anaglyph, iz3d, hmd, dualprojectors.

all with different priceranges.

in my opinion, if you have th emoney to spend, dual projectors with spar filters, and LCD projectors (1024 x 768) using iz3d drivers and a nice silverscreen is the way to go..

iz3d drivers give this tecnology full power and it is the best immersion you can get.

somebody agrees?
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

LukePC1

Post by LukePC1 »

I fetched some popcorn. Let the party begin/continue :D
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
Okta

Post by Okta »

chrisjarram wrote:If you have 10 grand, just buy the depthQ HD (120hz). Or, for 2 grand US just buy 3Xmp721 (I have this setup), a TH2G and spend another bunch of cash on some CrystalEyes 3 and a high power emitter.

You might consider adding some motion also for that kind of money, depends what games you play. I've spent about the same in all on my rig but stereoscopic gaming and immersion is not all about the visual setup you use.

You can get a sweet setup for that cash, so long as you don't waste it all on the stereo 3d aspect. Also, don't bother with passive projection, go active if you have the money - better driver support is just around the corner.

Better driver support just around the corner? You know something we dont here?

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”