Path of exile?

Horrux
One Eyed Hopeful

Path of exile?

Post by Horrux »

I see there's a Helix mod for it, and I'm enjoying the game, but I can't get it to work with 3D Vision. The game crashes after a few minutes, using 418, 425 and other drivers.

Any help or ideas out there?
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Path of exile?

Post by Necropants »

There is?

I was working on one, after they broke it in 3D but myself and a few other people were never able to get to the bottom with what they did to the water. (I actually have it disabled in my install.)
As for crashes I can't help you here probably I do not have any crashing issues.
Horrux
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Horrux »

Necropants wrote:There is?

I was working on one, after they broke it in 3D but myself and a few other people were never able to get to the bottom with what they did to the water. (I actually have it disabled in my install.)
As for crashes I can't help you here probably I do not have any crashing issues.
Yeah the water looks awful in S3D... Are you saying you don't have any crashing issues, or that you probably don't?
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Sorry bad typo. The game does not crash for me.
At some stage I will share my fix here for you but I am not near my pc atm.
Horrux
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Horrux »

Necropants wrote:Sorry bad typo. The game does not crash for me.
At some stage I will share my fix here for you but I am not near my pc atm.
I would love to get a fix that lets me play 3D without crashing! Thanks!!! :-)
Horrux
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Horrux »

Anybody? Please?
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

No one to my knowedge ever worked out how to fix the Water, So I disabled it in my fix. I know Masterotaku at least took a brief look at it and it baffled him. I have been so busy i haven't had a chance to put mine up anywhere, this forums restricts annoy me a little bit as I wish we could just attach here like the old forums but I can't add anything.

Ill try take a look this weekend and put it up somewhere, should at least make it playable with my convergence settings.

*Edit*

Sorry mate since I had't played this for a while I fired it up and found my fix is broken. I think maybe just the shaders have changed.
I don't have time at the moment but I might redo it soon.

I have played over 1000 hours of this game and got a bit burnt out in the end especially after they started breaking it in 3d.
It's sad because it was one of the best 3D vision experiences in the past imo
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

Necropants wrote:No one to my knowedge ever worked out how to fix the Water, So I disabled it in my fix. I know Masterotaku at least took a brief look at it and it baffled him. I have been so busy i haven't had a chance to put mine up anywhere, this forums restricts annoy me a little bit as I wish we could just attach here like the old forums but I can't add anything.
I got a faint idea: what if you stereoize the SV_POSITION and also correct the TEXCOORD? In the vertex shader, I mean.
Because if I remember right, the last time I saw water most of it was at screen depth, with refraction somewhat at "correct" depth. Which can mean that stereoizing the position will create "haloing" in the refraction, which can be fixed then.

Over time I get more fixing ideas in my head and I usually keep most games installed just in case, but I don't have this game downloaded right now (I was annoyed about the constant updates with my slow internet).
Horrux
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Horrux »

masterotaku wrote:
Necropants wrote:No one to my knowedge ever worked out how to fix the Water, So I disabled it in my fix. I know Masterotaku at least took a brief look at it and it baffled him. I have been so busy i haven't had a chance to put mine up anywhere, this forums restricts annoy me a little bit as I wish we could just attach here like the old forums but I can't add anything.
I got a faint idea: what if you stereoize the SV_POSITION and also correct the TEXCOORD? In the vertex shader, I mean.
Because if I remember right, the last time I saw water most of it was at screen depth, with refraction somewhat at "correct" depth. Which can mean that stereoizing the position will create "haloing" in the refraction, which can be fixed then.

Over time I get more fixing ideas in my head and I usually keep most games installed just in case, but I don't have this game downloaded right now (I was annoyed about the constant updates with my slow internet).
Yeah they update it continuously, but that also means it's improving. This game has come so far in the last year or two, it's an utterly amazing experience.

Well, I guess I'll just keep hoping you guys get an itch to play around with it... ;-)

Thanks for all the fixes BTW.
Connorx89
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Connorx89 »

Recently I had a similar problem. Thanks for the great post

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”