Journey

Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Journey

Post by Shift-E »

So I remember someone posting about Journey working pretty well with tridef on the old nvidia forums, but I can't seem to find the thread (the post was not in a thread about Journey).

Has anyone had success playing Journey in 3D and remember what profile they used? I tried several different tridef profiles but could not find one that works. I just reinstalled Tridef on my new pc thanks to these forums, and was hoping to play it in Tridef 3D since 3D vision is not an option currently.
Last edited by Shift-E on Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Journey (Tridef?)

Post by skyrimer »

I think that as long as it remains an Epic Store exclusive people won't care much about it, maybe when it releases on PC a shaderhacker will look into it again. I played it on PS3 so long ago, it would be great to play it in 3D. I can't help about Tridef though, haven't touched it in ages.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

Too bad, no one had a look at Journey on Steam so far. Impressive visuals, most certainly an unforgettable experience in 3D Vision...
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

First off, what game engine does it use?? I have 3D vision and TriDef as well. Get me it's game engine and I'll give it a try and what I can come up with.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

The game looks really good without any fix:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

It uses Sony's PhyreEngine. Not sure how well it works out of the box with 3DV as I haven't bought it yet for PC. Just played it on PS3. It's an uniquely beautiful game which received quite a few awards on the PS3 but got completely forgotten every since it was released on the PC.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

WickedScav wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:42 am It uses Sony's PhyreEngine. Not sure how well it works out of the box with 3DV as I haven't bought it yet for PC. Just played it on PS3. It's an uniquely beautiful game which received quite a few awards on the PS3 but got completely forgotten every since it was released on the PC.
Can you give me kind a short explanation on the plot and story of the game. What's the object of the game?
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

It's about reaching the top of the mountain in the far distance but what makes it so interesting is a the journey to get there and how you interact with other players to solve problems in a unique, creative fantasy setting.

It can be played through rather quickly (in about 2 hours) but the purpose of the game is the solve all the puzzles and discover all the secrets which can takes 3 times as long.

It's on sale at Steam till the 2nd of November for 9 €, really a bargain for such a unique game with a wonderful soundtrack.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

@ Skyrimer
How did you mangage to enable 3D, have tried different setting and used 3DHubplayer profile ?
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Download the Unreal Engine universal fix 2.10 and set fullscreen to 1 on d3dx.ini. Convergence is very high when you boot this game, lower it until it looks ok.

Note that this game doesn't use Unreal Engine 4, but installing 3dmigoto and setting fullscreen to 1 turns 3d on, but it has issues in 3d, just tested it myself a moment ago. For whatever reason, the UE4 fix makes it look fine in 3d, don't ask me why.

This game was tested a loong time ago on the screenshot section of the Discord, I suggest you check it out from time to time to see new games tested by users there.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Thanks skyrimer, I will test later.

TBH I'm not a big fan of Discord, so I tend to forget it :/
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

skyrimer wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:32 am Download the Unreal Engine universal fix 2.10 and set fullscreen to 1 on d3dx.ini. Convergence is very high when you boot this game, lower it until it looks ok.
Note that this game doesn't use Unreal Engine 4, but installing 3dmigoto and setting fullscreen to 1 turns 3d on, but it has issues in 3d, just tested it myself a moment ago. For whatever reason, the UE4 fix makes it look fine in 3d, don't ask me why.
I just bought the game on Steam and tried to run it via the universall UE4 fix, 3D kicks in but somehow the screen shows just the brownish desert colors but I can't see any menus, fonts, titles, models or anything. Even the logo titles are completely white. It looks like either the convergence is way off (I tried to reduce it to a minimum but no dice) or the screen is somehow zoomed in by 500% or so, that I only get to see a small portion of the screen. It's hard to describe but anyway it's not playable....

UPDATE: I realize now that I didn't start the game via "00_UE4-UniversalFix-2_Config.cmd" but only by using the game main executable. Not sure if this has anything to do with it. Anyway, "00_UE4-UniversalFix-2_Config.cmd" doesn't run as I cannot find the typical UE4 folder structure...
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

WickedScav wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:30 am
skyrimer wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:32 am Download the Unreal Engine universal fix 2.10 and set fullscreen to 1 on d3dx.ini. Convergence is very high when you boot this game, lower it until it looks ok.
I just bought the game on Steam and tried to run it via the universall UE4 fix, 3D kicks in but somehow the screen shows just the brownish desert colors but I can't see any menus, fonts, titles, models or anything. Even the logo titles are completely white. It looks like either the convergence is way off (I tried to reduce it to a minimum but no dice) or the screen is somehow zoomed in by 500% or so, that I only get to see a small portion of the screen. It's hard to describe but anyway it's not playable....

UPDATE: I realize now that I didn't start the game via "00_UE4-UniversalFix-2_Config.cmd" but only by using the game main executable. Not sure if this has anything to do with it. Anyway, "00_UE4-UniversalFix-2_Config.cmd" doesn't run as I cannot find the typical UE4 folder structure...
It worked for me, maybe you could try downloading 3dmigoto, turning fullscreen to 1 and see if that works better for you. Are you using 3.00 UE4 universal fix or 2.10? I used 2.10.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
kaimastah
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kaimastah »

https://mega.nz/file/HtMTSKoK#sPOyrUc06 ... a_AfqdJAUI

This is a WIP fix that DHR and I made last year and it contains some haloing regex fixes but it was never finished so shadows and lighting are still broken. I don't know if it still works or if it's better than what you guys tried though. The game should trigger 3D automatically at launch and you can also press F7 to manually force exclusive fullscreen.
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

kaimastah wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:32 am https://mega.nz/file/HtMTSKoK#sPOyrUc06 ... a_AfqdJAUI

This is a WIP fix that DHR and I made last year and it contains some haloing regex fixes but it was never finished so shadows and lighting are still broken. I don't know if it still works or if it's better than what you guys tried though. The game should trigger 3D automatically at launch and you can also press F7 to manually force exclusive fullscreen.
Amazing. Thank you very much! Even if it is a WIP, as long as it doesn't crash too often, will it be fine for me ;)

UIPDATE: Tried it and works perfectly. Gonna play through it again in glorious 3DVision :) Thanks again!
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Great - Thanks kaimastah / DHR, so far it's very playable with the fix !
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

I'm fixing this game right now (without looking at that other WIP fix), resuming what I started in January. For now:

- Fixed lighting and shadows in all shaders I encountered for the moment. I may need regex if new shaders keep appearing.
- Fixed clipping of those shadows and lighting.
- Fixed haloing problems.
- Fixed distant fog.
- Stereoized specular reflections (for now for the sand shader).
- Disabled the barrel distortion shader and added a hotkey to restore it. This effect was very annoying in 3D.
Journey006.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Shift-E

Re: Journey

Post by Shift-E »

Edited the thread title to remove the Tridef stuff to avoid confusion, now that we have a real 3D fix.

very cool masterotaku, as always, I should have just waited instead of playing in 2D :oops: . I doubt I will ever go back and play this one, but if I do it will definitely be with this fix!

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”